Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! (3019 Views)

How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by drnoel: 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Some Nigerian men na wah ooh! A man recently told his wife "Remi see the door ooh, if u want to live please follow it out and then make sure u stay out. I have gotten what I wanted in the first place". The woman bore him 3 beautiful children and the family is well to do. She works with an NGO and he is a top guy at ministry of works. He completely emnbarrassed her, at the birthday bash of one of their children. Frends and family had to intervene b4 it got out of hand, but it was the subject of discussion all night, atleast the whole time that we were there. She just shrugged her shoulder and went in2 the kitchen.

Guys, I found it hard coming from her husband especially at that time. I mean infront of all the guest that night. I was also told from a source that they've seen him arnd a few times with other women but no one can confirm if he has anything to do with them.

Please am asking out of curiousity. What do u think the woman's options would be in this situation.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by SisiKill1: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2012
What is her option? Shrug her shoulders and go back to the kitchen now....abi what else?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
I fail to see how this is a NIGERIAN MAN issue.
I have seen and heard of foreign men behaving the same way.
She has different options. The choice is hers.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What is her opition? Shrug her shoulders and go back to the kitchen now....abi what else?

Exactly. He's managing her, she's managing him. shikena (assuming he really meant what he said). Nothing novel about their situation. She already had it out with him immediately after he said what he said right (that's why people 'had to intervene before it got out of hand', I imagine)? Ehn hen, they fight, they go back to managing themselves. That's all. I don't have enough information to give any other opinion beyond that.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Syncan(m): 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
carefreewannabe: I fail to see how this is a NIGERIAN MAN issue.
I have seen and heard of foreign men behaving the same way.
She has different options. The choice is hers.

I agree with you entirely, its simply an individual Issue (no matter how many such men are found in a place at a time) which cut across cultures. She does have different options really.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hahaha, why doesn't he bail out of the marriage himself, if he has as much 'braggadocio' as he professes? What is stopping him?
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by slimyem: 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
Only the woman can best explain her reasons for staying despite being told(countless times... i suppose) she has served her purpose.
The husband's reason for marrying her is what he has told her and as she has gladly chosen to understand that...why should it be anyone's problem?
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Pysam(m): 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
This is nonsense I mean absolute nonsense. I for one feels very sorry for the women folks I av nt always been so sympathetic for women until lately,after seeing what my aunt is going thru in the hand of her husband. Some man are mad and some re animal fit for the zoo, sorry to say it loud and clear. I don't no why they get these women into their house only to turn them to slaves its so pain and I don't know what the women right groups re doing concerning it.live is so had for most of them I just pray every young girl unmarried ll watch carefully before going into any marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Pysam(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
God will punish them all where ever they re all you women beaters,molesters and abuser will all have your faces in shame.my advice to any woman or lady in suffering in the hands of any stupid lovers or husband, find your way out of that wicked and devilish relationship b4 you loose your life. never let your dreams of a better live end in the hand o one fool'move ahead
He is not your God so he can't destroy you else you give him the chance
Don't be sad and gloomy cos that's what he wants
And for young girls be ware o any guy promising you to be the mother of his children. You must be treated like a queen cos that's what you re.the problem is that you ladies love lies a lot that's why you fall into the wrong hand.my heart cries out for any lady or woman going thru what my aunt is going thru now
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by EfemenaXY: 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
drnoel: Some Nigerian men na wah ooh! A man recently told his wife "Remi see the door ooh, if u want to live please follow it out and then make sure u stay out. I have gotten what I wanted in the first place". The woman bore him 3 beautiful children and the family is well to do. She works with an NGO and he is a top guy at ministry of works. He completely emnbarrassed her, at the birthday bash of one of their children. Frends and family had to intervene b4 it got out of hand, but it was the subject of discussion all night, atleast the whole time that we were there. She just shrugged her shoulder and went in2 the kitchen.

Guys, I found it hard coming from her husband especially at that time. I mean infront of all the guest that night. I was also told from a source that they've seen him arnd a few times with other women but no one can confirm if he has anything to do with them.

Please am asking out of curiousity. What do u think the woman's options would be in this situation.

Half baked stories such as this really get me angry.

@Poster, what are you trying to achieve here? Women coming out in full force to bash men, based on incomplete stories? Pls credit us all with a bit more common sense than that.

You've given us the woman's version of the story. What about the man's version? Something(s) must have happened in the past for him to utter such statements (if true), in the presence of people. Was this in response to something the wifey might have said? Seems like you've taken this out of context.

