Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Polish Coffin-maker Uses Nude Models To Sell Wares - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polish Coffin-maker Uses Nude Models To Sell Wares (1148 Views)

South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin / Check Out The Hilarious Sign Church Uses To Stop People From Urinating Around / Manufacturer Of Coffin Complains Of Low Patronage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polish Coffin-maker Uses Nude Models To Sell Wares by minudus: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2012
Polish coffin-maker uses nude models to sell wares
WARSAW (Reuters) - A Polish firm that makes coffins has angered the Catholic church by trying to drum up business with a calendar depicting topless models posing next to its caskets.

One image from the 2013 edition of the calendar has a blonde model, wearing only a skimpy thong and with a snake draped around her neck, reclining on a coffin. In another, a woman wearing a crimson corset is depicted pulling out the heart of a man lying on a casket.

"My son had the idea of creating the company's calendar... so that we could show something half-serious, colorful, beautiful; the beauty of Polish girls and the beauty of our coffins," said Zbigniew Lindner, the firm's owner.

"We wanted to show that a coffin isn't a religious symbol. Its a product," he said. "Why are people afraid of coffins and not of business suits, cosmetics or jewelry?"

As well as attracting publicity for his firm, the calendar is intended as a source of revenue. It is on sale on the company's website. Anyone who places an order receives a complementary key ring in the shape of a coffin.

The Catholic church has condemned the calendar as inappropriate. A church spokesman has said that human death should be treated with solemnity and not mixed up with sex.

The church and its teachings have been at the heart of Polish life for generations, but changes in society are challenging the faith. While 93 percent of Poles say they are Catholic, the proportion who attend church regularly is falling. Many people are starting to confront long-standing taboos about sexuality and religion.
Re: Polish Coffin-maker Uses Nude Models To Sell Wares by Caseless: 7:07am On Nov 03, 2012
Nothing person no go hear from these oyibo people. Wetin join unclad models with coffin again? Sha, na people wey de use am i pitty. Me na dat open and all exposed one made of light co'nut wood dem go put me when i eventually give up...wetin concern me with what those unclean models have come in contact with? Smh
Re: Polish Coffin-maker Uses Nude Models To Sell Wares by SlyIg(f): 7:16am On Nov 03, 2012
My dear, picture please... I dont like reading too much. That's why I love photo journalism.

1 Like

Re: Polish Coffin-maker Uses Nude Models To Sell Wares by slawek: 2:42am On Nov 04, 2012
What about promoting a big sale of coffins with this sign "Death to greedy global capitalism controlled by a Center of 1% (CO1% -CO also represents nicely killing gas)" with pretty nude models keeping professionally AK-47, grenades, suicide belts, portable rockets etc?

Will Our Dear Mass Media Censure smile or just delete it asap?

(1) (Reply)

I / Did Constantine Change The Sabbath From Saturday To Sunday? / Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.