Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129470 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by kasshoggi(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2019
I want to confirm Sir, the best transmission oil for Infiniti QX56 2005.

Also, can a vehicle transmission work without a valve body? I find it hard to believe but is this a possibility?

Many thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
kasshoggi:
I want to confirm Sir, the best transmission oil for Infiniti QX56 2005.

Also, can a vehicle transmission work without a valve body? I find it hard to believe but is this a possibility?

Many thanks.

I will advise you to use Total mvlv transmission fluid. It is the best in town for your car .
Renault 18 gear box is not electronically controlled . It is possible with a 1978 car

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by kasshoggi(m): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=sooperrescue post=74349911][/quote]

Many thanks Sir
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Benoy: 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year bro. Please, can I make use of Oando Dextron III ATF for my Honda Accord 2003, 4cyl?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Benoy:
Happy new year bro. Please, can I make use of Oando Dextron III ATF for my Honda Accord 2003, 4cyl?
Total mvlv atf will do
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Benoy: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
sooperrescue:
Total mvlv atf will do
Thanks bro
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by umennaesie: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
Pls how good is lubcon Atf for honda accord baby boy 2002 gear box
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
umennaesie:
Pls how good is lubcon Atf for h
onda accord baby boy 2002 gear box

Oando claims to be dexron 111h. Or use Total at42
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by lapo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2019
I have to be back here to say thank you to initiator of this thread. My 35gx infiniti car is now back on the road after the gear box was fixed and NOT replaced. Instead of the recommended maticj which is a dextron 3 atf, I opted for equivalent Oando dextron 3. Everything seems fine so far after one week.
The mechanic is one painstaking individual who knows the job.
Once again, thank you Sooperrescue.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
lapo:
I have to be back here to say thank you to initiator of this thread. My 35gx infiniti car is now back on the road after the gear box was fixed and NOT replaced. Instead of the recommended maticj which is a dextron 3 atf, I opted for equivalent Oando dextron 3. Everything seems fine so far after one week.
The mechanic is one painstaking individual who knows the job.
Once again, thank you Sooperrescue.
Did Sooperrescue actually suggest Oando ATF?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by oludollar(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
I must commend you for your swift response.pls wat can be responsible for the warning sign on my dashboard. Stop oil pressure insufficient.?wheneva i drive my peugeot 406 with the Ac on for like 10minutes.if i dont switch off the Ac,the temperature will rise beyond the normal gauge.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:45am On Jan 15, 2019
Costee:

Did Sooperrescue actually suggest Oando ATF?
I did not. I suggested Dexron 6 Total. It might work well but I don't think it is the best option. Oando claims to be dexron 111h but I doubt that. At dexron 111, it was ineffective on a 1999 Benz My, we had to flush it out and used a foreign dexron 111 before the car became OK. He might be lucky since it was recommended by the technician
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:50am On Jan 15, 2019
oludollar:
I must commend you for your swift response.pls wat can be responsible for the warning sign on my dashboard. Stop oil pressure insufficient.?wheneva i drive my peugeot 406 with the Ac on for like 10minutes.if i dont switch off the Ac,the temperature will rise beyond the normal gauge.
It has happened to me before on my 406 and it was always happening without AC and after a long distance, it will overheat. I just changed the engine and the story ended. But in this case, it might be different. Just get in touch with Ikenna the lion king and he will help out
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by oludollar(m): 6:19am On Jan 15, 2019
Thank you..even without the AC on it will still display the stop and oil pressure insufficient signal.is this ikenna in lagos?and how can i locate is workshop.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:50am On Jan 15, 2019
oludollar:
Thank you..even without the AC on it will still display the stop and oil pressure insufficient signal.is this ikenna in lagos?and how can i locate is workshop.
On car talk, he is the Peugeot expert. He knows all the engine names and types. He is the zoo keeper of the Lions
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by thebigkendo(m): 7:30am On Jan 15, 2019
sooperrescue:

On car talk, he is the Peugeot expert. He knows all the engine names and types. He is the zoo keeper of the Lions

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dshiznitplata(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
What ATF(Gear oil) can I use on my Toyota Camry 2013??....
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
dshiznitplata:
What ATF(Gear oil) can I use on my Toyota Camry 2013??....

Use Total MVLV. It is WS compliant
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
I recently bought a 2004 corolla sport. Please advise on the kinds of oil I should be using for the engine and gear box.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dshiznitplata(m): 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
sooperrescue:

Use Total MVLV. It is WS compliant
Any other option...Because I went to a Total Station and they did not have it....And I doubt the person is even aware of it.....showed me II-D.....
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:08am On Jan 26, 2019
dshiznitplata:
Any other option...Because I went to a Total Station and they did not have it....And I doubt the person is even aware of it.....showed me II-D.....
Where are you based?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dshiznitplata(m): 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
sooperrescue:

Where are you based?
In anambra.... I checked another Total station... They showed me AT42 saying this is the higher grade....
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
dshiznitplata:
In anambra.... I checked another Total station... They showed me AT42 saying this is the higher grade....
The fluid at 42 is dexron 111 and your corolla requires type tiv. Look for Toyota type tiv gear oil . For the engine oil, use a good 5w30 engine oil. I fear to recommend oil nowadays because we don't know the one that is adulterated or not
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dshiznitplata(m): 5:19am On Jan 28, 2019
sooperrescue:

The fluid at 42 is dexron 111 and your corolla requires type tiv. Look for Toyota type tiv gear oil . For the engine oil, use a good 5w30 engine oil. I fear to recommend oil nowadays because we don't know the one that is adulterated or not
mine's a 2013 Camry...not corolla...that's my fear
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:24am On Jan 28, 2019
dshiznitplata:
mine's a 2013 Camry...not corolla...that's my fear
Sorry about the mix, 2013 Camry is WS. Let me have your contact and I will send it to Total lubricant manager for him to direct you to where you will get some. Or you can tell someone to get it for you in Lagos and send it to you. The Total station by Sheraton is always stocked with the fluid. It is the best oil in town. I would also recommend Pure guard atf. It is on Jumia. But try Total for easy access
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elvislyk: 1:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
Please what type of gear box oil should I use on my 2005 Nissan ultima 2.5 S
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
Elvislyk:
Please what type of gear box oil should I use on my 2005 Nissan ultima 2.5 S
Total mvlv dexron 6 transmission fluid. Suitable for all Nissan fluids type
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 02, 2019
chai so na that small insult wey nihilistjnr insult you na im make you run go buy car and abandon your keke guy grin grin grin

congrats anyway

Notorious PIG grin grin

cc captainmitch
VLONE:
I recently bought a 2004 corolla sport. Please advise on the kinds of oil I should be using for the engine and gear box.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by cmoney22222: 5:18am On Feb 02, 2019
What about Camry Toyota 2009 gear oil n where can I get it sir
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:01am On Feb 02, 2019
cmoney22222:
What about Camry Toyota 2009 gear oil n where can I get it sir
Total mvlv dexron 6, ideal for Ws for Toyota
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by cmoney22222: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2019
Sir where can I get this inlagos
sooperrescue:

Total mvlv dexron 6, ideal for Ws for Toyota
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2019
cmoney22222:
Sir where can I get this inlagos
Total station by Sheraton ikeja

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.