Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129526 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Ngutor(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
sooper rescue: Go there now and ask for the lube bay manager, Tochukwu and he will attend to you. Sorry for the inconvenience
Thank you sir. And tell Tochukwu I am from who?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by davou4eva(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
sooper rescue: PURE GUARD GLOBAL AUTOMATIC
TRANSMISSION FLUID
DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATIONS
PURE GUARD Global ATF is a premium fluid designed for automatic transmissions of
all North American, European, and Asia-Pacific-made vehicles. PURE GUARD Global
ATF provides exceptional oxidation, wear, frictional stability, and anti-shudder properties
required in today’s high performance transmissions. It also designed to deliver premium
performance in older transmissions.
Product Specifications:
Specific Gravity @60°F (H2O=1) 0.86 - 0.88
Viscosity, @ 100°C, cSt, typ. 7.6
Brookfield Viscosity, cP, max 13,000
Flash Point, °F (°C) Min. 330 (165)
Pour Point, °C (F) < -43 (-45.40)
Color and Appearance Red liquid
Packaging Specifications:
Bottle 32 fluid ounces (946 ml), HDPE plastic bottle
Product Claims:
PURE GUARD Global ATF Meets or exceeds requirements of Ford’s Mercon V. Will
perform satisfactory in Mercon SP, Dexron-VI and Toyota WS applications. Suitable for
Chrysler vehicles where ATF+4 and ATF+3 are required.
It can also be used where fluids meeting Ford ESP-M2C138CJ or Ford M2C166-H
specifications are required. Exceeds Alison C4 specifications. Recommended for
Mercedes transmissions. Not recommended for use where Ford Type F fluid is required.
Detailed list of recommended specifications is below:
Manufacturer Specification
Acura ATF-Z1 (Except in CVTs)
Allison C-4
Audi G-055-025-A2
BMW LA2634,LT71141; Texaco ETL-7045-E, ETL-8027B, Shell M1375.4
Chrysler ATF+4®, ATF+3®, ATF+2®, ATF+®
Ford MERCON SP®, MERCON LV®, MERCON V®,MERCON®,XT-9QMM5
General Motors DEXRON VI®, DEXRON V, DEXRON III®, 9986195, Type A, Suffix A (TASA)
Honda ATF-Z1 (except in CVTs)
Hyundai SP-II, SP-III
Idemitsu K17
Infinity Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K
Isuzu Genuine
Jaguar Shell M1375.4
Kia All Specifications
Land Rover Texaco N402, Shell M1375.4
Lexus Type T, T-III, T-IV.WS
MAN 339F
Mazda ATF M-V
Mercedes Benz Sheet 236.x
Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II, SP-III
Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K
Saab Transmax J
Subaru All specifications
Toyota Type T, T-III, T-IV
Voith 55.6335.32 (G607)
Volvo All specifications
Volkswagen TL52162, G052 990
ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 14A, 14B, 16L, 17C

Thanks for this insight. Please, what do u mean by ALL SPECIFICATIONS. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Tell Tochukwu that Patrick, said he should attend well to your car needs. I will tell him and he will be expecting you.
As for the specifications that you quoted, all these are the vehicles our Multi Vehicle transmission synthetic fluid attends to and it works very well with the vehicles that are listed.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by butterstone: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2013
Hi There, can you get me or direct as to where i can get Genuine Honda Type 2 Coolant.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by CHIMSKY(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
sooper rescue: What year is your rodeo? You can use dexron iii which is not available in the open market. Don't use iiid oil. We can get it for you if you can send us a mail with your location
What kind of fluid does Camry 98 use?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
We sell two of the best coolants in the world. Peak and Freezetone and they are packaged in gallons. You can send us a mail to let you know how we can send it to you.
