Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland (3150 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by UyiIredia(m): 2:08am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Didnt greek mythology also have Zeus as the head of gods?

Ifa worship? I fear you! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes but Zeus wasn't the Creator. It was his father Cronos and his mother Gaia. Why you dey fear. I was cool with Ifa worship. I particularly loved the guinea fowl meat we used to eat after every sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Yes but Zeus wasn't the Creator. It was his father Cronos and his mother Gaia. Why you dey fear. I was cool with Ifa worship. I particularly loved the guinea fowl meat we used to eat after every sacrifice.

Wow, why did you leave Ifa?
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by UyiIredia(m): 2:27am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wow, why did you leave Ifa?

I decided it was too fetish. Besides my late mom also influenced me, she too was beginning to have doubts about the religion.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2012
manmustwac: this is just your own church brain's biased christian point of view about why we ex christians became atheists. Since you can't think outside the box of religionit will be very difficult for you to understand with that big mental block called faith blocking your senses angry

Why did you became an atheist? it's obvious it was for one of the reasons I listed above grin
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 05, 2012
perfect thread. also brah, dont forget these atheists got demons on em grin grin grin you gotta have demons on you to go against the most high. i dont care what anyone says. you gotta be infested by a legion of demons to do that. grin hailings mi compadre en Yah

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2012
obadiah777: perfect thread. also brah, dont forget these atheists got demons on em grin grin grin you gotta have demons on you to go against the most high. i dont care what anyone says. you gotta be infested by a legion of demons to do that. grin hailings mi compadre en Yah

Greetings my brah! they've infested the religion section with their stiff-necked disbelief in God! End times things *Smh*
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2012
seriallink:

Greetings my brah! the've infested the religion section with their stiff-necked disbelief in God! End times things *Smh*
LOL. SCRIPTURE DO SAY 'WHY DO THE HEATHENS RAGE'. they can sense their impending doom so they are raging. prophesys is getting fulfilled all around them but they still wanna hold on to folly. thats strong demonic hold brah http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9654122/Inside-Israels-nuclear-wargames.html <<<< war finna pop off 4 days after American elections. thats this coming weekend.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by mollie12: 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kay 17:

The true god and his true son with that desire and that want. Why isn't he questionable? Why is he a mystery? Why is he beyond reason?

The true God is not unquestionable, a mystery or beyond reason. People wrapped him in that cloak throughout history but He sent his Son to correct that anomaly. The books of Habbakuk and Job in the Bible chronicle the experiences of people that questioned God - and these men were not struck dead for doing so. God is not beyond reason. We human beings all have an innate desire to worship something - its something we cannot deny because we were wired up that way. Some have satisfied this desire with the worship of knowledge, material things, intellect and even self. But the God phenomenon cannot be reasoned away - even though its hard to wrap our minds around it, it is part of us anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by mollie12: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
plaetton:

First, I did not say the three books made me an atheist. I am convinced that I was born an atheist, to question things, especially something as important as religious beliefs.
The books led me to the realization and full acceptance of a reality that I had been running away from, even while persuing same.
The books did not reveal anything entirely new, but just helped to point out realities that I had ignored, even though they had been in plain sight all along my journey.

And from whom would you prefer to gain knowledge or useful information , some academic dons, or from stone-age cave dwellers, tent dwellers and sheep herders of the middle east? You are entitled to your choice.

I have long created my own god, an evolving god. I created it , so I set the rules, boundaries and control it. It has no choice but to evolve with my mind.

As for praying to the holy spirit, do you mean to say that I had been dialing the wrong number all this time?

Err... guy, I didn't get my knowledge from stone-age (huh?!) cave dwellers etc. God inspired several men to write the bible, MAJORITY of which were learned and didn't fall into any of the primitive categories you listed. And even if they did, they were inspired of God.

Your god evolves? Okay, aren't you bothered it could someday evolve into Hitler or something spooky?

On your last point, I really don't know. But there's a good chance. Like I said before, it is strongly advisable that you take another good look at Christ before you conclude.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12:

The true God is not unquestionable, a mystery or beyond reason. People wrapped him in that cloak throughout history but He sent his Son to correct that anomaly. The books of Habbakuk and Job in the Bible chronicle the experiences of people that questioned God - and these men were not struck dead for doing so. God is not beyond reason. We human beings all have an innate desire to worship something - its something we cannot deny because we were wired up that way. Some have satisfied this desire with the worship of knowledge, material things, intellect and even self. But the God phenomenon cannot be reasoned away - even though its hard to wrap our minds around it, it is part of us anyway.

