Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) (9312 Views)

D0pe: The Case -jesse Jagz Ft. SDC (too Many Punches; The Beat Got Knock Out!) / Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman / Watch And Download Dagrin's If I Die Video Featuring Styles P, Nasty Jay & SDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
REALITY101: The beginning = wack when dude was forcing his arss to sound like 50cent. . . But the girl's voice is amazing
I wonder oo.
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ikamenze:

Wen a person condescend to d level of insults,it shows dat dat person has already conceded defeat....
I won dis one slowpoke.....go listen to some real music okay....
what did you win? You ended up showing your ignorant ärse.
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Ikamenze(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44:

Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Ikamenze(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44:

Nah mehn...you did dat..
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by azimibraun: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wait o! I tot dis ws going 2 throw folks back in2 d Aluu 4 painfull and unforgetable murder bt wt I jst discoverd is dt d Uniport Aluu murder hs faded in d mind of most ppl..so mch dt a very related song title lk dis cldnt mk us ask questions abt d outcome of d arrest made by d police in respect of d killed luvly boys.. Haba naija!
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by 2rez: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Watz tha feud about? Can some one btw u guyz volunteer to act mature n stop dissin over nothin plz Guez u guyz aint kidz n if odawise, y nawt jux pretend n act like adultz n stop tha feud. Smh!
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Ikamenze(m): 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
BeraBera: Is Heart of The City not the track sang by Ugonna and Lyod of Aluu4? Or am I wrong?
It is but dey just remixed it (so did MI)
D original song belongs to Jay Z....
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by mafiacent(m): 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Download Video Here
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
2rez: Watz tha feud about? Can some one btw u guyz volunteer to act mature n stop dissin over nothin plz Guez u guyz aint kidz n if odawise, y nawt jux pretend n act like adultz n stop tha feud. Smh!
okay its over already
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by olagamalin(m): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44: See this one oo. How many mixtapes have you bought? Compare it to the number of albums you have bought.
How many copies of Malcolm IX did mode 9 move and how many copies of his album did he move
Guy, here can I get 2 buy a mixtape, mmmsheww----Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by olagamalin(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
What market? MI 2 was a commercial flop
Guy, here are yu from??, - His second album, MI2: The Movie, is the highest
selling album on the most popular musical
Nigerian website
- In the week of the second album release,
November 2010, MI was number 7 trending topic
globally on Twitter.

I mean, here do you guys germinate all these unnecessary hating...it beats really! Just when one thinks he has heard the most appallin assessment, you just swing back another ridiculous gibberish.
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by olagamalin(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44: See fööls displaying their ignorance. Did I asked if you bought MI's mixtapes?
Or are y'all too blind to see Malcolm IX by mode 9 there?
Or will anyone of you idiots say you downloaded Malcolm IX?
I can't believe so many people have reading issues on one single thread. What a herd of idîots
cretin failing woefully 2 covers his messy path
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by olagamalin(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
he sold a million copies so? "Thy album cometh" by ruggedman still remains the highest selling rap album in Nigeria today and a lot of people still call it poo. How many albums did Ruggedman win with that?

Your problem is that you start listening to music last week and you jump to the first music you hear and call it the best. FYI "safe" still remains MI's best track and the "somebody wants to die" so STFU
Dude tryna force his lousy opinion down peoples throat...I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my Bottom.
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
olagamalin: Guy, here can I get 2 buy a mixtape, mmmsheww----Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?
have you considered hanging yourself? What is a mixtape?
When you go to a night club and you go to the DJ to give you a copy of his mixes what do you call that?

Did Mode 9 not release 2 mixtapes and sell them on the market just like a normal album?

Even outside Nigeria, Fat man scoop made mixtapes in his early days and sold them

if you are too silly not to be able to think, its your problem,.

And where the fûck in my post did you see me say MI sold his mixtape? I mention Mode 9 and just cos you don't know that Malcolm IX exist is not my problem
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
olagamalin: Guy, here are yu from??, - His second album, MI2: The Movie, is the highest
selling album on the most popular musical
Nigerian website
- In the week of the second album release,
November 2010, MI was number 7 trending topic
globally on Twitter.

I mean, here do you guys germinate all these unnecessary hating...it beats really! Just when one thinks he has heard the most appallin assessment, you just swing back another ridiculous gibberish.
Ode. He sold so much the album was so good and yet he could not outsell "thy album come" by ruggedman who did not even have online sales when it came out.

Do you even read the poo you type before posting it?
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
olagamalin: cretin failing woefully 2 covers his messy path
Answer the questions.