Toyota Camry 98 model uses Dexron 11, but I will advise you to buy Mobil ATF Dexron 11. That is the only Dexron 11 that is suitable for entry level electronically controlled transmissions in the country. Beware of all those supposed dex 111 in red cans. The owners do not even know what they are producing so they just put any specification that suits them.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by nonyb1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls sir,I need ATF TL 521 62 for my Volkswagen sharan 2.8 VR6 1998,pls can u send it across to me and hw much will it cost?I'm in Portharcourt,this is my number 07063975500
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2013
Good day folks, OANDO has just launched their Dexron 111 ATF. No need using Abro, Seahorse and all those substandard fluids. This is the best Dexron 111 in the open Nigerian market and it goes for N1000 a litre.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Rutse: 4:09am On Aug 17, 2013
I want to know if changing the ATF and filter is what I need to do for my nissan xterra 2000 V6 3.3litres. It̶̲̥̅̊ takes ǻ long time changing from gear 1 to 2, apart from that there is ♧°˚NÕ̾°˚♧. Issue with transmission, check engine light is on, codes are P161,P141, P325, P160. Also what's the recommened ATF, how many litres do I need? What type of transmission filter do I need? How much? Where do I get It̶̲̥̅̊? Am in bayelsa state... Do you have ǻ service centre in bayelsa?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:28am On Aug 17, 2013
We will soon be in Otueke and Yenagoa. Your knock sensor is bad and this is common with Nissan and what you have to do is to let them check if it is still good or the wire is broken. You can use Dexron 111 to replace the oil in your transmission. Oando has Dexron 111 and it will work well for your car but if you have been using substandard fluids, we can send you our Dexron 6 pure guard which is able to restore the gear box and you will need 6 litres. Your heater sensor is also bad which means you either change it or clean it. Your ignition timing will be over advanced if the knock sensor is not checked as soon as possible. Also ensure you have coolant in your car not those cheap coolant that are just coloured water. The transmission filter in your gear should be cleaned while changing the fluid and if it is cracked or torn, get a new one. I will be in Otueke on Sunday and if it is possible for me to see the jeep before leaving for Warri monday morning. Call this number on Monday in the morning 08098534267
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Rutse: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks very much for the urgent response. I would call you on monday morning. I would be very grateful if you could create time to see the car before leaving
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bong4(m): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
Good After Sooper Rescue,well my question is simple. This dexron II and Dexron III you are mentioning , are they the constituents of the ATF or the name of the brand. Can i just walk into any sales point and ask for dexron II or III or i should be asking for a brand name that has dexron II or III in its composition. I drive a mercedes 190 whic i pamper so much and i use Abro ATF. I do not know if it is the right specification for the car.Please advice. I stay in ile ife
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Abro Atf is a transmission fluid code named Type A. This was the first transmission fluid for older generations of automatic transmissions till 1975. Any one using Abro ATF on their vehicle is taking a risk and in the end they will spend more money to rectify the damage caused by Abro. I think we should all sue the Consumer Protection Council for allowing these products into the market. We dont even have to talk about SON. Make we nor disturb them from their sleep or is it National Automotive Council? Let Sleeping dogs lie. Dexron ATF was introduced after type A to cater for vehicles after 1975 and Dexron 11 D ATF was now introduced to cater for vehicles without electronically controlled gear boxes and later Dexron 11e and Dexron 111 which are for electronically controlled transmissions. Now we have dexron 6 which is also termed Global Standard by some brands like the one we sell, which was introduced in 2005. Toyota introduced their new ATF WS for their 2006 models and using anything other than the specified ATF on your vehicle means that the Auto gear box repairers Association's ( of which I am a staunch member)prayers and night vigils have been answered. Dexron 11 or 111 does not have any brand. Oando, AP, Conoil, Total all sell Dexron 11D, Mobil sells Dexron 11E, while MRS and OANDO are the only companies currently selling Dexron 111 in the open market. For your 190, though you did not state the model and year, just use Dexron 111. Drain the abro out of the gearbox as soon as possible. Also, please flee from all those red can fluids. Oando or MRS dexron 111 will work very well for your car.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bobbymore: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
I just bought a Toyota Avalon 2001 model, pls advise me on the ATF gear oil I should use and the engine oil. Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:43am On Aug 20, 2013
Toyota Avalon uses Dexron 11 and 111. I will suggest that you use OANDO and MRS Dexron 111. It is available in the open market, that is in all the outlets of the Marketing Companies. Check your engine oil chamber if there is sludge and flush the engine using engine flush, not those Abro type of flush. Any Engine oil will do. Oando SM or Total Q7000 will serve the purpose.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bobbymore: 12:15am On Aug 25, 2013
sooper rescue: Toyota Avalon uses Dexron 11 and 111. I will suggest that you use OANDO and MRS Dexron 111. It is available in the open market, that is in all the outlets of the Marketing Companies. Check your engine oil chamber if there is sludge and flush the engine using engine flush, not those Abro type of flush. Any Engine oil will do. Oando SM or Total Q7000 will serve the purpose.
