Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? (978 Views)

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner / Love Dilemma ( Strictly For Born Again Christians) / Is It Compulsory For Born Agains To Speak In Tongue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? by yemmight(m): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
Over time, I have had discussions on the above topic and it seems no one has proffered desired answers.
Currently I have a friend (female), a born again and a worker in one of the new generation Churches. Her major business is selling of alcoholic drinks. She travels far away Ghana and lots of profits from the business.

I have engaged her severally the implication of doing this kind of business and it seems I am discouraging her from the business she earns her living.

Could anyone here share some thoughts on this? Thank you.
Re: Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
Where in the bible did it say it was wrong?
All that was called for was moderation.
And I think everything, not just alcoholic drinks but even water needs to be controlled in consumption.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? by PastorKun(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
Even Jesus turned water into alcoholic wine and also served same to his disciples during the last supper.

Moderation is key.
Re: Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
Good afternoon,
I have heard and seen a number of Christians who out of "piety" and a strong desire to "please" God, go out oof their way to introduce some teachings which are not necessarily condemned by sacred scriptures. You would hear people say things like: "Ladies shouldn't wear trousers", or "wearing make-ups" is sinful or better still, we hear people say that the use of the "internet is bad". In as much as some of this people (I mean the followers now) have a desire to please God, they really do not know how to go about it, hence they take whatever a "man of God" tell them as the truth.

Taking alcohol is not sinful! It only becomes sinful when someone gets drunk like someone rightly put it: using anything in excess makes that thing rather unpleasant. We should learn how to decipher the truth for ourselves. A lot of persons speak only half truths. If you must use the bible to understand somethings, always ask yourself this question: "what exactly is the author trying to teach and in What context was it used?". If we study the bible the way we should then it would be difficult for someone to come and. Bamboozoo us with half truths. Don't let your christianity be borne by emotions. Seek for the spirit of God. He alone can lead you to the truth.

yemmight: Over time, I have had discussions on the above topic and it seems no one has proffered desired answers.
Currently I have a friend (female), a born again and a worker in one of the new generation Churches. Her major business is selling of alcoholic drinks. She travels far away Ghana and lots of profits from the business.

I have engaged her severally the implication of doing this kind of business and it seems I am discouraging her from the business she earns her living.

Could anyone here share some thoughts on this? Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Born Again Xtians To Sell Or Trade With Alcoholic Drinks? by yemmight(m): 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
Pastor Kun: Even Jesus turned water into alcoholic wine and also served same to his disciples during the last supper.

Moderation is key.

hmmmmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Why Doesnt TB Joshua Tell Us How To Catch Boko Haram? / Very Proud And Rude Pastor, True Or False? / Encounter With Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.