Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? (1910 Views)

Ronaldinho, The Only Player On Earth To Change A Red Card To Yellow. Pics!! / Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo / Who Deserves World Best Player Btw Messi Nd Ronaldo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Belewu: 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2008
With Ronaldo scoring 27 goals this season so far, 19 in the league is an unbelievable feat for a midfielder. With outstanding performances week in wek out for ManU and recently putting in arguably the best free kick ever seen in premier league history, can we say Ronaldo has finally topped Kaka? Is he now truly the best player on the planet?
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by ayusman16(m): 1:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
Na FIFA nominate am as the best player of the planet or abi na scummies' decision
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Chacal: 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2008
Without a shadow of doubt, RONALDO is the best player that has ever graced the Premiership.
He is light years ahead of any player that has played in this league.
It will take another 30 years for any midfielder to break his current tally of goals in the Premiership.

This kid has got an unlimited number of tricks up his sleeve, defenders dont know what's he gonna do.
He takes a penalty better than any player i have ever seen.
The lad can kick a ball and he is aerial prowess cannot be questioned.

ALL HAIL KING RONALDO. wink
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2008
He is the best and the sexiest.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by cooljoe(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2008
At the moment, Crisatano rules the world, but his winning the FIFA world player of the year award will depend on how well Portugal performs in Euro 2008.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by eleshin(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2008
presently he is the best player on the planet,lets shun sentiment and face reality christiano is just too good.just like cooljoe said,he can only win the FIFA world best if he continue in this form for portugar during the euro 2008 competition but till then he is far head of kaka or any other player you can think of!
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by segunpc(m): 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2008
Without a shadow of doubt, RONALDO is the best player that has ever graced the Premiership.
He is light years ahead of any player that has played in this league.
It will take another 30 years for any midfielder to break his current tally of goals in the Premiership.

This kid has got an unlimited number of tricks up his sleeve, defenders don't know what's he going to do.
He takes a penalty better than any player i have ever seen.
The lad can kick a ball and he is aerial prowess cannot be questioned.

ALL HAIL KING RONALDO.

eric cantona

george best

thiery henry

ect.

or maybe u re a kid and ve not heard of these guys angry
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by segunpc(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2008
presently he is the best player on the planet,lets shun sentiment and face reality christiano is just too good.just like cooljoe said,he can only win the FIFA world best if he continue in this form for portugar during the euro 2008 competition but till then he is far head of kaka or any other player you can think of!

when u said far ahead of kaka. did u mean ricardo isaacson dos santos leite?

if yes then u ve typhoid fever angry
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by folahann(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
Well, he's the best against teams he's best known playing against
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Chacal: 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ segunpc,

Ma age has nuthing to do with this discussion, stupid.
Name me any 22-year-old in the history of the Prem that has been able to take football to this level.
From being the most hated figure in the UK to the most admired player takes some hard work . . . . .

The media kept slating him and he kept his head down to let his football do the talking.
Y'all can say all u want but Henry, Cantona or Zola has nothing on this kid.
The only player in England that has the same efficiency on the left wing and the right wing.

U might have to thaw out the 2 brain-cells in ur cranium to understand why Ronaldo is the best player on the planet.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by ndubest(m): 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2008
Ronaldo is surely on fire and may be regarded as the best player at the moment smiley smiley

However what gives you the best player crown is the Big Stage Performance
Like champions league, european championship or world cup or doing well against the big four in the league

brace or hat trick against the likes of wigan and portsmuoth will surely not give him the laurel

May be he should consider at the moment moving over to the mega clubs where the FIFA best players always emante from

BARCELONA
REAL MADRID
AC MILAN
INTER MILAN
JUVENTUS

No offense to Man U smiley smiley smiley but you can just check the history books

If not his dream may not come true in that quest for best player in the world cheesy cheesy

At best he will come second (he may ask henry why he left for Barca though too late now grin grin grin)
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Chacal: 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ ndubest,

It seems what u know is less than what u don't know.
AC MILAN, INTER MILAN and JUVENTUS . . . . .Why do u guys talk as if there are no shitty teams in Serie A and La Liga as well.
It beggars belief when people talk from their ass all the time to defend what is not . . . . .
How is Wigan different to Torino, Empoli or Cagliari?
In other words . . .It is fyne by Kaka to score against these teams but its wrong for Ronaldo to score against Wigan and Birmingham?