Thanks. Gratefull
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bobbymore: 12:18am On Aug 25, 2013
How will I check the engine oil chamber? Which flushing agent should I use. Besides, I just observed on the dashboard a warning sign that says check. Don't know what this means. Does my engine have problem? thanks for the reply.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
The Check light is just to let you know that something is wrong in the powertrain of your car. All that is needed is for you to use a scanner to read the errors. Sometimes, it is just an old problem that has been resolved and all that is needed is to clear the fault codes. When you dip ur hand in the oil chamber, if there is gel or black coloured sand, then you need to flush it. Flush it only once and then maintain the quarterly oil change and then you will have a cool engine. There are many products in the market but we sell Jensen Engine Flush in all our outlets.If you are in Lagos, Abuja, Makurdi, Warri and Benin, bring it to any of our outlets and we will perform these services for you.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by roosebolton: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2013
Thanks for starting this thread, a first time car owner and I am learning alot. I have a natural compulsion to do the right thing for whatever I own which is why am on the look out for the best transmission fluid for my Mazda 3 2005, any ideas ?

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Welcome. Our Pure guard Dexron 6 full synthetic transmission fluid is the best in the market and will put your transmission in the proper mood.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by roosebolton: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2013
sooper rescue: Welcome. Our Pure guard Dexron 6 full synthetic transmission fluid is the best in the market and will put your transmission in the proper mood.
Are u saying the Pure Guard Dexron 6 is compatible with Mazda M-V compatible?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by roosebolton: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
sooper rescue: Welcome. Our Pure guard Dexron 6 full synthetic transmission fluid is the best in the market and will put your transmission in the proper mood.
You still haven't stated if pure guard works is compatible with Mazda 3, I am about to order Mazda 3 atf from online but would rather get one here if I can find.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:21am On Sep 13, 2013
Yes. It will work very well with your car.Read the specifications of the Pure Guard and you will see that it works with it. Nothing to fear. We use it regularly with Range Rovers, Benz GL and ML and S.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by roosebolton: 4:22am On Sep 14, 2013
sooper rescue: Yes. It will work very well with your car.Read the specifications of the Pure Guard and you will see that it works with it. Nothing to fear. We use it reagularly with Range Rovers, Benz GL and ML and S.
Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by olayman(m): 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
sooper rescue: Thanks everyone. For your Avalon, you cannot use Mobil ATF. That is Dexron 11e. You will need Toyota Typ T1v atf or the dexron 6 atf. Transmission fluid flush is supposed to be done at every 15000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Doing so will make your car transmission to last longer without hassles.
For the Honda Civic, you should be careful as some of the brand use CVT, same oil like Murano and some uses ATFZ1 or Dexron 111. On the dipstick, if there is no CVT written on it, then use Dexron 111. For the accord, If you cant get ATFZ1, use Dexron 6, which exceeds the specification of the ATFZ1. Mind you that from 2010 Models of Honda, they now use DW1. As for the engine oil, any of our local brands are ok as long as you maintain the quarterly service interval and that there is no sludge in the engine.
Our Abuja service center is at TOS Douglas Crescent, opp Games Village main Gate. The banners will direct you to the workshop.
. Hello, just a. Onequick to ask where to get honda Cvt fliud , and can I use Nissan NS-2 for honda hydrid?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by niyosen: 1:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Wat is d best engine oil for lexus rx300 1999 model. I curently used mobil XHP. And pls d transmission oil to used. Pls send ur fone so dat i can call u. I stay in Badagry lagos.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
Oando has one of the highest quality oils but whatever oil you use, ensure that there is no sludge in your engine. Your Lexus should use TYP 1V and it is compatible with our Dexron 6 Global Standard synthetic transmission fluid.
For the Hybrid, you can use NS2 but not in the blue container but buy one litre bottle
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bodiaye: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
@ Sooper Rescue
please confirm if you have SP-III and the cost.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
Yes, we have Pure Guard Synthetic transmission fluid which is also very suitable for SP111. You will need to call 08098534267 to know the price.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by floridam(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hello sir, what is the best engine oil and ATF I can use for my 2002 ford Taurus.
Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mercon V and our Pure Guard Synthetic transmission fluid is best suited for it. But you can also buy Motorcraft ATF from Ford Briscoe. Their price is a little bit lower than our price but other than that, dont buy from the open market because of credibility issues. Mercon V is a unique FORD transmission fluid but they now use Mercon LV and SP which is for their latest models. For engine oil, I will recommend OANDO SM any time. One of the best oils best adapted to our peculiar driving environment. They also have synthetic oil which is gradually taking over the market though not officially launched.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by vitality22(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
They have the dexron iii at Oando, please how many cans does a Nissan Xterra 2001 model needs? i mean how many 1 litre containers do i need to buy?
and also my mechanic wants to use fuel to flush the old oil before refilling, is it right? I will be changing the oil tomorrow morning as i intend to travel to Portharcourt for official assignment same tomorrow.
What do you think is best to flush the oil.
Thanks again for your wonderful assistance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.