Are those not mixtapes? Were they not sold? Ignorance
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
olagamalin: Dude tryna force his lousy opinion down peoples throat...I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my Bottom.
You need to go back to school and learn comprehension
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Ignatio(m): 12:00am On Nov 06, 2012
Mynd_44 admit it you don't like MI simple.
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 12:08am On Nov 06, 2012
Ignatio: Mynd_44 admit it you don't like MI simple.
I like him. He is one of my best three rappers in Nigeria and I don't have them in any particular order.

I just feel he needs to do more work on his albums cos the mixtapes does not get him any money. Some of the tracks on his mixtape should be on his album.

Hell there are some songs on that album I did not listen to more than one while I have almost all the tracks on his mixtape on my playlist. I get that he does not want to be too "hardcore" but he should just try to find a mid-point
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by franklampard082(m): 3:10am On Nov 06, 2012
Mynd_44: See this one oo. How many mixtapes have you bought? Compare it to the number of albums you have bought.
How many copies of Malcolm IX did mode 9 move and how many copies of his album did he move

All those mixtapes were sold at a period when Nigerians didn't really have good access to d internet and probably were more ignorant. Mixtapes are free cuz most artists sample songs and beats previously used by other artists. if u sample another artist's songs and sell it without his consent, then be prepared for a law suit. M.I is d only rapper that I can say got Nigerians listening to rap music. Mode 9 might be a better lyricist but his "Pentium IX" mixtape really took him off my list of rappers. As a hardcore rapper in Nigeria, u can never sell so that's why M.I went all commercial on MI2 and did a really good job as well. IM1 and IM2 were released for real rap heads like I and I more than appreciate them. Long live good music, long live @MI_Abaga . He is really d best rapper in naija. Unless u know of any other rapper that actually did real rap and sold well. Ice prince isn't exactly a rapper. Stringing up rhymes doesn't make one a rapper. Ruggedman went commercial to sell so did ice prince. Nigeria is not a rap nation ( yet ). Most commercial artists were once rappers but had to change styles to make ends meet e.g bracket, sound sultan, P-square, etc. So just don't call anyone a "sellout". Man must wack
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by franklampard082(m): 3:12am On Nov 06, 2012

All those mixtapes were sold at a period when Nigerians didn't really have good access to d internet and probably were more ignorant. Mixtapes are free cuz most artists sample songs and beats previously used by other artists. if u sample another artist's songs and sell it without his consent, then be prepared for a law suit. M.I is d only rapper that I can say got Nigerians listening to rap music. Mode 9 might be a better lyricist but his "Pentium IX" mixtape really took him off my list of rappers. As a hardcore rapper in Nigeria, u can never sell so that's why M.I went all commercial on MI2 and did a really good job as well. IM1 and IM2 were released for real rap heads like I and I more than appreciate them. Long live good music, long live @MI_Abaga . He is really d best rapper in naija. Unless u know of any other rapper that actually did real rap and sold well. Ice prince isn't exactly a rapper. Stringing up rhymes doesn't make one a rapper. Ruggedman went commercial to sell so did ice prince. Nigeria is not a rap nation ( yet ). Most commercial artists were once rappers but had to change styles to make ends meet e.g bracket, sound sultan, P-square, etc. So just don't call anyone a "sellout". Man must wack
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by RickyRoss1(m): 5:38am On Nov 06, 2012
franklampard082:

Good assessment, good analysis. Thumbs up man...

As for Mynd_44, pls cut the crap, you cant be attacking everyone because of a mere mixtape. MI is the best Nigerian rapper and most Nigerians can confirm this. Its ok if you hate him for your own personal reasons but stop fighting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by amblors(m): 6:30am On Nov 06, 2012
I think we should rename this thread : Mixtapes vs Albums or sth.
Just appreciate the music that's Heart of the city y'all
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 6:58am On Nov 06, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Good assessment, good analysis. Thumbs up man...

As for Mynd_44, pls cut the crap, you cant be attacking everyone because of a mere mixtape. MI is the best Nigerian rapper and most Nigerians can confirm this. Its ok if you hate him for your own personal reasons but stop fighting.
fighting everybody? When I make a simple comment and they turned to insult cos they can't comprehend English how come you did not talk? Can we please stop the whole thing about rappers going commercial?

MI's album which he sells cannot be called hardcore can they? Except we wanna lie. Every rappers has to make sacrifices so as not to end up like overdose. Even outside Nigeria, a lot of rappers "sellout" it is noting to be worried about.
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2012
It's the same. Listen, to the Chorus again. They used the Aluu-4 lines.
If they were still alive, they can take them on - That's unfair
If, its a tribute to them, then he should clarify.
Our musician need to be more original.

...Just Listened to the Aluu-4 song again.

bolayei: its the heart of the city still. Aint no luv in the heart of the city
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by olagamalin(m): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
Ode. He sold so much the album was so good and yet he could not outsell "thy album come" by ruggedman who did not even have online sales when it came out.