The way people think these days is appaling. Is Global warming affecting the human brain as well?
Technically, u are saying Serie A is better than the EPL and that to me is the most moronic statement anyone can spew in 2008.
Same Italian football, where the commentators have to scream so LOUD when there's a throw-in to make it exciting.

Backwards football like their tanks in the WORLD WAR. How many teams in the Serie A are still in the Champions league?
Everytime i am suffering insomnia i thank God for Italian footie, there is no sure fire quicker way to get to sleep than watching italian football.
At least in the English league sides don't have to pay to get results, well unless you are Arsenal of course.
Do everyone a favour by keeping your warped opinion to yourself. You spew more bunkum than Folahann.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tosinadeda: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2008
Ure a dumbass,does kaka only against them low teams in serie A?
The fact is that ronaldo chickens out at the big moment,so y shld he be world best wen he doesnt make any impression against teams of manutds calibre.
@the guy dat said ronaldo is best eva to grace the epl,thats very funny u know.
Wut haps to d like of henry and ruudboy
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tkb417(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
Ure a dumbass,does kaka only against them low teams in serie A?
The fact is that ronaldo chickens out at the big moment,so y shld he be world best when he doesnt make any impression against teams of manutds calibre.
@the guy that said ronaldo is best eva to grace the epl,thats very funny u know.
Wut haps to d like of henry and ruudboy

on the contrary, ure the dumbest. . .check the games between AC and Juve, Inter and Roma this season and pick Kaka out.
he was nowhere to be found.

You people should get ur records straight b4 u start spewing bollocks.

Ronaldo is the highest goal scorer in the EPL and even one of the highest in europe right now, thats if hes not even the highest and you people will say he hasnt done it in the big stage.

OK, how come hes got 5 goals in the UCL and the only player sharing that with him is Ibrahimovic. Or the UCL is not a big stage anymore?
schmuks!!!
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tosinadeda: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
Ure a slowpoke, we talking scoring against big teams at crucial moments.
Where was ronaldo last season when kaka was dis uniting man utd?
We all know dat ronaldo chickens out at big occasions so y compare him with kaka.
He might be d best in d epl 4 now but not in d world
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tkb417(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2008
Ure a slowpoke, we talking scoring against big teams at crucial moments.
Where was ronaldo last season when kaka was this uniting man utd?
We all know that ronaldo chickens out at big occasions so y compare him with kaka.
He might be d best in d epl 4 now but not in d world

im sure ure a dullard!!! is Ronaldo competing for the last year award?
Kaka this season and Ronaldo this season idiot!!!

Ronaldo has 27 goals this season in january not last season foolish boi, he has 5 goals in the UCL this season not last season.

I asked you, where was kaka in the big games in serie A this season?
you have no clue cos ur dad didnt buy u a TV
mumu. Go and read ur complete sports and argue with ur fellow beer parlour comrades no be me
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Chacal: 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Tosinadeda,

In the community of mental-handicaps, u are the chairman.
What a load of drivel and applesauce from a cretin . . . .
Ronaldo chickens out in big games my ass . . . . . .Is Ronaldo a striker?
Why compare someone playing in wide position to a support striker if u have any brains at all . . . . . . .
How many times has Figo, Seedorf or any other winger score this season . . . . . .

Same Ronaldo scored against AC Milan, Roma and fuckever last season.
He has 100% goal ratio in all competitions this season as a winger and u idiots keep saying he chickens out in big games.
How many WINGERS score in huge games? When was the last time Hleb, Rosicky or Walcott scored in any big game.
This is a midfielder that has broken a huge barrier by hitting his 19th league goal in January and yet u ignoramus keep saying he chickens out in games.
Jealousy and Envy has blinded u lots and a huge smoke of stupidity has beclouded your senses.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2008
Platini To Ronaldo: Prove Yourself On The Big Stage

UEFA president and former French footballing legend Michel Platini has issued a challenge to Cristiano Ronaldo, saying the phenomenal winger must produce his unstoppable form on the grand stage of this summer's European Championships to be a truly great player,

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=569529

What more can I say,
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Chacal: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Platini is a donkey for spewing this trumpery.
Ronaldo lit up EURO 2004 four years ago so i don't see any reason why he won't have a good performance this time around.
I am backing him to have another outstanding tournament this summer.

