Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross (977 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? / The Significant Of Ashura And Tashura (9 & 10th Of Muharram: 12 & 13;NOV,2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by chrisj2000(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
Rational person looked at the image of a man hanging on a cross and his\her keen mind became overwhelmed with questions:
1. how can a father of rebellious children slaughter the only innocent one just to forgive the offences of the disloyal many?
2. must this purported merciful god always drink human blood for appeasement just as demons, wicked oracles and evil shrines do?
3. is it really painful to die hanging on a cross given that people have met more painful deaths: burnt alive, buried alive, eaten alive by wild beasts, stoned to death by zealots, etc.
whenever i see that image, i look up at it and say "look my friend, you're not hanging there for my sake, nor for the sake of mankind. you were killed for your own sin. it's more logical to believe that an armed robber was killed for others to live (robbers kill people and when one of them get killed, potential victims are saved) than accept that bogus bible interpretation of your demise. if the unremitting thirst of your blood-thirsty father wasn't quenched by all the blood he drank during the pogroms of the old testament, let him convert atlantic ocean into blood and guzzle as more as he wants. (just as you converted water to wine and forbade your followers from drinking wine)
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Joagbaje(m): 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
chrisj2000: Rational person looked at the image of a man hanging on a cross and his\her keen mind became overwhelmed with questions:
1. how can a father of rebellious children slaughter the only innocent one just to forgive the offences of the disloyal many?

His life wasn't taken . He laid it down by himself

John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

2. must this purported merciful god always drink human blood for appeasement just as demons, wicked oracles and evil shrines do?

God didn't drink blood. , his blood being shed it represent life and sacrife .Blood is life

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

3. is it really painful to die hanging on a cross given that people have met more painful deaths:

The pain was not the cross. The pain was before the cross.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
chrisj2000: Rational person looked at the image of a man hanging on a cross and his\her keen mind became overwhelmed with questions:
3. is it really painful to die hanging on a cross given that people have met more painful deaths: burnt alive, buried alive, eaten alive by wild beasts, stoned to death by zealots, etc.
whenever i see that image, i look up at it and say "look my friend, you're not hanging there for my sake, nor for the sake of mankind. you were killed for your own sin. it's more logical to believe that an armed robber was killed for others to live (robbers kill people and when one of them get killed, potential victims are saved) than accept that bogus bible interpretation of your demise. if the unremitting thirst of your blood-thirsty father wasn't quenched by all the blood he drank during the pogroms of the old testament, let him convert atlantic ocean into blood and guzzle as more as he wants. (just as you converted water to wine and forbade your followers from drinking wine)

You don't have to believe it, just get on with your life and all will be fine.

I find it very hilarious that the guilt eating at the conscience of unbelievers cannot allow them rest, they are restless souls looking for peace and finding none they carry our their frustrations on anyone and everyone but themselves.

If Jesus is not risen or did not die for you , no qualms, get over it, as far as the sun shines , as far as day and night exists, countless millions will believe this TRUTH.

"But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud." - Isaiah 57:20
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
@frosbel why don't u apply that to ur own life before correcting others.
Day and night u keep creating new threads, writing long articles, critisizing and condenming catholics, pagans, atheists.

Now u have the guts to condenm somebody when u do worse?
Really?
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
JO AND FROSBEL HAVE SAID IT ALL
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
there is no significance. he was just stupid enough to get caught by Roman police.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
inurmind: @frosbel why don't u apply that to ur own life before correcting others.
Day and night u keep creating new threads, writing long articles, critisizing and condenming catholics, pagans, atheists.

Now u have the guts to condenm somebody when u do worse?
Really?

But if Christ does not exist, why should this bother you and your entourage of confused atheists.

Get a life , is my advice !!

1 Like

Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
frosbel:

But if Christ does not exist, why should this bother you and your entourage of confused atheists.

YOU SHOOO DID TELL HIM grin
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by chrisj2000(m): 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
frosbel:

You don't have to believe it, just get on with your life and all will be fine.

