Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. (2107 Views)

Why Are Nigerians So Funny? / Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Obo8405(m): 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Why are nigerians so tribalistic in everything?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by speeder(m): 12:50am On Nov 04, 2012
sorry to rephrase ur question, WHY ARE IGBO'S AND YORUBA'S DAMN TRIBALISTIC''
the answer is simple, they are loyal to their over lord.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
speeder: sorry to rephrase ur question, WHY ARE IGBO'S AND YORUBA'S DAMN TRIBALISTIC''
the answer is simple, they are loyal to their over lord.

Lol I don't know if it is limited to just those ethnic groups, but I can tell you that Fulani are open to every ethnic group.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by MrsChima(f): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
Liar.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Liar.

shut up half-bred tribeless akata.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by MrsChima(f): 1:12am On Jan 02, 2013
*Kails*:

grin

May your hair get nappy. Hmmpph.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by MrsChima(f): 1:14am On Jan 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Make me byproduct of an Arab rapist.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 2:15am On Jan 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Liar.

I have to side with Pagan on this one, if Fulani were against every ethnic group, then why have a lot of Fulani adopted the language of other ethnic groups like the Yoruba and Hausa? Why do the Fulani always adopt others language/culture above theirs? Why do most Fulani people in NW Nigeria not even speak Fulani anymore and only Hausa? You come across as someone who does not know a thing about Africa, but you just talk for the sake of talking.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 2:52am On Jan 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

Lol I don't know if it is limited to just those ethnic groups, but I can tell you that Fulani are open to every ethnic group.

Yeah open to attempting to mass murder them, when they confront them about trampalling through their farmland with their cattle. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 2:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

I have to side with Pagan on this one, if Fulani were against every ethnic group, then why have a lot of Fulani adopted the language of other ethnic groups like the Yoruba and Hausa? Why do the Fulani always adopt others language/culture above theirs? Why do most Fulani people in NW Nigeria not even speak Fulani anymore and only Hausa? You come across as someone who does not know a thing about Africa, but you just talk for the sake of talking.

Simple. They do so because they are nomads who do not have a land of their own in Naija, instead prefering to pillage their way through other people's lands with their cattle. This obviously would over the centuries lead to them picking up the languages of those who's lands they trespass through and cause havoc in. I'm not even African, so you cant call me tribalistic for stating this, by the way.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 6:06am On Jan 02, 2013
Blyss:

Simple. They do so because they are nomads who do not have a land of their own in Naija, instead prefering to pillage their way through other people's lands with their cattle. This obviously would over the centuries lead to them picking up the languages of those who's lands they trespass through and cause havoc in. I'm not even African, so you cant call me tribalistic for stating this, by the way.

If that was the case, why didn't we force the Hausa to start speaking our language?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Crayola1: 7:36am On Jan 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

If that was the case, why didn't we force the Hausa to start speaking our language?

For the love of God have you forgotten your uncle Dan Fodio last time I checked he was not exactly spreading the good word of the Quran peacefully? grin

So after you kill and maim and take over someone's land you find the kindnesd in your heart to speak the language of the folks you just abused

How thoughtful
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

It's a shame that you lack knowledge in your own history. The Goal was not to force people to become Fulani in essence via forcing them to speak your language and following your basic cultural customs and such, but rather to simply spread the reach of the Islamic faith; a Jihad in where Arabic is the jelling language between people in prayer and scripture. As long as the people committed to the will of "Allah" and acknowledge Muhammad as his messenger, everything else was nonsensical to a Jihadist, as the ultimate goal of the invasion would had been achieved. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Blyss:

It's a shame that you lack knowledge in your own history. The Goal was not to force people to become Fulani in essence via forcing them to speak your language and following your basic cultural customs and such, but rather to simply spread the reach of the Islamic faith; a Jihad in where Arabic is the jelling language between people in prayer and scripture. As long as the people committed to the will of "Allah" and acknowledge Muhammad as his messenger, everything else was nonsensical to a Jihadist, as the ultimate goal of the invasion would had been achieved. wink

Hausa were already Muslim before we defeated them in battle, so I don't know what you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

Hausa were already Muslim before we defeated them in battle, so I don't know what you're talking about.

