Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness (2142 Views)

Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. / The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 9:58am On Nov 09, 2012
MOD's please forgive me if this is the wrong section for this topic. Thank you.

This is a follow up to the thread, "Facts & Myths About SCD"
This thread became important, because I believe that one of the ways to create awareness and enlightenment the public about SCD is by putting a human face to it.
So many people are afraid about to talk about the health conditions with "strangers". Am not one of those people, because I believe it's a bonus to know what ailment that one suffers from and also to learn anything and everything one can about such ailment.
I am will to leave my email contact on this thread, and as time goes on I may actually leave my phone number.
Please, I have said it before am not a Medical Doctor. So what ever information I may give, verify with your Doctor.
Am willing to let people know how I have managed my health condition.
I will not at any time demand Money or any other form of compensation, for information I give. Freely I recieve, Freely will I give.
abiaaba4@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Briareos(m): 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Kudos Abali!
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Briareos: Kudos Abali!

I saw your second mail, thank you for being so interested. I wll try my best to see if I can get other SCD warriors to make their input on this thread. Expecially getting them to leave their mail address here.
If we can get 20 or more interested people in this "project SCD awareness" we can pick it up from there.

Please house, interest in this project is free and voluntarily. It is born out of a selfless desire to help correct some old myths about SCD and also to let people know that there are indeed people who have SCD and yet live a normal life.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Idowuogbo(f): 12:09am On Nov 10, 2012
Wia is deco and odas?

Well done abail!
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 1:49am On Nov 10, 2012
I am here...*hands up*

Nice...

*smiles*
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 2:07am On Nov 10, 2012
My email is decoslim@gmail.com
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 2:10am On Nov 10, 2012
Or add me on BBM

If we are going on with d forum...

I don't mind I can get us one...

But I will use a free domain like

Any-name-will-choose.tk for now....
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2012
deco_slim: Or add me on BBM

If we are going on with d forum...

I don't mind I can get us one...

But I will use a free domain like

Any-name-will-choose.tk for now....

Deco, I believe we need our own forum. But for now, why don't we create a FB fanpage and try to draw traffic from there, then we can move on with our domain name.
I will be sending you a PM soon.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 8:10am On Nov 10, 2012
I think an active facebook group would be better...

What's ur say
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2012
Ok...when do we need d fanpage...but I was thinking of a group too...facebook group
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 8:32am On Nov 10, 2012
deco_slim: Ok...when do we need d fanpage...but I was thinking of a group too...facebook group

Yes, we will get a group. But let's draw more traffic first from FB fanpage. Already there is one, SICKLE CELL WARRIORS on FB. But it is filled with people who are not Nigerian. So ours will be targetted mainly at the warriors in Nigeria or Nigerians who reside our side the country. Of course people from all over the world who are interested will be welcomed.

I sent you a PM.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 9:00am On Nov 10, 2012
This is an appeal to the MODs of this section, I will very much appreciate it if we can take this thread to the front page. Let's see if we can get people who are interested in joining our FB fan page.
Thank you.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2012
I am calling on all warriors and lovers of warriors who showed so much interest in the other thread "Facts and Myths About SCD to make their inputs on this thread.
This thread is a call to action. It is time we spread this awareness beyond NL.
Let's brain storm on a possible FB name and maybe a suitable picture/s for the fan page. You can email me at abiaaba4@gmail.com, or contact Deco at decoslim@gmail.com

I know some people will like to remain anonymous, that is why we are still using online medium to spread the awareness of SCD.
You can always create a new email, to help protect your identity.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Deep4321(m): 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hi, I am please to see some people are actually taking up health care in Nigeria. Well i am from India and working in one of the Reputed Institute. Well i would like to be the part of this topic and like to help people any health care related issue. I can also be contacted on deepanshu.thukral@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
Deep4321: Hi, I am please to see some people are actually taking up health care in Nigeria. Well i am from India and working in one of the Reputed Institute. Well i would like to be the part of this topic and like to help people any health care related issue. I can also be contacted on deepanshu.thukral@yahoo.com. Thanks

I sent you a PM.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Dreystar(f): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nice concept, how about a BBM group for those on bbm?
If deco can do something about that, I think that will be good too. Coupled with a fb group/page.
What's your take on that?
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
All options are okay..but we still need to decide...
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dreystar: Nice concept, how about a BBM group for those on bbm?
If deco can do something about that, I think that will be good too. Coupled with a fb group/page.
What's your take on that?

That will be a good Idea also.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
deco_slim: All options are okay..but we still need to decide...

Deco, am thinking of "Naija Sickle Cell Warriors" as a FB fanpage.
What do you think?
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
Goodday all warriors and lovers of warriors. Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Shallom.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2012
Good morning to the Warriors and lovers of warriors. May your week be a fulfilled one.
@deco_slim, I believe it's time we get this project rolling. Procastination is one of the vices I detest.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 6:32am On Nov 12, 2012
Good morning to the Warriors and lovers of warriors. May your week be a fulfilled one.
@deco_slim, I believe it's time we get this project rolling. Procastination is one of the vices I detest. Check you email.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Idowuogbo(f): 8:58am On Nov 12, 2012
Abali1: Good morning to the Warriors and lovers of warriors. May your week be a fulfilled one.
@deco_slim, I believe it's time we get this project rolling. Procastination is one of the vices I detest. Check you email.
Morning warrior! How u bin? I see ur countless efforts to get this project on d move, bear this in mind,if a goal is set properly...it's already half achieved.Keep it up bebe! am right behind ya rooting.

1 Like

Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 10:29am On Nov 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Morning warrior! How u bin? I see ur countless efforts to get this project on d move, bear this in mind,if a goal is set properly...it's already half achieved.Keep it up bebe! am right behind ya rooting.

thank you. I believe we can achieve any goal we set and are passionate about.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
Official Naija Sickle Cell Warrior Page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naija-Sickle-Cell-Warriors/453940418000596

Like and let me make you all admins
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
deco_slim: Official Naija Sickle Cell Warrior Page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naija-Sickle-Cell-Warriors/453940418000596

Like and let me make you all admins

Thanks Deco. I jsut liked the page.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
Guys you can now add me on Facebook with the I.D below

facebook.com/abali.abia
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by decoslim(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
Abali1: Guys you can now add me on Facebook with the I.D below

facebook.com/abali.abia

Ok, I will add u...I will soon make u admin...

So u can kick of the first warrior status post..

Right now am not on laptop
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Idowuogbo(f): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
I no get fb account o cry cry cry
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
Idowuogbo: I no get fb account o cry cry cry

Try create one naw.... At least to this project, U fit still remain anonymous if you want.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 5:23am On Nov 13, 2012
We can have faith in the future only if we have faith in ourselves.

Goodmorning to all warriors and lovers of warriors.
Re: Project Sickle Cell Disease Awareness by Abali1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
The Warrior team has decided to move a step further by creating the "NAIJA SICKLE CELL" facebook fan page. (I Deco, thank you).
If you will wish to join us on facebook, all you need to do is to click on the link below or copy it into your URL and Like our page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naija-Sickle-Cell- Warriors/453940418000596

(1) (2) (Reply)

RUZU BITTERS (Capsules & Liquid)... Natures Pure Miracle! Wholesale In Wuye- FCT / Bumps On The Penis Foreskin / A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.