Ma problem is with these idiots at FIFA/UEFA . . . . .
Ronaldo has to prove himself in EURO 2008 and reh reh reh.
George Weah won European Awards and FIFA awards and he never played in the WORLD CUP or even African Cup of Nations as at 1995.
Tell me . . . . . .how contradictory are the theories of getting this award if it's not political?
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tosinadeda: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2008
Chacal:

@ Tosinadeda,

In the community of mental-handicaps, u are the chairman.
What a load of drivel and applesauce from a cretin . . . .
Ronaldo chickens out in big games my ass . . . . . .Is Ronaldo a striker?
Why compare someone playing in wide position to a support striker if u have any brains at all . . . . . . .
How many times has Figo, Seedorf or any other winger score this season . . . . . .

Same Ronaldo scored against AC Milan, Roma and fuckever last season.
He has 100% goal ratio in all competitions this season as a winger and u idiots keep saying he chickens out in big games.
How many WINGERS score in huge games? When was the last time Hleb, Rosicky or Walcott scored in any big game.
This is a midfielder that has broken a huge barrier by hitting his 19th league goal in January and yet u ignoramus keep saying he chickens out in games.
Jealousy and Envy has blinded u lots and a huge smoke of stupidity has beclouded your senses.

save all ur grammer o.
the point remains that he chickens out in big matches period, support striker or winger, he is a goal scoring midfielder.
let him score goals in big matches wen utd needs it

by the way i never said he wasnt good, every1 knows he is good
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Chacal: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Tosinadeda,

You must be suffering from a brain tumor.
Ronaldo does not really play in a position where he can influence games like Scholes, Kaka or Fabregas.
He plays too wide to make serious impact in any game . . . .

READ THIS FROM YOUR MANAGER(ARSENE WENGER)

The Arsenal manager admits Ronaldo would get his vote for Footballer of the Year, based purely on the last 12 months up to now.
"I did not expect Ronaldo to score as many as he did because he plays on the wing," said Wenger.

"Someone asked me what is the difference between Ronaldo and Lionel Messi?
It is the goals. Messi is more of a dribbler in a very short space, but Ronaldo is good in the air, good on free-kicks, right foot, left foot. He has developed very well.

"Another quality Ronaldo has is he is healthy. He does not miss games. He has missed less games than [Wayne] Rooney and Messi in the last two years. He can take the kicks."

You can check the link here . . . .    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3101423,00.html

I HOPE THAT ENDS THIS DISCUSSION.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by teemoe(m): 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2008
hate him or love him king cristiano is doing incredible things, he is having the kind of seasons other mifielders only dream about, he is just too much
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by odada(m): 12:02am On Feb 02, 2008
I concur ,he's the best grin grin grin
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by cooljoe(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2008
Its not sound to say Ronaldo just as it will is the best player to have graced the premiership, whatever happened to the Thiery of Henry's, the Eric of Cantona's. Ronaldo will have place in the all time list if he continues like this in the seasons to come. One even forgets to mention the combative and ever loved duo of Patrick Viera and Roy Keane, this two dominate most premiership XI all time list I've seen.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by davidif: 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2008
No doubt about it, this guy is pretty hot right now, but for him to be better than Kaka he has to lead his team to the champions league final like Kaka almost single handedly did and he also has to set the Euros on fire during the summer. However, having said all that, the guy would have won the award if only he didn't dissappear when his team needed him like the FA cup final and the 2nd leg semi final against AC Milan.
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by bosunk: 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2008
u see when fifa named messi as second best people were shouting,if u watch the classico match u will know that ronaldo wee una they shout.na small boy to am grin
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tommyex(m): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2008
Yes if an award is given(not d newcastle keeper) today RONALDO will sure win it,But MESSI was d best b4 injury took him off thank God he is back,so lets watch and see Its too early to call.I hope he does beta in UCL matches this time cos those are the ones that are watched 'more globally' and where more points are scored.