None of us here really knows what goes on behind their closed doors, and until we've got the complete gist, it's not worth passing judgement condemning the man for what he said. For all we know, it might have even been a joke taken the wrong way!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by EfemenaXY: 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
Pysam: God will punish them all where ever they re all you women beaters,molesters and abuser will all have your faces in shame.my advice to any woman or lady in suffering in the hands of any stupid lovers or husband, find your way out of that wicked and devilish relationship b4 you loose your life. never let your dreams of a better live end in the hand o one fool'move ahead
He is not your God so he can't destroy you else you give him the chance
Don't be sad and gloomy cos that's what he wants
And for young girls be ware o any guy promising you to be the mother of his children. You must be treated like a queen cos that's what you re.the problem is that you ladies love lies a lot that's why you fall into the wrong hand.my heart cries out for any lady or woman going thru what my aunt is going thru now

Seems like you got carried away by @poster's opening statement! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by coogar: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
drnoel: Some Nigerian men na wah ooh! A man recently told his wife "Remi see the door ooh, if u want to live please follow it out and then make sure u stay out. I have gotten what I wanted in the first place". The woman bore him 3 beautiful children and the family is well to do. She works with an NGO and he is a top guy at ministry of works. He completely emnbarrassed her, at the birthday bash of one of their children. Frends and family had to intervene b4 it got out of hand, but it was the subject of discussion all night, atleast the whole time that we were there. She just shrugged her shoulder and went in2 the kitchen.

the man is a fool......
his friends or one of them should have dished him a dirty slap! i hate anyone(man or woman) who makes a scene by disrespecting the other half in public! it's unacceptable! even if he doesn't like the wife again, there are other ways of passing that message across....the wife should go into the kitchen, make a sumptuous meal of herself and down it with guinness small stout - she aint moving an inch!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by coogar: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
double fecking post!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by slimyem: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
coogar:

the man is a fool......
his friends or one of them should have dished him a dirty slap! i hate anyone(man or woman) who makes a scene by disrespecting the other half in public! it's unacceptable! even if he doesn't like the wife again, there are other ways of passing that message across....the wife should go into the kitchen, make a sumptuous meal of herself and down it with guinness small stout - she aint moving an inch!
This is a joke..right?
You don't think that's probably the man's reason for saying spite stuff like that in everyone's presence?
He knows she can't/won't go no where(by her own choice)...and that's what makes him tick!!!
He knows he'll always get away with it...so no problem if he says even worse...
This your solution or stance won't change nada!!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by coogar: 7:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
slimyem: This is a joke..right?
You don't think that's probably the man's reason for saying spite stuff like that in everyone's presence?
He knows she can't/won't go no where(by her own choice)...and that's what makes him tick!!!
He knows he'll always get away with it...so no problem if he says even worse...
This your solution or stance won't change nada!!

you mean she should just stroll out of her marriage and leave her beautiful children in the hands of an irresponsible lout with diarrhoea of the mouth? hell no - the man must tell us why he's suddenly fed up of his wife.....and the reasons must be tenable! i hate grown men who cannot control their mouths. the wife should keep going to that kitchen and eat well - fatten up and add more adipose cells to her butt! the fatter she gets the more immovable! if the man is tired, let him pack out of the house.....
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by drnoel: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

@Poster, what are you trying to achieve here? Women coming out in full force to bash men, based on incomplete stories? Pls credit us all with a bit more common sense than that.

You've given us the woman's version of the story. What about the man's version? Something(s) must have happened in the past for him to utter such statements (if true), in the presence of people. Was this in response to something the wifey might have said? Seems like you've taken this out of context.

None of us here really knows what goes on behind their closed doors, and until we've got the complete gist, it's not worth passing judgement condemning the man for what he said. For all we know, it might have even been a joke taken the wrong way!

Madam u spoke well but I couldn´t offer u more story than I have so far. That is cos I only happen to be acquinted to the family and all I know about their situation are just whispers which I heard on the said date. Now don´t throw tantrums based on that but I didn´t think I should come here and post rumors people have been carrying about the issue.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Pysam(m): 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Seems like you got carried away by @poster's opening statement! undecided lipsrsealed
No dear I know that many women are in deep pains now in what looks like a matrimonial home. His story just deepen an open wounds
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Mrs Efe, I know you're being sarcastic with this comment. Couldn't stop laughing.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by EfemenaXY: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
Why d'you think I meant otherwise? undecided
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: Why d'you think I meant otherwise? undecided

It's because it wasn't the comment I was expecting from you. I've come to associate you with the protection of woman self esteem, honour and dignity. So for that comment, I was taken aback.

