Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved (5497 Views)

Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry / My Nokia 3250 Got Microwaved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by hansibone(m): 11:53am On Jan 30, 2008
Hello guys,

I need ur help on this my sister just got a Nokia 3230 and it fell into water, guess what her daughter microwaved the phone to get it dried and God, the phone those not see any network, but every other thing is working.

i know we use MICROWAVE for our GSM networks, but God, i think she just fried the antenna, by microwaving the phone. i need ur help on this.

thanks guys. sad cry
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by DualCore1: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2008
lol
geeex i couldn't hold laughing when u said she musta fried the antenna, hehe. i dont really use my 3230, but tht phone has some signal issues, mine wasn't fried but i know sometimes i don't get any service when i'm inside the room when using mtn, i only get service outside, but with other networks, its fine.

bros tht phone still has water in it, u'll have to dismantle that phone and

Step 1. Protect the screen with a film or similar.

Step 2. Remove the battery cover.

Step 3. Use a plastic shim in a left and right motion to release the clips of the top cover.

Step 4. Remove the top cover.

Step 5. Remove the four Torx T6 screws in the order shown below.

Step 6. Use your plastic shim to release the front cover slightly.

Step 7. Now list the front fascia away.

Step 8. Remove the key pad.

Step 9. Release the clips on both sides of the display shield.

Step 10. With the clips released, simply lift away the display shield.

Step 11. Protect the screen with a film and use your shim to carefully release the display connector.

Step 12. Now you can remove the display.

Step 13. Remove the four Torx T6 screws in the order shown below.

Step 14. Remove the chassis.

Step 15. Take careful note of the grounding clips for reassembly.

Step 16. Remove the POC keys.

Step 17. Use your Torx driver to push the speaker out of its housing. Take note that this is stuck in place and a new foam gasket may be required for reassembly.

Step 18. Use your plastic shim to carefully disconnect the flex cable.

Step 19. Remove the user interface assembly.

Step 20. Remove the main circuit board.

Step 21. Remove the aerial assembly.

Step 22. Remove the vibra motor.

Step 23. Remove the microphone taking note of the guiding pin for reassembly

Step 24. Remove the power connector using a disconnected charger.

Step 25. This final section covers removal of the camera module and is included for the sake of completeness. If you do not have access to the correct tools to do this job I'd suggest leaving it alone.

Step 26. Reassembly is a simple matter of reversing the above steps making sure that everything works correctly and that you've caused no damage whilst dismantling the phone.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by hansibone(m): 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
Jeez dual core, how d heck do u want me to do all that? shocked

i no be phone technician, God its like going back to school and resolving ur project work.well i would try that out.

to me the phone looks dry, every other function is working, only the FRIED antenna is bleeped cheesy, but i tried manually search of service and found a network (MTN) but it could not register to the network.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by darmys(f): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2008
dont be lazy my friend undecided
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by hansibone(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2008
But guys that shit aint easy cry,

somebody pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Aight im on it now, dont need any disturbance guys and jeez thanks alot guys wink
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by DualCore1: 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2008
first time i opened that phone, i screwed up the connector for the screen and had to get a new screen for N4k. second time, i screwed up the joystick, but fixed tht nice and easy, after then its been easy to do. u don't need to do all that dismantling sha, just take off the top where the camera is, that's where the antenna is, so check for any liquid there, the phone looks dry, but i dont think its dry. wink

but then again, u can wait for a while, can't tell how long though, and then the phone might be back to normal, i forgot to say this earlier, last time i checked, the 3230 had signals with mtn while in ma room.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by dnative(m): 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
@poster !!!!!!!!!!1

Putting a phone or anything metallic in a microwave is really asking for trouble and a very very dangerous thing to do. Lives has been lost because of this. Please tell your sister to properly educate her daughter on the proper usage of a microwave. I need not say more.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by oldie(m): 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
For phones that fall in liquids, especially water based liquids:
1. Immediately remove the battery
2. Put the phone in the sun for 2-3 hours. You can also use hair dryer as hot air blower
3. Clean the battery contacts.
4. Switch  on your phone and check for normal operations

If after the steps mentioned above and phone does not work or work properly, you can then
1. Disassembly your phone carefully (Please know what you are doing!)
2. After disassembly, soak all units, apart from the lcd, camera unit) in a methylated spirit
3. Use an old tooth brush soaked in the spirit to clean all the components
4. Dry these units in the sun or use hair dryer
5. Assemble the phone
6. Test

If all these fail, send your phone to a phone repairer!