I actually love d guy so much though i am an arsenal fan
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by dayokanu(m): 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2008
u see when fifa named messi as second best people were shouting,if u watch the classico match u will know that ronaldo wee una they shout.na small boy to am Grin

But if you watch Newcastle, Derby County, Portsmouth and Fulham you would agree that Ronaldo is a big Arrow for the small games and never for the big ones
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Opoki(m): 12:22am On Feb 04, 2008
Lets leae sentiment and face the reality, [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
[flash=200,200][/flash][b][/b]
RONALDO IS THE BEST FOR NOW,
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by Ibime(m): 4:12am On Feb 04, 2008
Men! Segun & Tosinadeda, abeg relax yourself. I am a Chelsea fan myself but I have to say that Ronaldo is the greatest player I have ever seen and I dey watch football properly since Senegal '92 . From the first day I saw him playing Portugal Under-21 before Man Utd signed him, I wanted to write mr Abramovich and beg him to sign Ronaldo for us.

Basically, Ronaldo is a one man wrecking machine. He is the only player that plays two positions at the same time. Right wing and striker. He is so fast coming off the wing that he makes up another striker. And he also defends as well. Righ back to his eighteen yard box. Messi and Kaka don't even cross the half way line because their clubs give them the freedom. Plus they can never score or assist like Ronaldo. Man Utd IS a one man team. Let them play any game without Ronaldo and see how they struggle.

I remember when Portugal lost to France in WC. According to WorldSoccer magazine, Ronaldo launched a one-man assault on France whilst his team mates were overawed by the opposition. Roma players even said they were begging Ronaldo to take it easy on them last season. My guy, if you don't know the truth, then know it now. Ronaldo is the G.O.A.T and time will prove it. Don't blame him for playing for a weak team like Portugal.

And Segun, how dare you call Cantona's name in comparison? Cantona is not respected outside England! Even Zola outshone him when he landed in 1997. Cantona used to shine when there no foreigners in England, before the English knew anything about tricks and skills and their whole style was long ball. Look, even George Best, Man Utd's greatest ever player said: "Many players have been called the new George Best, but only till Ronaldo was it a compliment to me.". And George Best died two years ago, even before Ronaldo started shining like this. Abeg Fashi, Ronaldo is the G.O.A.T. Pele and Maradonna better watch out!
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by tkb417(m): 6:31am On Feb 04, 2008
@Tosinadeda
read ur posts very well and think if u make sence at all. . .im sure u know more than wengay.
MOFO
Re: Christiano Ronaldo - The Best Player On The Planet? by seunspice(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2008
We all know the unpredictability of life. Ronaldo has started well this season, i hope he ends well. However, i hope he truly matures into the best in the world. For now, it seems to me that if an England based player would win the FIFA player of the year award it has to be him. No player in europe (where the major considerations are made) has been in the same vein of form. As per that free kick being the best as someone said , Highly disputable by me cause i have seen free kicks and have seen free kicks. i was highly disappointed by SAF's comments about that.
The major trumpeter in Ronaldo's cause has been SAF, and while i accept the fact that you have to urge your wards on, i think it is not too good to over hype them, we all saw how disappointed Ronny was st the last FIFA gala, not just to losing out to Kaka but being beaten to third place by Messi. i think that is what is urging him on this season. Come end of the 2007/2008 season though, i see a thin line between him and Adebayor for the PFA player of the year with Fabregas not too far behind. By the way Fabregas started this season in superb form too, his inconsistency in goal is just an indication of how Arsenal has improved over time ( they dont need him to score all the time although he still gets his goals when it matters). I am a UNITED FAN and i hope we still have domestic relevance in terms of titles at the end of the season but if Manchester united does not win the UCL this year and Portugal does not do well at the Euros, Ronaldo's form would count for nothing at the next FIFA gala.
'it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for an England based footballer to be FIFA player of the year ' believe me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Largest Stadium / Pogba Voted Best Player As France Win World Cup / The Main Reason Why Chelsea Have Not Been able To Sell Fernando Torres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.