Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! (4146 Views)

Charge Your Phone By Shouting At It / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry / Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Technology gives individual the ability to communicate instantly and respond quickly to business situations. Today’s technology scene seems overheated to some. Software apps are reaching tens of millions of users within weeks. Major technology names like Research in Motion and Nokia are being undone by rapid changes to their markets. Underlying these developments: the unprecedented speed at which mobile computers are spreading.

Meanwhile , Ex-students of Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania, invented insole. The Insoles have a mechanical system inside them, which spins a generator.. The Generator allows power to be stored in a battery pack stored outside shoe.

Insoles provide two-and-a-half hours of phone charge from a one hour walk.. I strongly belief its gonna be amazing to be able to Charge your Phone by Walking...

"Our EnSoles have an embedded mechanical system inside of them, which is what generates the electricity , Davit Davitian, head of business development for SolePower, explained.‘

‘During the heel strike the kinetic energy of the foot is transferred into the mechanical system, which uses it to spin a micro-generator.’

This generator allows power to be built up in an external battery pack connected by a cable, called a PowerPac, tied onto the laces so it sits on top of a shoe.

Dailymail also reports that, It contains a USB port, allowing a variety of items to charge off it, including smartphones.

Mr Davitian said: ‘The PowerPac is attached to the shoelaces, as you walk you are charging the PowerPac.

‘When you wish to charge your phone, you simply detach the PowerPac from your shoelaces and plug into the available USB port.’

The SolePower company is a spin-out from Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania, which received $60,000 (£38,591) of money from a 2013 Kickstarter campaign.

While the insole is still in the design phase, the company intends on launching it ‘as soon as possible’

HOW DO THE ENSOLES WORK?

The insoles fit into shoes and the wire is wrapped through the laces.
The charging wire from the insole is plugged into the battery pack, which sits outside the shoe - either fastened around the ankle, or clipped onto the top of the footwear.
An embedded mechanical system inside the soles generates the electricity.
During the heel strike of each step, kinetic energy of the foot is transferred into the mechanical system.
This uses the energy to spin a micro-generator.
Wearers walk for an hour to generate two-and-a-half hours’ worth of power for a smartphone.
When the battery pack is charged, it can be unclipped from the shoe and connected to a smartphone, or other device using a USB cable.
The device is set to go on sale soon.

The insole connects to a power pack (pictured) and collects kinetic energy, with a mechanism that converts linear motion - generated while walking - into rotational motion, which is capable of spinning a generator

Sarah Griffiths an editor for MailOnline said that , It is not the first time designers have attempted to harness power produced by walking in order to charge devices.

In 2013, mechanical engineering students from Rice University in Houston, Texas, created a prototype shoe capable of charging a mobile phone.

Their PediPower shoes featured a shoe-mounted generator instead of an insole, which they designed to charge medical equipment in remote areas of the world.

The prototypes delivered an average of 400 milliwatts, which is enough to charge a battery through what looked like a metal heel, attached to the back of the shoe.

It is not the first time designers have attempted to harness power produced by walking in order to charge devices. A team of engineers from Rice University (pictured) created a shoe with an unusual heel attachment designed to generate electricity needed to charge medical equipment in remote areas

What do you think?..

source : http://techcribng.com/charge-phone-walking-see-works/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Olukokosir(m): 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
dey tink less
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Olukokosir:
dey tink less
as in , dont get you?.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
datadirect:
We are really in the jet age and virtually everything is assuming a different dimension with a greater speed. If you have some serious businesses to do online or travel out of the country frequently, you will no doubt agree with me that certain documents such as Drivers license, passport, credit card, proof of address, utility bills, bank statement, SSN, etc always pose a big challenge at one point or another. However, it might interest you to learn that you can now acquire such documents at the comfort of your private abode. They are available for any country and in any country. You can order for soft copy which is editable, or hard copy with the information of your choice on it. Simply contact us via datadirectportal@yahoo.com it's legal with operational license.
lol.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by LeonMacJames(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
I haven't really read the post , but with this kinda technology in nigeria amongst the phone loving community there would be a drastic reduction in the demand for public transport, fat pple would begin to loose weight. and this kinda thing can actually make life better. But as for me instead of trekking , ill just buy a treadmill in my house at least that's safer.

4 Likes

Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
LeonMacJames:
I haven't really read the post , but with this kinda technology in nigeria amongst the phone loving community there would be a drastic reduction in the demand for public transport, fat pple would begin to loose weight. and this kinda thing can actually make life better. But as for me instead of trekking , ill just buy a treadmill in my house at least that's safer.
nice review my broda.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Wittylens(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wow!

I just wish Nigerians can think like this
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wittylens:
Wow!

Yes o.. FP where are yu.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by gbenga4sure(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Yeah so on point
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
gbenga4sure:
Yeah so on point
thanks jawe, gbenga
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Sunkyphil(m): 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
nice innovation
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by jorhney(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
okay
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Cutesexy1(f): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Seen
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sunkyphil:
nice innovation
thanks jawe.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
jorhney:
okay
uhn, k.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by taiocol: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wittylens:
Wow!

