Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump (1351 Views)

Goat With Human Face In Kano, Dumped In Refuse Heap (Photos) / Dog Rescue New Born Baby Thrown In Refuse Dump. (photo) / PHD Holder Commit Suicide afta Being Forced To Work At Call Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump by whatalife: 8:09am On Nov 07, 2012
What exactly happened to Dr. Olawunmi Thorpe, an Ogun State indigene, who died a homeless man, may never be known.

To passersby and residents, who saw Thorpe everyday in the rubbish dump beside the rail line at Fagba Bus Stop in Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government Area of Lagos State, he was a deranged man.

But what many people did not know was that Thorpe had a Bachelor and Master’s degrees in Mass Communication and a PhD in English Language.

All these information came to light when PUNCH Metro got information that the “mad man” who spoke impeccable English had died about 5pm Wednesday last week.

It took two ‘good Samaritans’, Mr. Larry Happiday and Mr. Dele Olawale, who had interest in Thorpe’s case before he died, to ensure that his body did not rot on the same rubbish dump he used as home.

When our correspondent spoke to the two men on how they knew Thorpe and their efforts at helping him before he died, Happiday said he first met the deceased about a year ago.

He said, “I began noticing him around Fagba about a year ago because I live around Fagba. One day in March, he approached me and I thought he was going to ask for money. But he did not.

“He told me it was his 58th birthday and begged me to buy him a Bible and a book, ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’.

http://www.punchng.com/news/how-phd-holder-lived-died-in-refuse-dump/

Re: How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump by Odunnu: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2012
OMG! This just spoilt my day. May his soul rest in peace
Re: How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump by Callotti: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hmmm!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
Both I think!
But in what order?
Over to the NL bigots abeg! kiss

Dis wan nor be NLander so? undecided
Re: How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump by drejunior: 2:24am On Nov 09, 2012
Front page plz well 3rd to commento

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Seat At The Back Of A Boy On A Bike? / Did You See It Too? / Juju To Protect Yourself From NL Unwanted Ban? Come In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.