Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. (4172 Views)

"Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / Infinix On GSM Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by fatdon2(m): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Abuja – The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) is set to reduce the number of adverts and promotions which telephone service providers send to subscribers to enable them to improve on service delivery.

Minister of Communications and Technology, Mrs. Omobola Johnson, made this known in Abuja on Sunday when she fielded questions at an organised forum.

She told reporters that the promotions carried out by the operators affected the quality of service provided because when they embarked on promos, the number of subscribers on the networks increases and there’s pressure on the network.

The minister who admitted that GSM service delivery had been poor in recent times, said because of the growth of the sector, operators had been facing demand challenge.

She said the advertisements and promotions on telephones did not necessarily worsen service delivery, but that natural and man-made disasters that befell the country in the past few months also contributed.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/ncc-to-curtail-number-of-promos-on-gsm-networks-minister/

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by SamMilla1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Seriously, i think this commission should be scraped or merged with something functional.
They keep nibbling on useless issues all the time.

-NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills
-NCC to stop adverts from network providers. Blablablablabla.

4 Likes

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by werepeLeri: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2012
Sam Milla: Seriously, i think this commission should be scraped or merged with something functional.
They keep nibbling on useless issues all the time.

-NCC Orders Telcom Firms To Give Subscribers Instant Call Bills
-NCC to stop adverts from network providers. Blablablablabla.

SMH. So who will moderate the providers?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Eneze1(f): 8:35am On Nov 05, 2012
we have been hearing this for long words without action
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by SamMilla1(m): 8:35am On Nov 05, 2012
werepeLeri:

SMH. So who will moderate the providers?

There must be a ministry responsible for that. Right?
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2012
Ncc park well jor. Useless commission with dim or no vision.
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by optimistD(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2012
so this free credit and the low call rate dey pain una now abi? where were you guys when they were charging us exuabitant rate?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by eros(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
They said the same thing last year. angry angry angry
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by DJDOLA(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
Them won use style for us make we vote again abi after dem don ban okada for lagos make me vote for them make dem con go band dj work..mtcheewwww
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Damitism: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2012
Please, concentrate your effort on MTN (empty hen). Airtel, etisalat and glo don't have much problems!
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by slap1(m): 9:04am On Nov 05, 2012
NCC should wait, abeg. I want to win MTN's aeroplane.

4 Likes

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2012
It's in Nigeria you have the highest number of fake promos.
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Sleek05(f): 9:08am On Nov 05, 2012
I'm in full support o...airtel sends abt 8 different messages evryday. Every minute, ur fone signals nd u discover dat its from zain, everyday! If its not a become a millionaire promo, it is a subscribe to sumthn promo because 'country hard'....sumtyms dey even cal wit normal numbers and u run 2 pick ur call only 2 discover its a recorded voice advertisin sum promo frm airtel. Dey r so in ur face and it can be very annoyin so thumbs up 2 NCC.

5 Likes

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by LeStylo: 9:10am On Nov 05, 2012
One would think they should caution them on bogus lotteries in the name of promo too!!!
So much for a regulatory commission! angry
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by boyprodigy(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2012
Ncc,abeg chill.some of d awuf make sense.it's good 2 see telecommunication companies fighting 4 ur attention.
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Dopefiend(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2012
Comme NCC mk una get brain o. As far as I'm concerned, nobody is complainin. Promos = competition = happy subscribers, cos dey wil be tryin to outdo each oda. Whteva u guys do, jst leave d X5 bonus nd double recharge promo.
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2012
it seems our service providers are no longer settling NCC like they used to . . So i'm guessing NCC wants to reduce the number of promos so they can channel the money into their pockets. . .na wa for national criminal commission(NCC)
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by goodnice: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2012
Meee to
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by jubrealar(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2012
fatdon2: Abuja – The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) is set to reduce the number of adverts and promotions which telephone service providers send to subscribers to enable them to improve on service delivery.

Minister of Communications and Technology, Mrs. Omobola Johnson, made this known in Abuja on Sunday when she fielded questions at an organised forum.

She told reporters that the promotions carried out by the operators affected the quality of service provided because when they embarked on promos, the number of subscribers on the networks increases and there’s pressure on the network.

The minister who admitted that GSM service delivery had been poor in recent times, said because of the growth of the sector, operators had been facing demand challenge.

