Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams (4925 Views)

Really Nice But Unpopular Artists/songs / My Top Ten Gospel Jams / 2face Idibia: Grass2grace Equally Tight But, : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Baro(m): 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2008
There are some Naija tracks that are so very dope; could easily pass for a classic,  but they inexplicably fail to become hits, at best they only end up becoming the favorites of a very few who appreciates good music.

Sometimes i just wish i could singlehandedly put these songs where they truly belong, hmmmm, wishful thinking sad
Anyway here are in my view some of such jams
On A Plane - Faze
Motherland - Sound Sultan
Share My Heart - Faze
Restless Soul - Rymzo
Be Your Man - Blackface
Angelica - Age Beeka E.t.c e.t.c e.tc

Nairalanders i know you feel me, please let us keep this thread alive, post yours

1 Like

Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by sophienwa(f): 7:13am On Feb 01, 2008
i love that motherland song by sound sultan gonna try to check out the others.
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Baro(m): 11:30am On Feb 01, 2008
Why do you think those tracks didnt turn out big, despite, their lyrical content, depth and melody?
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by sect(m): 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2008
Dosa-Resonance. i hardly hear that song on radio. @Baro the reason why those jams aren't popular is cos they are not party jams
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by mrmetoo(m): 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
When I saw Baro started this thread I knew faze had to be there but I just was praying it would be a song that'll at least befit the topic and I wasn't disappointed. "On a plane", to me, is the best song on that album. . . took me time to appreciate it but its such a lovely song. Well unfortunately, i'm not in naija so i don't know how popular or unpopular it is but that song deserves to be up there with the rest of 'em
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by tosinadeda: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2008
On a plane
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by coolboyapg: 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2008
oh why by segun agbede
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by WarfyBoy(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
Oh y >>>>>>>>>>>segun agbede

the game>>>>>>>>Ova Dose

Kolo>>>>>>>>>>>>Seantero

call my name>>>>>>Niyola

i wil kom back to giv mo
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by tosinadeda: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
niyola for where
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by baslone: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2008
niyola aint bad ,give her her props at least you cant compare her to ARTQUAKE wink
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by doyindamus: 10:59am On Feb 02, 2008
That Be Ur Man by Blackface is the ish mehn----------------

e get the way wey you dey do me

Girl I must confess say you fine pass funmi

And as u fine na so you sexy

Like I told u before girl i just wanna boogie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Mindless(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2008
Talent dey Waste ------- 9ICE
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Baro(m): 2:24am On Feb 05, 2008
mr me too:

When I saw Baro started this thread I knew faze had to be there but I just was praying it would be a song that'll at least befit the topic and I wasn't disappointed. "On a plane", to me, is the best song on that album. . . took me time to appreciate it but its such a lovely song. Well unfortunately, i'm not in naija so i don't know how popular or unpopular it is but that song deserves to be up there with the rest of 'em

Thanks Me Tu, atleast for once you admitted that your being in Yankee robs you of the required competence to comment on most Naija music related issues cool

On Plane is such great song, i feel it in my soul whenever i listen to it, wish Faze gave it a visual representation
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by edgecution(m): 10:42am On Feb 05, 2008
Be your MAN - Black Face
Off To Yankee- Eldee
Rymzo songs
OD songs
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by dominique(f): 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2008
OD is one of the most underapprciated rappers in naija now : (. His lyrics are tight and his videos dont get enuf airplay.
Theres also this guy bclean wit the song eewo.
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by pheesayor(m): 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2008
mr me too:

Mrmeetu(face) I've realy missed u ooo, how's life wit u?
Faze is highly underrated ecen though he has some popular songs, I know u shouldnt argue about that.

There are some other songs from other artistes too but I cant remember.
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by rume(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2008
[/quote]
Baro:

Why do you think those tracks didnt turn out big, despite, their lyrical content, depth and melody?
People seem to embrace mediocrity more( just an opinion for now) Do people really know or show concern for the lyrics in a song these days? [quote author=sect link=topic=109582.msg1909831#msg1909831 date=1201873663]
Dosa-Resonance. i hardly hear that song on radio. @Baro the reason why those jams aren't popular is because they are not party jams
Dosa, now that is a song! Depends on what people define as 'party jams'.

