Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129532 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
7 litres of the best Dexron 111 in the open market. OANDO ATF. Check ur mail
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by roosebolton: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Please can u post the number and address of your abuja branch. I tried locating the oando by national Hospital but could not.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Oando by National Hospital is close to the European Commission, the Dome and from NDIC, you are just in front of the station. Call the supervisor on 08038660503 or you can also visit the OANDO in Zone 4 along Herbert Macaulay way, before Sheraton junction. Call the Supervisor on 08037776202
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by llade(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pls I want to change my 2006 toyota avensis gearbox atf but I saw type T-IV on d dip stick. Pls which product is best and where can I buy d atf. Am in abuja. Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Go to our outlets in Abuja and we will do it there for you. I suggest that you go to the OANDO close to the DOME and ask for the supervisor and they will flush and clean your gear filter for you there
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by jcshols: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2013
@sooper rescue....doing a great job. God bless!
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Amen. Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Adetayomi: 6:34am On Oct 28, 2013
sooper rescue: Amen. Thanks very much

Good day pls l want to know the best transmission oil for nissAn primera sport 2001 with CVT transmission.thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nissan N2 CVT. Two choices, you either buy in a 1 Litre pack or buy the blue gallon pack. Beware of where you buy the blue pack to avoid buying adulterated fluid.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elcid1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Pls i need ur advice
i hav a 2007 nissn xterra i noticed that when i trotle my car will not move rather my engine will be revolving...i notice dat i was mislead by the mechanic dat serviced my car to used the wrong gear oil instead of the real one....but whenever my engine cools down my car will move .....pls i need ur advice on the right gear oil to use.....and pls i hope i have not damaged my gear system, since my gear still responds whenever the engin is cool.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Templa(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Plz sooper, my friend mistakenly topped the gear oil in his tokunbo nissan EXTERRA.. Though he hardly drives it, it broke down on the highway, and after returning it, CFAO says he has to change the gear box..buh we intend replacing just the Nissan matic fluid j gear oil..wat do u think..and were can we get this gear oil. The model is 2007 xterra..
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nissan, Nissan. but they can be resolved. My guy from the East, when the gear oil is hot, it stops moving. The transmission fluid acts like a coolant and using Abro, Seahorse and other fluids not suitable for electronic transmissions means serious trouble. Just flush the old oil out, clean or change the gear filter and use the correct fluid will solve the problem but I suggest you scan the car and let me have the codes. Then I will counsel you on the next step to take.
CFAO always advises their customers to get a new gear box. They dont want to mess with the repairs. What your friend should do is to scan the car and send us the codes and then I will tell him what to do. The worst case scenario is to buy another valve body and use the correct fluid then the car is good to go. If you can also let me know your location, we can help and put it in order.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by xname: 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hi Sooper,

Please my wife and i use nissan tiidas, one has difficulties settling into the park gear and is not smooth but difficult at the R gear, what could be wrong?

My second Tiida, i recently changed the engine, in nsukkak cldnt find nissan matric d for gear as the fluid was drained, so i used sea horse dextron iii, as i was advised, though not comfortable with it by Gods grace was able to drive it back to Lagos, and i still cant find matric d.

I have also observed that the car is now leaking tranmission fluid, can an overfill cause this? and is the dextron iii really an alternative, or do u advise i change it - If so, how and where can i order the nissan matric d to flush out this ATF and why can i be leaking ATF
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by davids202(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
nice 1
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by johnwell(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Please what type of ATF & ENGINE OIL can I use for a 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X?
How good is ADRENALIN oil?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nissan Tilda does not tolerate Seahorse and will behave the way you just described it. Seahorse for your information is Dexron 111D which is not suitable for any vehicle above 1986. Any Nissan will never work with Seahorse, Abro, Total, Conoil, AP, Mobil ATF. Until recently OANDO was selling Dexron 11 but now they sell Dexron 111 but it also limited to some Nissans before 2002. The leakage in the transmission is probably caused by the seal on the pan. They did not seal it properly. Now that the car is in Lagos, let us see it and fix it for you. For the first Tilda, it might be the gear selector. Change the oil and scan the car and let us know what is wrong. The Nissan Matic D is compatible with Pureguard synthetic transmission fluid. It is a multi vehicle transmission fluid that caters for almost all vehicles till 2013 models.
Mitsubishi Diamante requires SP111 which you can substitute with PureGuard. Oando now sells Synthetic engine oil which is second to none. Try it and you will be glad you did. Adrenalin Oil might be suitable but the basic concern any motorist should bother himself with is how to eliminate sludge from the engines. If there is sludge in your car, then the oil in the engine is not protecting your engine enough and therefore it has to be flushed out with the old oil before using new oil. Check if there is sludge in your car before changing oil but try using synthetic oil. It is cheaper in the long run and gives your engine the ultimate. Like I said, try Oando synthetic oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
sooper rescue: Yes, we have Pure Guard Synthetic transmission fluid which is also very suitable for SP111. You will need to call 08098534267 to know the price.

why?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:32am On Nov 04, 2013
Nairaland rules
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elcid1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
my automatic car wont change gear up! i was driving in a
freeway while merching and it wont change gear up! i cant
speed up! i step the gas all the way and it wont go pass
around 35! it was embarrassing for the cars on the back! the car seems that it dont want to up gear in so fast. it
drives fine when going normal street slowly step on gas
and it change gears fine but when in freeway when you
enter or merching... you gotta speed up but the car wont
change gear can i f!x it myself? ect....
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by johnwell(m): 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
johnwell: Please what type of ATF & ENGINE OIL can I use for a 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X?
How good is ADRENALIN oil?