You're correct, though their belief system was not authentic and hence Fodio's belief in the need for a Jihad. Hausa states were mingling Islam with aspects of the traditional regional religion.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Blyss:

You're correct, though their belief system was not authentic and hence Fodio's belief in the need for a Jihad. Hausa states were mingling Islam with aspects of the traditional regional religion.

They still do, look up the boori cult. Hausa haven't changed much
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

They still do, look up the boori cult. Hausa haven't changed much

Well, it was obvious that in time they'ed revert back to their normal ways. You can lead a mule to the water, but you cant make them drink. MOST people actually blend traditional faith practices with that of their acquired Semitic monotheistic faiths; the Europeans, Africans, Natives of the Americas, Asiatics and more have all done it, it's only natural.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Make me byproduct of an Arab rapist.

wth? are you st.upid? explain yourself or shut up.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
The Fulani did do the attrocious action of bringing pan-islam to us and destroying many of our beliefs. (yes i know that islam existed before, howveer, it cannot be ignored that a multitude of Pagan knowledge was lost during the jihad.)

However, that said, there is 0% enemity against the FULANI ETHNIC GROUP, because it is understandable that isla is enough to drive ANY tribe mad and bloodthirsty for that matter, be it here in Nigeria or in Afghanistan or in Malaysia/Indonesia, etc.

so it is not just a Fulani thing. it is a dan fodio thing. I curse Dan FOdio but i would never curse the Fulani. once i piece together ancient FUlani religion, i will campaign throughout the Sahel.Im sure the practices survived, for e.g., Larengeji festival, etc. .
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
The Fulani did do the attrocious action of bringing pan-islam to us and destroying many of our beliefs. (yes i know that islam existed before, howveer, it cannot be ignored that a multitude of Pagan knowledge was lost during the jihad.)

However, that said, there is 0% enemity against the FULANI ETHNIC GROUP, because it is understandable that isla is enough to drive ANY tribe mad and bloodthirsty for that matter, be it here in Nigeria or in Afghanistan or in Malaysia/Indonesia, etc.

so it is not just a Fulani thing. it is a dan fodio thing. I curse Dan FOdio but i would never curse the Fulani. once i piece together ancient FUlani religion, i will campaign throughout the Sahel.Im sure the practices survived, for e.g., Larengeji festival, etc. .

They'll probably want to slaughter you like a chicken for even mentioning such a desire to them. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Blyss:

They'll probably want to slaughter you like a chicken for even mentioning such a desire to them. cheesy

i know what i am doing.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

i know what i am doing.

Yeah, ok. You're all talk and no action, is what I think.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Blyss:

Yeah, ok. You're all talk and no action, is what I think.

if i was all talk, i would not be here on Nairaland and waste my time here. THis is action also. anyways you will see. .

the xtian missionaries also converted by their mouth and by brainwashing. dont you remember?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by MrsChima(f): 6:33am On Jan 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

wth? are you st.upid? explain yourself or shut up.
Make me tainted breed

Is the monster that spit you out $tupId
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Blyss:

Many Fulani are not even Muslim, majority are, however, there are a good number that aren't
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
Fulaman198:

Many Fulani are not even Muslim, majority are, however, there are a good number that aren't

LOL. A Fulani who isn't Muslim? Yeah, that'll be like finding a needle in a haystack.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 2:05am On Jan 22, 2013
Blyss:

LOL. A Fulani who isn't Muslim? Yeah, that'll be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Go to Gambia, even Guinea and Sierra Leone, there are lots on Facebook
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Blyss: 5:54am On Jan 22, 2013
Fulaman198:

Nope, I'm not going anywhere. You should prove it to me, by posting the evidence. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Fulaman198:

brother where can I find Fuulbe Traditionalists or part-Traditionalists?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by Fulaman198(m): 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

brother where can I find Fuulbe Traditionalists or part-Traditionalists?

Mbororo, and village Fulani/nomadic Fulani of other nations
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
Fulaman198:

Mbororo, and village Fulani/nomadic Fulani of other nations

ah ok you are talking about Bororo. ok good.

I was thinking about any other settled comunities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Year Masquerade Festival In Eziowelle Abambra State. / Ikwa Ozu: The Igbo Perception Of Death / The Mona Lisa Potrait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.