SO you are some illegal immigrants walkingffreely here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Janeify(f): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Summary please
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hmm thank Jah for technology.. Very soon en go be charge ur fone while shitting... Dem go transform shit to electrical energy,, dats if them neva do am sef..
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by jerryboiii(m): 4:15am On Dec 31, 2014
Ok Nw can we rest?
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by LeonMacJames(m): 5:14am On Dec 31, 2014
Wittylens:
Wow!

. Ur wish has already been granted, long time ago . The only problem is that we ignore the potentials in our children.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by harmbhrosz(m): 5:19am On Dec 31, 2014
LeonMacJames:
. Ur wish has already been granted, long time ago . The only problem is that we ignore the potentials in our children.
bet why
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by LeonMacJames(m): 5:25am On Dec 31, 2014
But come to think of it,they ddnt say anything about this tech being waterproof. It might not be relevant in their country but if they plan to export it to countries like 9ja that should looked into . Cos bad roads and floods are common phenomena here . Make person no go electrocute himself.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by LeonMacJames(m): 5:36am On Dec 31, 2014
harmbhrosz:
bet why
. In a typical nigerian home , the son finds out he has an affinity for finding out how stuff works. Then one day he notices their tv remote and wonders how that ish work, gets a screw driver and opens the remote. Then Dad gets home from work and finds his 6yrs old son with the dismantled the remote .(!!!! JUNIOR WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!!! ***********************) I guess u know the rest.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Chuukwudi(m): 5:38am On Dec 31, 2014
I think not!
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by Chuukwudi(m): 5:38am On Dec 31, 2014
[size=16pt] I think not! [/size]
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2014
YNeme3E:
Hmm thank Jah for technology.. Very soon en go be charge ur fone while shitting... Dem go transform shit to electrical energy,, dats if them neva do am sef..
this 2014 has bn a great year.. With tweak like Charge your phone by shouting at it, Charge your phone Using sweat, and this.. I thnk tech is improving everyday.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 6:51am On Dec 31, 2014
Janeify:
Summary please
Ex-students of Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania, invented insole. The Insoles have a mechanical system inside them, which spins a generator.. The Generator allows power to be stored in a battery pack stored outside shoe.
Insoles provide two-and-a-half hours of phone charge from a one hour walk.. I strongly belief its gonna be amazing to be able to Charge your Phone by Walking...
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 7:54am On Dec 31, 2014
LeonMacJames:
You are absolutely right my broda.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by maxibrainz: 8:35am On Dec 31, 2014
With the power situation in the country na trekking things sure pass, two hours trekking to charge your phone. Some guys all in the name of love go trek for hours to charge their babe phone, imagine what would happen if there is power outage for one month, bad business for transport workers and good business for shoe makers.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by baseg25(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2014
maxibrainz:
With the power situation in the country na trekking things sure pass, two hours trekking to charge your phone. Some guys all in the name of love go trek for hours to charge their babe phone, imagine what would happen if there is power outage for one month, bad business for transport workers and good business for shoe makers.
abi na, naija go value am like mad.
Re: Charge Your Phone Just By Walking. See How It Works! by harmbhrosz(m): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2014
LeonMacJames:
. In a typical nigerian home , the son finds out he has an affinity for finding out how stuff works. Then one day he notices their tv remote and wonders how that ish work, gets a screw driver and opens the remote. Then Dad gets home from work and finds his 6yrs old son with the dismantled the remote .(!!!! JUNIOR WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!!! ***********************) I guess u know the rest.
lol.....just like my story

When I was a little kid...I usually go around picking abandoned bathroom slippers and cutting them into a car shapes and painting them.....they use ro be lovely, I use the rotors from abandoned radio cassette players to propel them....oh how lovely they were.....I use to be awesomely admired by my peer group *But I receive the beatings of my lifer for being playful and attracting friends to out house* and that was the end of it

During the late days of my primary education, I discovered another wonderful talent which was football.....u was picked to join the school team and in a little pace of time I became the second best player of the team and the best scorer.....I could score 3 to 5goals in a match( I mean the set we use to organize during break time), I don't know howbi do it, I just know I score more than 2goals in every match and the only friendly match i ever went to the team in which we won with one goal, I did the assist to James our best player and captain and the moment was lovely but when I got home that evening, I was beating blue black foe sneaking out to go play football(ofcoz they wouldn't allow me go even if I asked for permission). to them I was being unserious so I was banned from seeing or attending to any football activities

In my late secondary education......I had some group of friends which we all discovered we could make good melodies with our voices so we decided to pull up an acappella group(group) and it was lovely....we started attending vigils and concerts in which we soon became famous in our locality for our melodious tones.....mum complainied I was staying out late and not facing my studies that I'm being distracted by my acappella friends and she wouldn't permit me to go for rehearsals and programs most times so I decided to quit in order to make her happy.

...THE END

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone Has Teken Over The World. Pic / NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration / Samsung Galaxy Note Edge – Full Specs And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.