More crap these days
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by jejelolatu(f): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2008
somewhere in ur heart -sound sultan
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Mindless(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2008
Pepperminta by Adaz
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by MRIDE(m): 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2008
[center]HEY I FOUND A MIXTAPE WITH A TRACK THAT WAS BUZZING ALL OVER NIGERIA THIS PAST DECEMBER, IT FEATURES SAUCE KID AND MANY MORE, LOL
TRACK 4 CALLED "AFRICA SING"

LOOK @ THE COVER, READ OVER THE TRACKLIST & DOWNLOAD THE MIXTAPE FOR FREE, LEAVE A COMMENT, CRITIC , THANK YOU & GOD BLESS

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/PASSPORTPIMPIN

WATCH NEW VIDEO HERE(STR8 TO PUBLIC ACCESS TV & YOUTUBE VIDEO):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1YKGbr8kkXk

DOWNLOAD HERE(FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY):

DivShare File - PASSPORT PIMPIN THA MIXTAPE.rar

Thanks for downloading the mixtape.
[/center]
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Baro(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2008
Abosede -- Sunny Neji
Still the one --- Sunny Neji
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by ritchboy(m): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2008
when i saw the title of this thread i was expecting to see unpopular songs by little known musicians.but now i'm seeing semi-popular songs by established musicians n i'm like WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?

anywayz,theres this new rap group called M.I.P. they got a song called "we no get shaking" and its bangin'.
anyone heard of em?
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by damseremie(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2008
Well Heres a little known artiste who i believe has some excellent songs. But thats my opinion, check it out and draw conclusions for yourself:

Rise Again by Sheun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcUoj-S8iio

Stand by Sheun: http://www.youtube.com/v/PxNcVVKdL0c
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by MRIDE(m): 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2008
so did anyone listen to the mixtape posted above?
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by nosa101(f): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2008
MR_I_DE:

so did anyone listen to the mixtape posted above?
I am not because you are mindlessly spamming every thread
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by MRIDE(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2008
IT.S NOT SPAMMING IF YOUR KEEPING TRACK WISE GUY. IF I WASN'T SERIOUS ABOUT MY MUSIC I WOULDN'T SIT DOWN AND POST ON THREADS I FEEL BEST APPEAL TO ME AND WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH. pLEASE DON'T CALL WHAT I DO SPAMMING. i WORK TO HARD ON THE DAMN PRESENTATION TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED. jUST DO ME A COURTESY AND DOWNLOD THE TAPE LISTEN TO IT GOT OT THE WEPAGE AND WATCH THE VIDEO, IF YOU STILL FEEL THE WAY YOU DO THEN IT IS WHAT IT IS. I'M ABOUT MAKING PEOPLE BELIEVERS.
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by RichDad1(m): 12:37am On Feb 12, 2008
Masebinusimi-----Clench
I love you--------Kunle Kuti
Nothing comes easy-----clench
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by nosa101(f): 1:44am On Feb 12, 2008
MR_I_DE:

IT.S NOT SPAMMING IF YOUR KEEPING TRACK WISE GUY. IF I WASN'T SERIOUS ABOUT MY MUSIC I WOULDN'T SIT DOWN AND POST ON THREADS I FEEL BEST APPEAL TO ME AND WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH. pLEASE DON'T CALL WHAT I DO SPAMMING. i WORK TO HARD ON THE DAMN PRESENTATION TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED. jUST DO ME A COURTESY AND DOWNLOD THE TAPE LISTEN TO IT GOT OT THE WEPAGE AND WATCH THE VIDEO, IF YOU STILL FEEL THE WAY YOU DO THEN IT IS WHAT IT IS. I'M ABOUT MAKING PEOPLE BELIEVERS.
You created a thread about this already. By thread hijacking every other thread, you are mindlessly spamming. And it's really annoying especially when your post holds relevance to the topic at hand.
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by jegede12: 3:32am On Feb 12, 2008
You should check out this guy Lanre'. He has some great songs!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVkcjZRfRQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-Sb4T7zlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2F78nAseA

myspace,com/officiallanre

He's good!
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by rume(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2008
damseremie:

Well Heres a little known artiste who i believe has some excellent songs. But thats my opinion, check it out and draw conclusions for yourself:

Rise Again by Sheun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcUoj-S8iio

Stand by Sheun: http://www.youtube.com/v/PxNcVVKdL0c

TRUE!
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by Mindless(m): 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2008
;d
Re: Tight But Unpopular Naija Jams by GUNNER(f): 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2008

(1) (2) (Reply)

Storm Records! / VIDEO : Kcee – Limpopo / Mode9 Is A Thief Jare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.