Yes, we have an innate desire to make sense of our existence and understand our place in the universe.

Therefore, this so-called innate desire to worship something is nothing but an innate desire for understanding, an innate desire for self-validation.

Creating a god to cap that desire is instinctive. that is why god is omni this and omni that. that omniness seem to offer safety and assurance by filling all the gaps in a mysterious and little understood universe.

So, long before we formulated a coherent system of observation, experimentation and analysis as the means of understanding the universe, the humans of far antiquity opted for a simplified way of viewing existence and the universe.
They answered the questions of existence by creating a creator, a supreme being imbued with our highest ideals and characteristics.

The belief in God is simply a filling of a knowledge gap.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Kay17: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12:

Christianity has fatal flaws by claiming a perfect creator with a broken will and creation. The necessity of Jesus is weakness of the god. The need for a saviour diminishes the almighty.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12:

Err... guy, I didn't get my knowledge from stone-age (huh?!) cave dwellers etc. God inspired several men to write the bible, MAJORITY of which were learned and didn't fall into any of the primitive categories you listed. And even if they did, they were inspired of God.

Your god evolves? Okay, aren't you bothered it could someday evolve into Hitler or something spooky?

On your last point, I really don't know. But there's a good chance. Like I said before, it is strongly advisable that you take another good look at Christ before you conclude.

An what makes you think that the books I quoted, written by academic dons, were not inspired by this god?
So God inspires stone-aged cave dwellers,tent dwellers and sheep herders, but does not inspire, and perhaps hates, Ivy league dons, jesuit priests and reknowed journalists?

If you prefer to know the mysteries of existence through the minds of stone-aged sheep herders,well, good luck to you.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Kay17: 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12:

The ultimate authority of Christianity rests on you. The Bible's justification is found in your unfounded belief that its inspired by god
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
that's all these atheists do, it's getting boring and stale these days , they whine all day long about God and Christianity as if this will add any value to their lives.

How utterly weird to spend so much time on the unreal !

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Callotti: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
What a funny thread! grin
I refuse to put mouth! cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12:

And how did christ come in to this picture. I thought we were talking about god.
Do you know what christ is? I am very very sure you do not.

And by the way, I did find Jesus too, and when I looked harder, I also found the Christ.
So I am somewhat satisfied, I have found god, found Jesus and found the Christ.

Thats why I became an atheist, a pantheistic atheist.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
obadiah777: LOL. SCRIPTURE DO SAY 'WHY DO THE HEATHENS RAGE'. they can sense their impending doom so they are raging. prophesys is getting fulfilled all around them but they still wanna hold on to folly. thats strong demonic hold brah

It is a real strong hold of demonic proporitions , and what makes it even more funny is that the same demons who are leading them astray believe in ONE GOD, how strange grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
plaetton:

Thats why I became an atheist, a pantheistic atheist.

I go die ooooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by plaetton: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel:

I go die ooooo grin grin grin

Yes o.
There is no contradiction there.
But One of the benefits of not being beholden to a god is that one does not fear any contradiction.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by mollie12: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
plaetton, your level of confusion has passed me oh, I have to leave you to God, seriously!

Academic dons formed part of the people that wrote the Bible. Luke was a historian, Paul was a former Pharisee, one of the OT writers was a scribe - THESE WERE THE INTELLECTUAL PROFESSIONS OF THEIR DAY! I don't know where you got the idea that God hates academics.

WHAT DID YOU SAY CHRIST IS?!? My brother, I beg you, please run FAR AWAY from that deceptive doctrine of the New Age Christ. The Christ you make reference to is an imposter. The REAL Christ is the son of God revealed in the Holy Bible.

