Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland (3151 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 3:48am On Nov 06, 2012
mollie12: plaetton, your level of confusion has passed me oh, I have to leave you to God, seriously!

Academic dons formed part of the people that wrote the Bible. Luke was a historian, Paul was a former Pharisee, one of the OT writers was a scribe - THESE WERE THE INTELLECTUAL PROFESSIONS OF THEIR DAY! I don't know where you got the idea that God hates academics.

WHAT DID YOU SAY CHRIST IS?!? My brother, I beg you, please run FAR AWAY from that deceptive doctrine of the New Age Christ. The Christ you make reference to is an imposter. The REAL Christ is the son of God revealed in the Holy Bible.

The end of intellectualism without God is a deep dark terrible tunnel, though the path trail may look very tempting, whispering its empty promises of superiority and possession of the deepest level of wisdom. Please run away from deception. 'There is no knowledge, or wisdom, or counsel, against the Lord'. Anything that is masquerading as such is simply foolishness. That's all I can say.

I cant stop laughing at the bolded.
You guys really crack me up.

Luke was a historian? Who was luke? Which Luke? When and where did your luke live as a historian? Kind cite his historical works or any references to them. I am quite eager to study them.
What is a pharisee ,and how is a pharisee related to academics? I thought pharisees were members of one of the competing judaic sects of palestine, basically a competing cult. Not so?

One of the Ot writers was a scribe?. What is a scribe and which of your nameless OT writer was a scribe?
For your education, in the ancient days, very very few people learned the priviledge of being able to read and write. A scribe was simply someone who had the priviledge and was often appointed to write what was being dictated, most often by the reigning king.

A scribe was never an independent thinker, but more like an official propagandist.

As for the bolded in blue, what crap are you talking about? New age what?
You are completely clueless.

The concept of the Kristos is older than christianity, even older than Judaism. The concept of the Kristos is something that you may never ave the previledge of knowing, let alone understanding; thanks to your enslavement by the anti-Kristos, the mostrosity called christianity, a monstrosity that betrayed Jesus and his humble teachings.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Kay17: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel:

I think Mollie has made a point.

Allow God fill in the emptiness and void in your lives , it must really hurt when you rant against GOD night and day and he does not even respond , somewhat akin to you and your cohorts beating at the air with no impact whatsoever.

To me, god is nothing. I'm more interested in clearing off the outdated iRrelevant structures and values his followers have placed
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by dvRon: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
For me, I think its sad to think that there may not be acreator dat guides and watches over us. The thought that there is no afterlife is also a sad one. Howevere, I hav have come to accept it as reality. Religion can really make u feel good about life but it doesn't change the fact that there probably is no heven or hell. I find the genesis story about creation very unsatisfactory. I think its mearly a fairytale. I sometimes wish I am able to simply accept Christianity as the answer to everything, but I cannot simply swicth of my curiousity. And there are so many many things that seem to lack reason in religion. For me, this year I took the leap and I don't think I can go back.. Cos sience provides a better, more understandable alternative to understandin the origins of the universe and existence....

I'm not so sure at this point if I can call my self an atheist... But I know I'm agnostic. Even though I stil go to church I don't believe in heaven or hell or after life. There might be a God but I don't think he is anything like its been portrayed by Christianity or other religions.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by PastorAIO: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
plaetton:

The concept of the Kristos is older than christianity, even older than Judaism. The concept of the Kristos is something that you may never ave the previledge of knowing, let alone understanding; thanks to your enslavement by the anti-Kristos, the mostrosity called christianity, a monstrosity that betrayed Jesus and his humble teachings.

This is interesting! Could you explain to us what you understand by Kristos, and anti-Kristos. ( no bashing, just sincere interest).
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yes sir.
This is a very deep subject.
I just made up the word anti-kristos, the equivalent of the anti-christ.
If we discover what the Kristos really means, then it becomes very easy to identify the anti-Kristos.

I owe you a lengthy write up on this much later when I find the time.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Pastor AIO:

http://www.englishfolkchurch.com/Lorehoard/chrestos.htm

Please read the above link page for starters. It encapsulates most of What I intended to write on the subject, plus more.

I will add my own summary later.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by truthislight: 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Kay 17:

To me, god is nothing. I'm more interested in clearing off the outdated iRrelevant structures and values his followers have placed

keep it up,

when you die you will come back to continue.

Your own is easy, your life Style is your problem, instead of changing you are intent in adding fuel as to not be condamed alone.

Well, the in experience keep falling for it?

Since you have been posting in this forum, what fundamental truth do you know that you have given that is beneficial to other human?

All you do is try to lead people along your low ebb of debauchery.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
truthislight:

keep it up,

when you die you will come back to continue.

Your own is easy, your life Style is your problem, instead of changing you are intent in adding fuel as to not be condamed alone.

Well, the in experience keep falling for it?

Since you have been posting in this forum, what fundamental truth do you know that you have given that is beneficial to other human?

All you do is try to lead people along your low ebb of debauchery.

https://www.nairaland.com/1083809/muskeeto-ihedinobi-lb...lets-talk-here

Dont be ignorant
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by truthislight: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

https://www.nairaland.com/1083809/muskeeto-ihedinobi-lb...lets-talk-here

Dont be ignorant

you just posted a whole thread and said i am ignorant.

How does that address my concerns about him?

If you feel that there are fundamental statement he has made that you have come to know why not present it here in black and white let all persons see it and learn from it?

I only know that he throws short short post here and there as a prop for you and others to dance.

I will love to see it to change my perception of him.

As For that thread, i have never opened it befor, today is my first time of opening it,

but that you posted it i opened it in an effort to see his foundatamental truth but could not.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
truthislight:

you just posted a whole thread and said i am ignorant.

How does that address my concerns about him?

If you feel that there are fundamental statement he has made that you have come to know why not present it here in black and white let all persons see it and learn from it?

I only know that he throws short short post here and there as a prop for you and others to dance.

I will love to see it to change my perception of him.

As For that thread, i have never opened it befor, today is my first time of opening it,

but that you posted it i opened it in an effort to see his foundatamental truth but could not.

Sorry, I showed you a thread where people (both atheists and theists) were discussing solutions for Nigeria since you were complaining about telling beneficial truth to make another man's life better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baba Ijebu 2 Sure Number Call 08122809531 / Today Is Holy Mary Day(celestial Church Of Christ) / I Predicted South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks – TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.