Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? (5229 Views)

Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results / My Younger Brother's Wedding Plan Is Having Issues, Please Advise Me / What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by stillme(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2012
I know it is very common to have some sorts of misunderstand when making wedding plan.

The issues of type of rings to buy, price of wedding gown,aso ebi e.t.c always cause disagreement if not careful can have effect on wedding day.

Mine was the ring. Imagine spending huge amount of money on ring make me sick.

What caused disagreement in your own wedding plan?

1 Like

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 09, 2012
'

1 Like

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 09, 2012
stillme: I know it is very common to have some sorts of misunderstand when making wedding plan. The issues of type of rings to buy,price of wedding gown,aso ebi e.t.c always cause disagreement if not careful can have effect on wedding day.
Mine was ring. Imagine,spending huge amount of money on ring make me sick.

It shouldn't. Unlike the wedding gown and other accessories, the wedding rings will last for your life time, if you buy a good one!
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by feminineA: 9:38am On Nov 09, 2012
Reason for this disagreement is that every woman wants her wedding to be the very best. A fairly tale or a dream wedding as such and anything that's diviating this dream will be contended with
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Ramcie(f): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2012
Presently my disagreement is that, I don't want a BIG wedding . I want my wedding to be as simple as possible but my people are not seeing reasons with me. It's their money they would spend not mine but still, I want a small wedding. I believe it's how I live my life after the wedding that matters and not how big the wedding is. I don't care what people would say I prefer them giving me that money so that I can rely on it immediately after the wedding. This is my battle presently and I would keep stressing it over and over again.

5 Likes

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by testament007: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2012
undecided
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by emmabest2000(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2012
disagreement comes up during wedding planing only when there is short of money , if there enough money everything will go well without any disagreemnt . my own opinion though!
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by JahMan1: 11:28am On Nov 09, 2012
Nothing.
We prayed before planning.
Have you done that?
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by hrhobi1(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2012
Ramcie: Presently my disagreement is that, I don't want a BIG wedding . I want my wedding to be as simple as possible but my people are not seeing reasons with me. It's their money they would spend not mine but still, I want a small wedding. I believe it's how I live my life after the wedding that matters and not how big the wedding is. I don't care what people would say I prefer them giving me that money so that I can rely on it immediately after the wedding. This is my battle presently and I would keep stressing it over and over again.

Hmmmm How many lady's reason d way you do ?, let me count ,hmmmmm none. you are guy .

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Ramcie(f): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2012
hrhobi1:

Hmmmm How many lady's reason d way you do ?, let me count ,hmmmmm none. you are guy .

Am a woman not a man.
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Nuezha(m): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2012
DOWRY - It was reviewed upward for no tangible reason.
If not for LOVE...
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by FLYFIRE(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2012
A godly counsel saved the day for us. It was about the number of people on the high table. The problem was who should be with us on the high table & how many from both families. The problem was solved when an elder advised that only our parents, the chairman & his wife should....and it WORKED grin grin grin. No one grumbled.
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Angel778(f): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ramcie: Presently my disagreement is that, I don't want a BIG wedding . I want my wedding to be as simple as possible but my people are not seeing reasons with me. It's their money they would spend not mine but still, I want a small wedding. I believe it's how I live my life after the wedding that matters and not how big the wedding is. I don't care what people would say I prefer them giving me that money so that I can rely on it immediately after the wedding. This is my battle presently and I would keep stressing it over and over again.
that is my stand too. I trust my own people to respect my wish 4 they knw hw strict and determine i can be.
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by calculusx(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
my own dis-agreement was spending huge amount of money on decoration, 400k on decoration made me sick
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by UBAJOYCE(f): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
calculusx: my own dis-agreement was spending huge amount of money on decoration, 400k on decoration made me sick
Well I am a Decorator & if your hall was big and crowd up to 300 or 500 then u shldnt be upset.
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by safeLove(f): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nuezha: DOWRY - It was reviewed upward for no tangible reason.
If not for LOVE...

Lolls!! Na budget? Nyways,like you said,if not for love. Nwe ndidi nwannem nwoke! Its gon' blow over when she hands you that cup of wine on your trad day!
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by omiobo: 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mine was that we must be counseled before wedding day which I turned down because I know they will tell me to be leaking her a.s .s everyday.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by baby124: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
Crowd, aso ebi, and caterer cool. I am a perfectionist, so OMG! Everything and every tiny detail is a big deal. No matter how small the wedding may be. I like quality things. undecided
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
My mother...

And it was for no reasonable reason. Just that she is the mother of the groom so must call the shots
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by AmenJoan(f): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
I learnt something from a movie titled "our family wedding". Its your marriage, but their wedding. This is true especially in Africa.
My contentions were with venue & decorations, hubby thought twas too xpensive. Then the rings, we ordered for them & paid. We were disappointed when they arrived. Since d lady was a friend of hubby's family could say much. Plan to trade them in for berra ones for our anniversary.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by reeeT(f): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
[quote author=emma_best2000]disagreement comes up during wedding planing only when there is short of money , if there enough money everything will go well without any disagreemnt . my own opinion though! I agree with you.most times,money is the problem and you will findout couples fighting and getting mad unnecessarily.the gospel truth is shortage of cash...
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by pedestal82(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
If not for LOVE...
​​​=))º°˚˚˚°ºђåª•ђåª•ђåªº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))! If not for love, u for leave their pikin for them!
She is Igbo abi ?
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Connoisseur(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
calculusx: my own dis-agreement was spending huge amount of money on decoration, 400k on decoration made me sick

wtf 400k on decor then food nd drinks shd top like 2 mila
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Connoisseur(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
·
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Kajiang02(m): 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2012

Hmnnnnnnn.
i don dey fear oooooo
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by ziediolike(m): 12:22am On Nov 10, 2012
When she wantz 2 hav d wedin in Taj mahal, and wants to use up our lyf savings on it..
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Nov 10, 2012
feminine A: Reason for this disagreement is that every woman wants her wedding to be the very best. A fairly tale or a dream wedding as such and anything that's diviating this dream will be contended with

Speak for yourself please. Not every woman out there cares about such things.
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by azeezakande: 4:29am On Nov 10, 2012
The reply I read so far made me to believe NL is worth it after all. Good job to every1
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Mynd44: 6:27am On Nov 10, 2012
Ujujoan:

It shouldn't. Unlike the wedding gown and other accessories, the wedding rings will last for your life time, if you buy a good one!

I believe that. Things like the ring are actually more important than the gown and cake cos they are thing you might end up wearing everyday for about 15 years. But people ignore it cos they think it is small.
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Mynd44: 6:29am On Nov 10, 2012
Jah Man: Nothing.
We prayed before planning.
Have you done that?
Dude, ir you like pray until next year, disagreements will come

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Mynd44: 6:32am On Nov 10, 2012
If not for LOVE...
Dowry or bride price?
They are actually different.

The dowry are the things a woman takes to her husbands house. Items her parents bought for her or she bought herself

the bride price is the money a husband pays to the parents of a child before marrying her
Re: What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 10, 2012
Anything can go wrong anywhere!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fathers-daughters Bond / What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? / Would You Take Your Kids To This Boarding Schools?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.