Do you even read the poo you type before posting it?
Cretin, you really want to pass your point across, but you are having problems accepting others, with the way you are blabbin ruggedman, one would be forced to think he's a good rapper..your mind is like a steel trap - always closed!!!...(yet quickly covered his prejudice with a lame effort of proclaiming M.I iz top 3 rappers, who send you)
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by olagamalin(m): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2012
Ignatio: Mynd_44 admit it you don't like MI simple.
Exactly, Res Ipsa Loquitur...I dunno cos he's yet 2 provide any veritable stat as to d supposed record sales of "Thy kingdom come"...just checked his idol "ruggedy" on wikipedia, all I can say is well well,
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Ayorh4you(m): 9:10am On Nov 06, 2012
Ikamenze:

See dats how u people go online n talk RUBBISH.....lemme educate u since u obviously don't know a damn thing about Naija music.

First of all MI2 (his second album) dat he "sounds like a baby'' won d best Rap album last year in d Headies (say wot u want but dats our equivalent to d grammies) .....He actually won 3 awards dat day.

MI2 was released d same week Nicki's Pink Friday n Kanye's Dark Twisted Fantasy albums were released and NONE,I repeat NONE of dem trended worldwide on twitter except MI2...

Dude sold One million of dat "baby album'' in d East alone n if u add pirated copies,he probably sold ova 5million copies Nationwide.

Dat same Baby album happens to be the best selling album in notjustok (our equivalent of itunes) till date...d only person dat came close is Wizkid's Superstarr album (2nd place)..

As for mixtapes...

illegal Music 2 happens to be d most downloaded mixtape of d year.....ask anybody.

D day he released his mixtape was same day he launched his website....d plan was dat he would release d mixtape online exclusively in his website miabaga.com but just 2 hrs afta d mixtape was released,d site CRASHED.....dats how much traffic it got..The mixtape was lata distributed via various platforms online..

It is b best mixtape I've ever downloaded in my entire life.....yh dats right,my entire life.

So b4 u start typing poo....do a little research okay slowpoke.

dnt mind d 'araoko'. Village champ lyk him
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by sucess001(m): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2012
cant say am the best rap fan dere...buh i know one or two tins...

first...i never used to like MI...in fact...i hated him cos of the hype surroundin him...ruggedy used to be my best rapper...

buh...listenin to MI...u reaslise some strong points....first...he is able to maintain the rap tradition while still maintainin nigerian street credibility...

second...his 'flexibility' to rap with other genres of music is unparalled...

u need to listen to his verses in tuface's 'i wanna be there' or Djinee's overkilling it to appreciate the skill of this young man...

i ve listened to rick ross, drake et al and i can tell u that if MI were to be american...he ll be mentioned in same breath with Eminem( who i consider the best rapper of all time)...

lets not hate...MI is quality...even dbanj said he told kanye MI wud murder the rappers in the US...i share his view...

and to say he aint gud cos of one or two bad songs aint fair...all musicains have one or two songs dt didnt sell...so back off...i respect MI now..and dts coming from a former hater..d guy rocks!
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Ayorh4you(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
mixtapes are not sold? See this föol who is claiming to know music oo.
Malcolm IX by mode 9 is an album right.
"The Definition" by Dj Jimmy Jatt is an album?
"African American" by Sauce Kid is an album?

Were they not sold in the market. Oh I get it, you did not but those ones and you come here to talk about music when you have not idea of what I am talking about ode

I dnt argue with f.o.o.!.s lyk u
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2012
olagamalin: Cretin, you really want to pass your point across, but you are having problems accepting others, with the way you are blabbin ruggedman, one would be forced to think he's a good rapper..your mind is like a steel trap - always closed!!!...(yet quickly covered his prejudice with a lame effort of proclaiming M.I iz top 3 rappers, who send you)
It is obvious you are the steel trap. Don't you understand English? Did I say MI was not good?

Ode. I said he sounded like a baby on his album and you start running you fingers

and please go look up the meaning of creating before you start throwing it around.

YOU ARE NOT SAGAMITE
Re: MI Abaga – Heart Of The City Ft SDC, Ruby (Video) by Mynd44: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2012
olagamalin: Exactly, Res Ipsa Loquitur...I dunno cos he's yet 2 provide any veritable stat as to d supposed record sales of "Thy kingdom come"...just checked his idol "ruggedy" on wikipedia, all I can say is well well,
Why not take a trip to alaba and ask them möron

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Do I Download Nija Songs / DOWNLOAD Wizkid Ft. Drake -come Close / Brand New Single From The Best In High Life Music Flavour N'abania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.