She said the advertisements and promotions on telephones did not necessarily worsen service delivery, but that natural and man-made disasters that befell the country in the past few months also contributed.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/ncc-to-curtail-number-of-promos-on-gsm-networks-minister/
NCC should just try and find a way in giving us value for our money, imagine i subscribe for airtel 1week BIS i use am for 2days dem con tell me say my data haff been xhausted which kind play be dat 1, on top dis one wey country hard so! NCC carry on jor.
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Realestdude: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2012
Sleek05: I'm in full support o...airtel sends abt 8 different messages evryday. Every minute, ur fone signals nd u discover dat its from zain, everyday! If its not a become a millionaire promo, it is a subscribe to sumthn promo because 'country hard'....sumtyms dey even cal wit normal numbers and u run 2 pick ur call only 2 discover its a recorded voice advertisin sum promo frm airtel. Dey r so in ur face and it can be very annoyin so thumbs up 2 NCC.

glo does this too & its really annoying angry
Sleek05: I'm in full support o...airtel sends abt 8 different messages evryday. Every minute, ur fone signals nd u discover dat its from zain, everyday! If its not a become a millionaire promo, it is a subscribe to sumthn promo because 'country hard'....sumtyms dey even cal wit normal numbers and u run 2 pick ur call only 2 discover its a recorded voice advertisin sum promo frm airtel. Dey r so in ur face and it can be very annoyin so thumbs up 2 NCC.

glo does this too & its really annoying
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by docjuli(m): 10:31am On Nov 05, 2012
NCC, please where is the money you collected from these telcos early this year as fine?
Shouldn't it be for the subscribers?
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by maskid(m): 10:34am On Nov 05, 2012
smh. leaving post
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Ocutegan(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2012
Have anybody seen this etisalat advert with Saka giving new and old subscribers their befiting benefits and Osofia, though still dressed with a yellow cap,a bling nd sorts but disguised with a goat in hard, coming to queue for a bonus too.lol. Etisalat really beefin MTN but me love them die
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Ebukabauer(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2012
grin
slap1: NCC should wait, abeg. I want to win MTN's aeroplane.

mehn i dy tel u, na only for naija u go use 200 win aeroplane! grin
slap1: NCC should wait, abeg. I want to win MTN's aeroplane.

mehn i dy tel u, na only for naija u go use 200 win aeroplane!
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by bank2k4real(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2012
Damitism: Please, concentrate your effort on MTN (empty hen). Airtel, etisalat and glo don't have much problems!

Empty hen....win a planet sorry plane promo.....till today who don win....abeg tell me....
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by DarkFive: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
Dopefiend: Comme NCC mk una get brain o. As far as I'm concerned, nobody is complainin. Promos = competition = happy subscribers, cos dey wil be tryin to outdo each oda. Whteva u guys do, jst leave d X5 bonus nd double recharge promo.

Na MTN be DAT OOoooooo!!!
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by sunkoye: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
I see most of these telcoms promos as "See Finish" angry
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by DarkFive: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
bank2k4real:

Empty hen....win a planet sorry plane promo.....till today who don win....abeg tell me....

Stop doubting its not a bogus promo....I bet my life some1 would soon win
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by Onyiip(f): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
really there should be a check on their excesses. How can these network service providers keep doing this? Win an airplane, luxury bus, millions of cash? Haba! If they've made so much profits then declare your profit, plough it back into the business, improve ur services, create more jobs not on contract but full time basis or diversify. Every good businessman knows that when he makes huge, excess or exceptional returns then there is need to diversify. Never ignore the law of diminishing returns

1 Like

Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by BrutusOj(m): 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
optimist D: so this free credit and the low call rate dey pain una now abi? where were you guys when they were charging us exuabitant rate?
U sounds like u didn't read d thread or ur not using GSM.The woman is vry corect,de shud give us quality service not all dis #100 or 3MB promo.Recently MTN started one in wch u gets 500 or 600 bonus for spending #100 or #120,my personal observation is dat,each time dey givs me d bonus,my calls wu start droping n displaying error in network connection til d folowing day n starts again once I recive d bonus.Is it not beta I makes call at will dan recives bonus n can't call wen I want?Now etisalat has started one of *156*1*pin#,since monrning,I ve been tryin to give it a trial n it's not loading,I gaze de wunt allow me to enjoy my calls once it works out.Quality ist not quantity..
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by luluosas(m): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
marshpearl: it seems our service providers are no longer settling NCC like they used to . . So i'm guessing NCC wants to reduce the number of promos so they can channel the money into their pockets. . .na wa for national criminal commission(NCC)
NCC have always been benefiting from these telcos thereby looking the other way when they flop. Imaging a company promising a whole country and another promising aeroplane to their HUNGRY subscribers and yet, NCC couldn't do anything.
Re: NCC To Curtail Number Of Promos On GSM Networks – Minister. by luluosas(m): 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Dark Five:

Stop doubting its not a bogus promo....I bet my life some1 would soon win
Are you kidding? OK. Let's say you, Dark Five win the aeroplane, shebi you get money to fuel it and money to pay FAAN for parking. In fact, MTN should be kick out of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pablo Escobar Fold 1 Is The Cheapest, Unbreakable Foldable Phone At $349 / Change Infinix Hot 3 Imei Without Rooting / Awoof Don Land: 9 Mobile Special Data ₦200 For 1 GB & ₦1000 For 5 GB - See Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.