Thanx for your reply for the above post..
in addition, how can sludge be flushed?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sludge can be flushed by using high quality Engine Flush and not those local and outdated engine flush. You pour the Engine Flush in the oil before changing the old oil and start the car for five minutes depending on the level of dirt. After five minutes, drain the oil and filter and replace with new filter and higher grade of oil and you are good to go.
Elcid, you did not tell us the model of your car and what oil did you use or if there is ATF in the gear. As to your last question, yes, you can fix it yourself by checking the oil required for your car and buying it and then allow a Mechanic to flush out the old oil and clean the filter and then pour the new ATF in the car and you are good to go.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elcid1(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
its a nissan xterra 2007 model...with nissan matic J fluid
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by keziah123: 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
I noticed you stopped recommending Total engine oil but now recommend Oando. Any reason?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2013
Hahaha. Change of Location. I now work with OANDO but that does not stop me from telling people to buy TOTAL if they so desire. But on transmission issues, OANDO and MRS has the highest grade of Dexron 111 in the country and any car that requires Dexron 111, it is advisable to use the right fluid. TOTAL, Conoil, AP and others are Dexron 11D which if used on an electronic controlled transmission will generate issues which are not palatable for the vehicle. Mobil has ATF Dexron 11e and I also recommend it for those that want to use it.
Elcid, Is there ATF in your Xterra? If there is none, flush the oil and put fresh one but if the problem remains, then you will need a new valve body. But before then, let us decode the service engine soon light on your dashboard before we move further. Where is your location?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elcid1(m): 11:54am On Nov 06, 2013
i stay in owerri....i did change d oil without flushing yet d problem persisted
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sesal: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
@sooper rescue

good day and job well done. this thread is really educative. i just bought a 2003 Toyota highlander. i. what transmission fluid should i use?ii. what engine oil make is the best for this car. iii. Do you have an outlet in benin?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Yes, we have 2 outlets in Benin. 2003 Highlander requires Typ T-1V and we have it there. You will require 5 litres and they will clean the sump and wash the filter. On the oil to use, there are many suitable oils in the market but nowadays, we have decided to let motorists use the oil recommended for their vehicles and in the long run, it is cheaper and more beneficial. When you use 5W20 or 5W30 oil which happens to be synthetic oil, there is high tendency of smoother engine performance and longer service interval. When you use the conventional oil, it breaks down faster and therefore you will be obliged to change the oil every 3 months while the synthetic oil according to my research is ideal for 6 months or 6000mls whichever comes first. For some weeks now, I have been experimenting with OANDO synthetic which is not yet sold publicly and on sunday I used it on my car and then travelled with the car. My engine is very quiet and working very well. It is a great delight and I have been recommending it to all our clients without using it. I was using TOTAL 4x4 but since Sunday, my Range Rover Sport has been thanking me with a better performance ever since. Though the oil is not currently in Benin, use anyone that fulfills the requirement of your highlander or we can send some to you so that by the time you are changing the oil in 6 months, OANDO would have started selling the oil in gallons so that you can continue with the tradition of a new synthetic oil.
Elcid, can you please scan the car and let me have the codes. That way, we can help you solve it. There is a pathfinder that is currently being fixed in the workshop. Same issue and after all troubleshooting, we just bought a another gear box. I wont suggest that now until the scan report is out.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Elcid1(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks for your assistance so far. The issue is were i can scan the car in owerri.......any idea
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Burger01(m): 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Just Curious. What engine oil is best for '01 Mazda Tribute Jeep? What transmission oil?

Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mercon V is suitable for Mazda tribute. It is the same transmission fluid requirement with Ford Escape. The engine oil listed on top of the oil cover. Like I just told a client who is also a nairalander, using 0w40 like mobil 1 is not necessary. 5w40, which is TOTAL, OANDO, Forte. But my recent experience with OANDO syn is making me excited about the lubricant. I suggest you try it too.
Elcid,I dont know where you can actually scan the car in Owerri but it is better you ask around so that we can quickly resolve the issue with the car
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by okpeho(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Gud day bros,
I used a honda civic 95 model auto, last month, I took my car to my mechanic to serviced d gear, he told me d oil level was low and we av to buy oil to topped it, he bought one Oats oil. Just last week, he changed my shaft, upper arm and oda tins on d car for me and while he was test driving, d car suddenly stopped movin and he told me d gear was disengaging, to cut d story short, I was asked to changed d gear box, which I did and I told him to use Dexron 111 for d new gear. But, I observe dat it was Dexron 111D he uses yestaday for d new gear. Pls I want to know if dexron 111 and dexron 111D are d same. Pls which oil do u advice I use for d gear. Thanks as I await ur response
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by mayor2013: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
What type of transmission fluid can I use for my Toyota corolla 2007 model, thnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.