I find it very hilarious that the guilt eating at the conscience of unbelievers cannot allow them rest, they are restless souls looking for peace and finding none they carry our their frustrations on anyone and everyone but themselves.

If Jesus is not risen or did not die for you , no qualms, get over it, as far as the sun shines , as far as day and night exists, countless millions will believe this TRUTH.

"But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud." - Isaiah 57:20

i'm not an unbeliever because there's nothing to believe in.

the wicked are the ones who wrote a book filled with fake promises which eventually became a tool for deception.

my life is cool cos i'm well principled, unlike christian who have lost their conscience. they commit atrocities and use their wash-up liquid(blood of jesus) all the time.

2 Likes

Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Horus(m): 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
It is simple, it was a Cruci-Fiction

1 Like

Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
Jesus is fake and irrelivant to the morden society.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
fall over yourselves in your confusion, but please do not hurt the little ones.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by yah1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
It is written in Isaiah 53:4 - "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted."

When people use the word slaughtered, it only shows they are blasphemous folks who do not know the word of God.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

You couldn't even answer my question. So I'll ask u yours.

If god does exist and is exactly as u describe him, and the beliefs of catholics, pagans, and atheists are wrong, why should it bother u so much?

U are the one who is confused and who really needs to get a life. U cant even follow the principles of ur jesus, upon the thousands of threads u've created.

More proof that religion has absolotely nothing to do with morality, but everything to do with hypocrisy.

Have a good night, frost bell, cos thats exactly what u are, a cold noise-maker.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2012
inurmind:

You couldn't even answer my question. So I'll ask u yours.

If god does exist and is exactly as u describe him, and the beliefs of catholics, pagans, and atheists are wrong, why should it bother u so much?

U are the one who is confused and who really needs to get a life. U cant even follow the principles of ur jesus, upon the thousands of threads u've created.

More proof that religion has absolotely nothing to do with morality, but everything to do with hypocrisy.

Have a good night, frost bell, cos thats exactly what u are, a cold noise-maker.

lol.

what are the principles of JESUS ?
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by advocate666: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2012
His death signifies that he had a very bad lawyer.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

lol.

what are the principles of JESUS ?

Yeah, u leave the big guns and go for tiny little one by the corner. I hail u frosty.

Jay.C of Nazaree says u should first remove the plank in ur eyes before u go after the log in ur bro's.
He also says u should do unto others what u want others to do to u.

U've clearly failed in both. I expected more from u. Okay maybe I didn't.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 04, 2012
inurmind:

Yeah, u leave the big guns and go for tiny little one by the corner. I hail u frosty.

Jay.C of Nazaree says u should first remove the plank in ur eyes before u go after the log in ur bro's.
He also says u should do unto others what u want others to do to u.

U've clearly failed in both. I expected more from u. Okay maybe I didn't.

Talk about what you know, stay out of issues that expose your ignorance.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 04, 2012
chrisj2000:

i'm not an unbeliever because there's nothing to believe in.

the wicked are the ones who wrote a book filled with fake promises which eventually became a tool for deception.

my life is cool cos i'm well principled, unlike christian who have lost their conscience. they commit atrocities and use their wash-up liquid(blood of jesus) all the time.

stop hanging around with bad people, evil communication corrupts good manners.
Re: The Significant Of Jesus' Death On A Cross by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

Talk about what you know, stay out of issues that expose your ignorance.

Its amazing to know throughout this time frosty never wrote me an essay or anwered any of my questions.

If anyone's ignorance is being exposed, its yours.

Just do everybody a favour by actually trying to be a true christian. Large notes don't matter, large hearts do. And u will be spreading the message much more effectively and sincerely that way.
I say this without any mockery.

Have a great night frosty.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Thursday 7 February 2013 Choosing Your Inheritance By / For Which Of These Reasons Do You Go To Church? Be Sincere...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.