The end of intellectualism without God is a deep dark terrible tunnel, though the path trail may look very tempting, whispering its empty promises of superiority and possession of the deepest level of wisdom. Please run away from deception. 'There is no knowledge, or wisdom, or counsel, against the Lord'. Anything that is masquerading as such is simply foolishness. That's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel:

It is a real strong hold of demonic proporitions , and what makes it even more funny is that the same demons who are leading them astray believe in ONE GOD, how strange grin

The devil is very crafty! *Smh*

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
Callotti: What a funny thread! grin
I refuse to put mouth! cheesy

*Smh* We dey pray make God touch una hearts oh! Y'all need Jesus!
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Kay17: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12: plaetton, your level of confusion has passed me oh, I have to leave you to God, seriously!

Academic dons formed part of the people that wrote the Bible. Luke was a historian, Paul was a former Pharisee, one of the OT writers was a scribe - THESE WERE THE INTELLECTUAL PROFESSIONS OF THEIR DAY! I don't know where you got the idea that God hates academics.

WHAT DID YOU SAY CHRIST IS?!? My brother, I beg you, please run FAR AWAY from that deceptive doctrine of the New Age Christ. The Christ you make reference to is an imposter. The REAL Christ is the son of God revealed in the Holy Bible.

The end of intellectualism without God is a deep dark terrible tunnel, though the path trail may look very tempting, whispering its empty promises of superiority and possession of the deepest level of wisdom. Please run away from deception. 'There is no knowledge, or wisdom, or counsel, against the Lord'. Anything that is masquerading as such is simply foolishness. That's all I can say.

Yet Christianity hasn't been able to have such an intellectual impact/force. It comes across as ill prepared, poorly conceived and stupi.d. (Not saying Christians are stupid). It seems to rest on superstition and unjustifiable assumptions.

@frosbel

Demons contradict and defy the almighty, yet they are free from his Will.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
mollie12: plaetton, your level of confusion has passed me oh, I have to leave you to God, seriously!

Thank you sister Mollie!

The bolded is why so many christians are being led astray today. False teachers & doctrines; all these are end time prophecies!

Scripture says:

1Timothy 4:1-3 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron 3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth

2Corinthians 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Kay17: 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Who is the false prophet?! The loyal opposition??
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by truthislight: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kay 17: Also one can choose to bash a religion or not

why not open your own thread and do bashing instead of suggesting this on some ones else thread that he had expressly said "no bashing" ?

*sigh*
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by truthislight: 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kay 17:

The true god and his true son with that desire and that want. Why isn't he questionable? Why is he a mystery? Why is he beyond reason?

look at this one that cannot add a second to his life span claiming and aski circular question?
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

actually there are various interpretations to this. one of them is that Chronos, a.k.a time, is independant of both material and the spiritual world. even the Gods dey fear time because time goes forever forward. CHronos giving birth to Zeus might symbolically mean that even Creation was contained by time, i.e, time preceeded creation. There is similar hypothesis in Hinduism where the great epics begin with the mention and respects paid to eternal forever ongoing time.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I decided it was too fetish. Besides my late mom also influenced me, she too was beginning to have doubts about the religion.

too fetish you meant too ritualistic how is that an excuse ive always found rituals a meaningful and purpose-filled activity. rituls instill me with a sense of capability and ability to be closer with spirituality.
Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by truthislight: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2012

so rational you are.

Keep it up,

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kay 17:

Yet Christianity hasn't been able to have such an intellectual impact/force. It comes across as ill prepared, poorly conceived and stupi.d. (Not saying Christians are stupid). It seems to rest on superstition and unjustifiable assumptions.

@frosbel

Demons contradict and defy the almighty, yet they are free from his Will.

I think Mollie has made a point.

Allow God fill in the emptiness and void in your lives , it must really hurt when you rant against GOD night and day and he does not even respond , somewhat akin to you and your cohorts beating at the air with no impact whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel:

I think Mollie has made a point.

Allow God fill in the emptiness and void in your lives , it must really hurt when you rant against GOD night and day and he does not even respond , somewhat akin to you and your cohorts beating at the air with no impact whatsoever.

lol.....we dont believe in god and so we dont expect anything from him.

Now, it must be painful for you to cry and fast but 99% of your prayers aint answered.

#Butthurt christiand and useless Yaweh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religious Denotation You Failed To Notice On Disney's Moana. / What Would U Do If Tomorrow Was The End Of The World? / Why Do Christians Lack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.