Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? (18026 Views)

Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Shared Domestic Responsibilities Vs. Having Househelps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by kunzel(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
bjcole: tell them, no wonder some of them cant hold on to one man. My wife never allow me to eat maid's food.
My boda the thin taya me o! See I can do any domestic work, any at all including cooking cus that's the way I was brought up, but I can never accept a shared responsibility condition from any woman. I will always make you understand that if I do it, I do I cus I love & appreciate you and not my responsibility so you wont get used to it. i am a typical african man and i wont let a woman take that away from me. if the chores are too much for her, i would rather get her a maid to help her out!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill: You guys. . .I know you are joking but honestly this LONDON COOPERATIVE DAYCARE sounds like a very very good idea. I think you should really look into it. Like play, like play it can become something big oh!

And Coogar not one word! I know you are going to say. . .from cooperative meat sharing to cooperative daycaring! I know it so don't you dare!! cheesy cheesy

another association again on our table? chimo!!!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
So feeling this thread o.

@Coogar, na you be dis? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ihedinobi: So feeling this thread o.

@Coogar, na you be dis? shocked shocked shocked

live & direct.....
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
coogar:

live & direct.....

Corret man! grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by armyofone(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
I'm begining to loathe cooking nigerian meals. too much work. Thank God I moved the wedding date grin i can change my mind bo.

What is your purpose at home? Work? i will work. Baby making? Thank God for frozen egg and akamu. Money, I got it...so what's your theme as a guy if you can't cook or do household chore?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 12:03am On Nov 10, 2012
armyofone: I'm begining to loathe cooking nigerian meals. too much work. Thank God I moved the wedding date grin i can change my mind bo.

What is your purpose at home? Work? i will work. Baby making? Thank God for frozen egg and akamu. Money, I got it...so what's your theme as a guy if you can't cook or do household chore?

frozen egg and akamu isn't regular sex - you lose! grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by armyofone(m): 12:26am On Nov 10, 2012
well, you can be replaced w/ that machine/electric thomas they sell at the mall grin just a plug and vroooooooooooooooooooom.

coogar:

frozen egg and akamu isn't regular sex - you lose! grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 12:39am On Nov 10, 2012
armyofone: well, you can be replaced w/ that machine/electric thomas they sell at the mall grin just a plug and vroooooooooooooooooooom.

but i have been told by several women it doesn't feel the same...
first off, you risk copping carpal tunnel syndrome on your wrist bone with your machine....your machine has no cumshots.....hell, your machine won't provide that heat/warmth the body contact of a male specie would provide.......nothing can replace a man in the bedroom - cartilage is different from plastic.....

armyofone - you lose! grin wink
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by EfemenaXY: 12:58am On Nov 10, 2012
What a thread!

Coogar, d'you know how to cook, clean & look after a baby?? cheesy tongue
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 1:03am On Nov 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: What a thread!

Coogar, d'you know how to cook, clean & look after a baby?? cheesy tongue

cook? no
clean? yes
look after my baby? yes
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by EfemenaXY: 1:18am On Nov 10, 2012
^^ 66.667%.

You need to up your game Oga. cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 1:24am On Nov 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ 66.667%.
You need to up your game Oga. cheesy

up my game and learn how to cook? i'm too old for that......
definitely, i would help in the kitchen to cut tough pieces of meat and make myself useful here and there - but the actual cooking is not my forte!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by EfemenaXY: 1:28am On Nov 10, 2012
^^ So would you do if wifey is incapacitated or has travelled?

You gonna feed your kids with junk / fast foods??
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by coogar: 1:36am On Nov 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ So would you do if wifey is incapacitated or has travelled?
You gonna feed your kids with junk / fast foods??

if my wifey travels - then a short trip to eko restaurant is all i need
a big plastic container of stew with assorted meat for a week is less than £30. freeze it and take portion by portion to microwave. boil some rice and its happy days!

heck - there are about 15 chinese restaurants around me - order and eat! why kill myself in the kitchen? inhale spicy steam, have my eyes in tears, cough and sneeze all because of a week's stew? much ado about nothing!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by EfemenaXY: 1:39am On Nov 10, 2012
Methinks the gentleman doth protest.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by wildorchid(f): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2012
401kk: Most men don't like doing house chores, even if they are capable of doing it.

Like women were born to do house chores?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by bukatyne(f): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
What an intense tread. As a poster once said, I don't know how men would claim to genuinely their wives and would watch them sweat it out all over the house. I also don't understand the rationale behind a man not doing domestic chores in HIS home. Anyways, everyone to his/her own.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by felsic: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
Doing laundry manually can be time consuming and energy sapping. But with the help of Mobile Washer laundry is a lot easier. Take a look at www.mobilewasher.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by MrsChima(f): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2013
They should! It's their home too!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
I wish they will or make provision for some.women r suffering really. I pity some women.its not easy
Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by ireneidiva(f): 4:24am On Aug 02, 2013
You should know the kind of person you are getting married to in the first place. Can't marry the typical african man,he should remain in his fathers house so that his mother will continue cooking for him.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? by anucha20natasha: 7:11am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello good day. I am Natasha. There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20ANU500
It's all free. It's for everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? / How Lagos Couple Died In Fire, By Neighbours (photos) / Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.