I'm of the opinion you're trying to take a snide at those who believe "There is no action without cause".
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by EfemenaXY: 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

It's because it wasn't the comment I was expecting from you. I've come to associate you with the protection of woman self esteem, honour and dignity. So for that comment, I was taken aback.

I'm of the opinion you're trying to take a snide at those who believe "There is no action without cause".

True, but not blindly. This story is incomplete as far as I'm concerned (acknoledged by @poster). So it would be unwise to pass judgement on the spouse in question. Besides, the heading / opening statement suggests it's a joke.

(My opinion).
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by slimyem: 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
coogar:

you mean she should just stroll out of her marriage and leave her beautiful children in the hands of an irresponsible lout with diarrhoea of the mouth? hell no - the man must tell us why he's suddenly fed up of his wife.....and the reasons must be tenable! i hate grown men who cannot control their mouths. the wife should keep going to that kitchen and eat well - fatten up and add more adipose cells to her butt! the fatter she gets the more immovable! if the man is tired, let him pack out of the house.....
i don't mean anything per se...
Your post sounded like you were proferring a solution which in itself is not a solution.
I'm saying the woman probably doesn't mind her husband talking down on her and has accepted it.That explains her just shrugging and strolling off to the kitchen....
She let him...and she's cool with it so i don't see why anyone should be worried about her.
She
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by coogar: 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
slimyem: i don't mean anything per se...
Your post sounded like you were proferring a solution which in itself is not a solution.

i didn't proffer any solution cos there's no real problem here except a big-mouthed husband......a barking dog that cannot bite!

I'm saying the woman probably doesn't mind her husband talking down on her and has accepted it.That explains her just shrugging and strolling off to the kitchen....
She let him...and she's cool with it so i don't see why anyone should be worried about her.

the woman cannot be bothered - she must have known her hubby just opens his mouth for the sake of it! who knows - he must have been drunk when making such a condescending statement about his own wife....
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by drnoel: 8:30am On Nov 04, 2012
chaircover:

She wasnt o! She meant what she said. That she stands up for women doesnt mean that she will see the truth and not say it.

Like I said, unless the man is a lunatic, he wont just wake up one morning and say all that in public and at party.

There is a nollywood part one to this story. The OP just gave us the middle or the end of the movie. One cant really be a good movie critic if one doesn't watch the whole movie smiley

Their crime is washing their dirty linen in public

I also believe there must has been factors in the past the influenced that retort from her husband. But then how can u explain the rumors that the husband has been in company of several different women..
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by EfemenaXY: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2012
@CC, well said.

drnoel:

I also believe there must has been factors in the past the influenced that retort from her husband. But then how can u explain the rumors that the husband has been in company of several different women..

That's the keyword, "rumours", and no, we can't explain it.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2012
A man lashes out and screams at the mother of his kids in public, hmmmm. That she shrugged her shoulders and entered the kitchen should tell a story. He lashes out she keeps quiet. that use to be me.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by drnoel: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
chaircover:

Anyone can start rumors and anyone can get the wrong end of the stick. My sisters and I had an innocent night out of Friday and one guy kept on standing close to our table. Anyone looking in from afar would have thought that we knew the guy and started rumors LOL, yet we didnt know the guy from adam.

You said rumors . . .has anyone caught him with his hand in the cookie jar? if you want to make a case against this man, then you need to have better evidence than rumors.

True talk brother but people carrying the rumors are people that seem to know him
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What is her option? Shrug her shoulders and go back to the kitchen now....abi what else?

Lmao grin, you're hilarious !
Re: Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 19, 2012
drnoel:

True talk brother but people carrying the rumors are people that seem to know him

chaircover is a she just so you know.

Also I don't dwell in rumours until I see that person with my own eyes, or my parents told me, those are the ones I trust most.

unimaginable things goes on behind those ''peachy looking couples '' closed doors!

The fact that the man yelled at the woman at the party ( which is no excuse for him) doesn't make the woman a victim if abuse at all.

@Cooger, who dare slap him... it's his dirty laundry now!

We don't even know if the woman cheated on the man and he's throwing his tantrums everywhere they go undecided

The only instance I've experienced ( not in public ) that the man disgraced a woman by showing her a way out is because she cheated .

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Different Types Of Husband / . / The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.