But for this "microwaved" phone, either there is still water in the antenna switch and rf amplifier or they are damaged
Whichever way, take the phone to a phone repairer
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by mikkyphp(m): 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahah -- -- -- - Microwaved a phone - ----- ahahahahahah
please!!!!
hahahahahahhaahahahahahahhahahhahahah
stunt of the year

i should try microwaving my laptop
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by omena555(f): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
hansibone:

i think she just fried the antenna,
ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@post sorry cry, i wish i cld help!
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by youngies(m): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2008
I think the phone is suferring from some form of hangover. To re-activate it, dip the phone back into a mixture of water and alcohol, wait for 5 minutes, then wrap it in an alminium foil and microwave it again. Then you will be good.

If symptoms persists, then throw it away fast cos it has transformed into a nuke head undecided
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
LMFAO, i hope she didnt put any sauce on it, dis is so funny. Lets know if Dual's lecture worked.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by princeonx: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2008
lol
did she add any spice or salt to it? maybe thats the problem.  grin
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by uche1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
Lay the screen protector on screen and check the fitting of each sides.

Clean the screen thouroughly.

Apply the Screen Protector on Screen slowly.

Peel of the mask when application is completed
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2008
lol, couldn't help taking a peep at this thread. microwaved a phone. did she think it was food? grin grin grin grin grin
but on a serious note tell her to be careful and not try such a thing next time, it could be really dangerous.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by ashaby(f): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2008
I sure hope the little girl added some mayonaise coz that my favourite grin grin grin
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by dragnet: 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2008
hansibone, do as D C said. . . . Just make sure the antenna is connecting with the board
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by BTT(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin Just cant stop LMFAO grin grin grin

She should have considered toasting it rather.

Seriously. Tell her to be careful next time. tellers of such tales are either in Golgotha or in . . .

Too bad for the fone too.

Good luck next time.
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by hansibone(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hello guys,

jeez i'm back, well im still on the stuff Dual Core told me to do, but God im touchin the phone like im touch a new born baby.pray it works.

and jeez wassup wit my posters i did not fry d phone she did, n God knows she is not going to try it again. Thanks alot for ur concern peps and jeez i would try out my hands on everything wink

God browsing for free with MTN via PC is as deadly as a Door nail, these guys made me browse for free for 30minutes and then freestlyed my money cry, God i'm broke somebody help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee teach MTN a lesson, pls nairalanders i need ur back.

Thanks cool
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by seun001(m): 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2008
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
microwaved a phone, please don't let her try it again oh, cos u just might be telling another story here.

i think dual core lecture is too complicated and will probably confuse him more.use an hot air blower,if it doesn't work properly then see a phone repairer that has the equipment to dismember the phone part to clean it with methylated spirit.
again microwaved, grin grin
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by DualCore1: 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
seun001:

i think dual core lecture is too complicated

Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by seun001(m): 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2008
Dual Core:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by naijafan(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2008
grill it
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by DualCore1: 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2008
naijafan:

grill it

Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by emonkey(m): 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
Funniest post I've ever read in my entire life. Thanks guys for brightening my day !!
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by DualCore1: 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
e-monkey:

Thanks guys for brightening my day !!

don't forget to drop a N500 bill on your way signing out. we don't work for free
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by naijafan(m): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
Dual Core:

don't forget to drop a N500 bill on your way signing out. we don't work for free

grin
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by emonkey(m): 10:35pm On Jan 30, 2008

Damn I put the money in the microwave for too long !!
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by MrInfo1(m): 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
e-monkey:

Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by minto(m): 12:12am On Jan 31, 2008
e-monkey:

How dare you; put monkey money in the microwave? shocked wink grin
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by hansibone(m): 10:44am On Jan 31, 2008
Whewwwwwwwwww,

God im back, Dual Core u are the best, i tried out ur project work and it worked, i can now register on a network, but the receiver is still suffering from the HANGOVERhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/hyperfire.gif.

im trying it out on a GLO network, and its working embarassed thou its still skipping. it still cant find the CELTEL network dont know wats its beef with them.

anymore news,
Re: Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved by DualCore1: 10:57am On Jan 31, 2008
hansibone:

Whewwwwwwwwww,

God im back, Dual Core u are the best, i tried out your project work and it worked, i can now register on a network, but the receiver is still suffering from the HANGOVER

hansibone:

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hyperfire.
put the link between the image tags.

hansibone:

anymore news,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Didn’t Know Your ATM Card Can Do, Check Them Out / My Mtn 4g Is Live / Brine's' class{repair your nokia fones,both hard en soft wares}.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.