Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,809 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness (2151 Views)

Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. / The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
We need more likes please
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by stevecantrell: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
I saw the page.
You guys should get more creative with it if you want more likes. Change the profile pic for starters.
Its a good idea anyway.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
steve_cantrell: I saw the page.
You guys should get more creative with it if you want more likes. Change the profile pic for starters.
Its a good idea anyway.

thank you. Any suggestions please, like what kind of profile picture should we use.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
“Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.”
J.D Salinger
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
Warrior
A person who beyond all obstacles still manages to be successful.
A warrior will often be troubled in life, but will persevere in the end. Socially, a Warrior will often be down to earth, functioning entirely off of what they perceive as logic. While this can lead to arrogance and stubbornness, a Warrior has a soft center, and can be befriended with ease by anyone knowing how to reach it.
Often intelligent, strong, determined, and skillful, a Warrior, despite whatever problems they may have, is perfect.
In their own way, each Warrior is perfect.

The Challenges of Sickle Cell Disease makes us the more determined to succeed.

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by stevecantrell: 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
Abali1:

thank you. Any suggestions please, like what kind of profile picture should we use.

Its not solely a picture issue, its a s l o g a n issue.

Change your pic but also the slogan.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2012
steve_cantrell:

Its not solely a picture issue, its a s l o g a n issue.

Change your pic but also the slogan.

Like our page and I will get Deco to make you an admin. We really need all the help we can get.
What we are doing is to help create awareness and we need every available help we can get.
Thank You.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 7:21am On Nov 16, 2012
Praise the Lord, my protector!
He trains me for BATTLE and prepares me for WAR

Psalm 144:1

Goodmorning people, I hope we are all healthy and strong.

1 Like

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2012
Some didn't wake up this morning, but you did. So congratulation.
Every day comes with its own unique challenges and responsibilities.
we live our lives battling these challenges that we face each day knowing that anything and everything is a challenge.
Warriors are some of the strongest people because by shere determination, a resilient spirit and a never-say-never kind of attitude we are able to achieve our dreams and live our lives the best we can.
I affirm that we are Warriors. We are strong. We are intelligent people. We are beautiful people. Above all we are Success Stories.
Our battles with Sickle Cell Disease is one of our success stories. We live a life filled with battle cries and we come out of these wars being the Heroes/ Heroines that you see today.

1 Like

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2012
I am once again forced to update this thread.

This morning I woke up to the news that Zulai Buhari is dead. I saw this on NL front page. Before I could read past 3 pages, someone has already mentioned that she died of sickle cell disease. I checked other online sites and they are all attributing her death to sickle cell disease.

I don't know the late Zulai, but I feel that making a conclusion that her death is as a result of SCD is kind of wrong.

Does it mean that someone who is born with SCD cannot die a natural death or a death that has nothing to do with sickle cell complications?
Does it mean that other women who are not SS do not have child birth complications?

Once again, Sickle cell is being portrayed in a wrong light in the media....

Creating awareness is still the way to go.... you can decide to make your voice be heard or you can decide to be mute.... it is your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 1:17am On Oct 26, 2013
www.lindaikeji..com/2013/10/jumia-supports-breast-cancer-foundation.html?m=1
JUMIA , Nigeria’s leading online retailer and this year’s World Retail Award Winner, partners with 234Give to support the International Cancer Month. A substantial percentage of proceedings made during the Pink Week are given to the “Breast Cancer Foundation of Nigeria: BRECAN”

Two days ago, our air waves and most bloggers really did well in creating and spreading more awareness about breast cancer. The campaign for awareness is really gathering storm in the media, and I must commend organisations like Jumia for identifying with this campaign for breast cancer awareness.
Hmmmmmmm.....
But this also got me wishing that people (Organisations) will also get more informed about Sickle Cell Disease and help spread the awareness even if its just a quater of the awareness Cancer is getting, it will really make a huge difference.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nuskin Products in Lagos / PLEASE READ!: 14 Sexually Transmitted Diseases And Their Symptoms / Help !what Drugs Can One Use To Cure The Eye Disease Locally Called '' APOLLO''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.