Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna (10199 Views)

Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna / Commercial Driver Suffers Epilepsy On Wheel, Kills Pedestrian In Kaduna / Nigeria Continues To Battle Ebola While Chikungunya Virus Breaks Out In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by abubaka101: 4:43am On Nov 05, 2012
The Kaduna state government, on Saturday, express concern on the reported outbreak of a rice disease, known as Rice Blast, in some parts of the state.

Kaduna Agricultural Development Project (KADP) officials are already expressing fear that the infection, caused by bacteria, would negatively affect the annual projected rice yields.

A KADP official told the News Agency of Nigeria in Kaduna, that the outbreak has been reported in Birnin-Gwari and Maigana farming zones of the state.

The KADP official said that extension service workers have been deployed to the areas, to take samples for laboratory analysis, to ascertain the extent of the outbreak and the total areas affected.

The official also said the outbreak in addition to the flood may likely affect the projected rice yield of the state during the current harvest.

Information about the Rice Blast Disease
Rice blast is a debilitating disease which affects all the rice growing regions of the world, causing loses up to 30% of global rice harvest.

The sympton of the disease include lesion on all parts of the plant, including the leaves, leaf collar and seed.

NAN reports that the affected areas are Birnin-Gwari, Giwa, Kaduna North, Kaduna South, Chikun, Kubau and Kudan local government areas.

Other areas are Zaria, Ikari, Sabon Gari, Mikarfi and Soba local government areas.

http://abubaka./2012/11/05/talk-of-nigeria-outbreak-of-rice-disease-in-some-parts-of-kaduna/
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Super1759: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
the last time I checked, price of garri was high, beans is a big man's food now naa. And now rice don get disease. What's the alternative abeg?

1 Like

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by yungdamaz(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Dis is catastrophic 4 nigeria o...wer we go c ryc chop na:-x
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by uchechuwku: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Super1759: the last time I checked, price of garri was high, beans is a big man's food now naa. And now rice don get disease. What's the alternative abeg?

Then we start lizards pepper soup.... Yu know lizards abound all over the country

2 Likes

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by NDSMART(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
Atleast, this would affect both the rich and poor... Something must be done about it..But wait oo. every wahala in NORTH now is blast..RICE BLAST...Fear dey fear me ooo grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by chucky234(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Are they referring to the locally cultivated rice in the north or the long grain rice imported from Thailand/India,they should be specific for us to know what to avoid and what not to.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Trulie(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
The decadence in the educational system is beginin to ripple on other sectors of the economy esp. the agric sector..its high time govt look into pertinent issues like extensive fundinq of research nd developmnt in our higher institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Kx: 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
I thought the govt was encouraging the masses to go local.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
it was Meat poisoning in Enugu few weeks ago now in Kaduna Rice.
Who knows the next state and the disease.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Chilzysmiler: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
O' Naija 1 day 1 wahala. Now no be bomb blast again, na rice blast, very soon we go get fish & meat blast
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by ceejay80s(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wetin we go chop dis xmas? thank God supergetti dey

2 Likes

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Kslib(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ahaaann..haba... With the way things are going,i will stick to only garr! For one week. Let me see the result..
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Kewt: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
I wonder how this will affect anyone except the very poor villagers who eat locally produced rice.

In Nigeria today, average and low income families all eat foreign rice.

Abeg Kaduna state Govt, develop another tactics to take collect money from federal govt.. This ain't working!

1 Like

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Khayordhe: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hunger don dey knock door o....

Anyway,kunu nd garri dey on ground
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Trulie(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kx: I thought the govt was encouraging the masses to go local.
hmm! All those thinqs are what they say when they want to guy us into scorinq cheap political points.
Talkinq of the local rice. Its so 'local' to my taste. We have a lonq way to go!
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by kingsmecca(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Pls they should do something fast about it before it spread to other states.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by achi4u(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
Fear not my people...
Abakaliki rice dey.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by heed101(m): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
No comment
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by WackyJ1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
The Rice Affected were Christian Rice
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by alienYOUTH(m): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe 3/4 of rice consumed in 9ja is imported. Na beans & toma-pep we s'pose dey fear make 'blast' no infect.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Emerald120(f): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
Kslib: Ahaaann..haba... With the way things are going,i will stick to only garr! For one week. Let me see the result..
ur lyf ll neva remain d same.
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Okijajuju1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
The God of Garri, never sleeps nor slumbers..

Cows dey Mad..

Chicken dey catch cold..

Beans dey kill

Indomie dey Kill

Rice don ddey sick..

But Garri no get problem.. drink, Chew or swallow, the value is the same..

2 Likes

Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by sushieater: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Super1759: the last time I checked, price of garri was high, beans is a big man's food now naa. And now rice don get disease. What's the alternative abeg?
Dawa(guinea corn)
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by deesnipes(f): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
the state goverment shld try and do something abt it fast o cos some of us still enjoy d delicacies of local rice (infact still ate it this М̣̣̥̇̊ό̲̣̣̣̥я̩̥̊и̣̣̣̥ȋ̝̊̅̄и̣̣̣̥G̲̣̣̣̥")
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by Ariyke: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
uchechuwku:

Then we start lizards pepper soup.... Yu know lizards abound all over the country
gringrin
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by mattsteve(f): 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hmmm...i laf in chinesejapanswahili
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by TableLeg(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Rice HIV .... Crazy country!!! undecided
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by aribisala0(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nigeria own dey always different. Others dey get flu and malaria our own na rice blast. Na here Boko people wan follow?
Re: Rice Disease Breaks Out In Kaduna by abombom(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
n0 wonDeR...!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Sacked Doctors May Not Be Recalled - Fashola / All I Need To Know On Cervical Cerclage In Nigeria Including How Much It Cost / How To Consume Slimming Tea For The Best Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.