Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna (40841 Views)

Lassa Fever Kills Abia Doctor / Lassa Fever Kills 2 Doctors In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by lalasticlala(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
NYSC Mourns Death Of Corps Member Who Died From Lassa Fever

Dr. Ogboji Kelechi Aaron

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has lamented the death of a corps member, Dr. Ogboji Kelechi Aaron, who was reportedly killed, last month, by the Lassa fever, while in active service in Kaduna State.

During the briefing of pressmen at the State Secretariat of the Corps in Abakaliki, the Director-General of the Scheme Brig-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, stated that the victim got infected with the virus after treating a patient with the ailment.

Olawumi, represented by the Director of Corps Welfare and Inspectorate, Mr. Michael Ahile, extolled the virtues of the deceased during a formal condolence visit to his family.

He described Ogboji as “an exceptional corps member who was fully dedicated to his duties and in the process paid the supreme sacrifice”.

Until his death, Ogboji, a native of Igweledoha Amagu in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, was serving at St. Louis Hospital Zonkwa in Zango Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Meanwhile, the elder brother of the deceased, Wilfred Emeka Ogboji has expressed dissatisfaction over how the deceased was taken care of in the place of his primary assignment adding that the deceased was treated of malaria until he died of the deadly Lassa Fever.

http://www.360nobs.com/2016/03/nysc-mourns-death-corps-member-died-lassa-fever/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by SUPERPACK: 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
Why is this lassa-fever bent on reducing the life span of our future doctor,
RIP Doctor
We love you, But God loves you more.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by ladyF(f): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Shouldn't the FG provide life assurance covers for corpers... I mean, in the course of serving the nation, they get exposed to all sorts, isn't it?

My heart goes out to his family and friends, may God grant them the strength they need. cry

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
RIP

1 Like

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by missingrib(f): 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
we really miss him...were serving in same local govt same area just different ppa.may his soul rest in perfect peace..what a great loss!!!just one month remaining to finish his service...

5 Likes

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Destined2win: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
No..no...

Oh God please reserve the best brains of this nation so that they can work with, and for me when I eventually ascend the throne which thou has destined for me

2 Likes

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
What will happen to ambitious professionals will happen to d roadside groundnut sellers..both of them will die. Such is life.

We can only wish d dead to rest in peace, but whether he really rests in peace or pieces is a function of d work of his hands. Judgement is for all.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by bolt000(m): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
This is so sad.. R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by 5starmilitant: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Under the sun and in the rain.
With dedication and selflessness.

Rip hero, may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace

4 Likes

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Sunnycliff(m): 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Another Hero like Adadevoh during Ebola case!

3 Likes

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
RIP SIR
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by banjeezay(m): 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
One spanner lost,i pray the Lord Almighty grants the family of the deceased the fortitude to bear the great loss. Amen.
P:S Do not pray for the dead.
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Lilimax(f): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
The second tragic news I'm reading today concerning Doctors undecided
May God deliver his people Amen.
RIP brother!
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by franca7(f): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
kadina ke kadina ke
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by tellwisdom: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
Who is lassa?? A worker in the hospital? sad
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by sugarbelly1: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
eiya
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Mopolchi: 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
Rest in peace Dr
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by badonkadonk: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
ladyF:
Shouldn't the FG provide life assurance covers for corpers... I mean, in the course of serving the nation, they get exposed to all sorts, isn't it?

My heart goes out to his family and friends, may God grant them the strength they need. cry

No mind dose yeye people... There is one wuruwuru insurance dey claim to be doing..

All na scam....
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by gasgenius(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
In North again
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by nurez305(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
Zonkwa and kafanchan are not the best place to serve, I served in zonkwa. The only place that recorded the highest rate of hiv in nigeria, different kind of diseases are there, almost all there girls and boys, both the young and old are always suffering from one disease or the other. I can't ever advice anybody to serve there again, if disease did not kill, you will die by religion crisis.

RIP to galant corper

1 Like

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by youngwarlocks: 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
OKAY
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by NiRfreak(m): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
missingrib:
we really miss him...were serving in same local govt same area just different ppa.may his soul rest in perfect peace..what a great loss!!!just one month remaining to finish his service...
so tragic for the doc
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Phylogeny: 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
Eyan.. .. After several years in school.. . Suffering
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by weedcrusha: 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
This is a hero. Not the polithievians
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Richy4(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
tellwisdom:
Who is lassa?? A worker in the hospital? sad

There are limits to every joke sir sad

6 Likes

Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
chai u see. serving a country that don't have u at heart.
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Deckynyansha(f): 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
Baba God na beg I dey beg oo
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Natureboyfk(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
Treating malaria instead of Lassa...up Nigeria
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by missingrib(f): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
NiRfreak:
so tragic for the doc
I tell u...he attended one election training with us on the Thursday of that very week before we heard about his death on Saturday...chai!!!!
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by iamauxin(m): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
K
Re: Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
Why are all the deadly diseases in the northern part of Nigeria.

Nemesis I guess.

Our Ibo brothers should desist from going there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Cure: Iwu Says FG Yet To Show Interest In Their Drug / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) / While Drones Are Banned In Nigeria, Rwanda Is Using It To Save Lives - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.