Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

"I DO" [fiction] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "I DO" [fiction] (761 Views)

She Came with Hope - A Fiction. / The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction / Untitled Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I DO" [fiction] by xcalzy(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
As I stared into her eyes that Saturday afternoon, they priest slowly recited the wedding vows as it was my turn to utter the words "I do". I watched Stacy look deep into my eyes as i tried to scramble out the words from my mouth. "I...I...I...", I just couldn't say the words..at least not yet. Its been 8 months since i met Stacy. We actually met in a wedding; meite's wedding. Meitie is my very good friend. We have been friends since college. Despite his adventurous life with girls starting from our high school days, Meite could be said to be the lucky one. He ended up with Taffy; his college sweetheart. On that fateful day, as I was among the groom's men per say. I met Stacy. I wouldn't call it a "Love at first sight" thing but honestly that moment my life changed. She wasn't much of a drinker but rather a fun type of person. She the type of girl my friends call the "On-looker". She was very sensitive and cautious in whatever she does not withstanding the length it took. The rest is history now as i stand in the altar with Stacy in the presence of family, friends, well wishers & Khloe. How i wish i could take back time. Oh! Why would Khloe do this to me. Why??!!! I guess no one will give me an answer to that. || Well this is my story

Am Benardi Totello from New Jersey. Well my dad is From Irvington, while my mum is from Italy. I spent a couple of years in college trying to become an Editor. All my life as a teen i always wanted to be a Salesman just like my dad. My grandpa was a salesman. My great grand father was a salesman. I just hoped to continue the legacy. The "Totello Legacy" as grandpa Marxl would always say. He died few years back in an unsuccessful heart surgery. That's all I can remember about him... he was slowly fading into past memories. Despite the struggles I faced as a growing teenager, I didn't allow the loneliness and lack of love I got from my parents ruin my life. It was a tough life out there but i still held on to the only dream I had; being a salesman. It wasnt long till I admitted found my ground as a teen, soon i was living all alone far away from home. Though i really missed the normal feelings i get when am at home; the weather, the sight of the blueberry tree few kilometres from the house. We lived in a large but cool area in irvington. Many see me as a an introvert though there is more to their theory. My half American half Italian breed was predominantly in the city were i lived. Always thought i was the odd one out until i got to socialize and discovered i had "company". Life wasn't a bed of roses for me as i struggled to survive in the midst of obstacles and hardships which surrounded me.
http://xcalzyzaza.blog.com/category/story-time/
Re: "I DO" [fiction] by Cuddlemii: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hmmm. Love it!

Khloe must still have a very strong hold on you. You still have the hots for the poison ivy wink.

subscribing because it has something to do with a wedding.

1 Like

Re: "I DO" [fiction] by xcalzy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Cuddlemii: Hmmm. Love it!

Khloe must still have a very strong hold on you. You still have the hots for the poison ivy wink.

subscribing because it has something to do with a wedding.

*smiling* Should I complete it?
Re: "I DO" [fiction] by Cuddlemii: 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
xcalzy:

Yes! smiley

1 Like

Re: "I DO" [fiction] by IZUKWU(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
xcalzy:

please do. Nice story

1 Like

Re: "I DO" [fiction] by xcalzy(m): 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
IZUKWU: please do. Nice story

Aiite, thanks
Re: "I DO" [fiction] by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
**alsosubscribingtothisone**
Re: "I DO" [fiction] by dumodust(m): 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
good one... But there's a problem with the first scene, it was too short and some more description is needed.. We have no idea of how stacy looked, what was here reaction? He met her in mietie's wedding, how did it happen? Was it at first sight?
Good idea for a start...

1 Like

Re: "I DO" [fiction] by xcalzy(m): 2:35am On Nov 14, 2012
Thats a nice observation bro. Will try edit it. Thanks! cool

(1) (Reply)

Just For Him / Between “mediocre” & “mediocrity” In Nigerian English / Bed :))))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.