Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction (2454 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by amiebeauty(f): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
The Etisalat Prize For Flash Fiction is a writing competition sponsored by Etisalat. Contestants were told to write a story in 300 words. The story that receives the most votes wins.
There are lots of entries for the Etisalat Prize, but this is probably the best. Click here to read and VOTE a Nairalander to win the Etisalat prize for flash fiction.
http://etisalatprize.com/unforeseen/
thank you for voting...GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by amiebeauty(f): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
http://etisalatprize.com/unforeseen/
Below is an excerpt of the story.............. Nnaemeka Ugochukwu /
Nigeria
Title: Unforeseen
As I step into the house, it’s empty. At least it feels so. I bound up
the stairs two at a time and get to the landing.
I turn left headed to my studio.
I do not hear the sounds at first-maybe because I don’t expect it- but
it
slowly registers in my consciousness. I turn back and head to the
source of the sound; my bedroom. As I get closer, I get this eerie
feeling like they do in movies and I feel goosebumps all over.
The sound continues; tap tap tap.
The house is tiled and I make no sound as I walk towards the
door.
When I get to the door, it’s ajar. Nothing strange about that. Am not
particular about closing doors or bringing down the toilet cover.
The
sound stops as I touch the door handle. A loud silence envelopes
the
house.
If I were watching a movie, I would probably call the actor a fool
for going ahead to enter the room.
I open the door.
As I step into the room, I receive a heavy shove and I fall headlong
on
the floor. As I struggle to turn around, my attacker pounces on
me. The
knife in his hands tries to plunge into my chest. I grab his hands
and
we struggle for a few seconds.
The blade slices my hand and I let go for a fraction of a second.
The knife comes racing down towards me.
I know am about to die cos my whole life flashes before me.
The knife descends.
And that’s when the Director yells
“Cut!”
I heave a sigh of relief. My attacker stands up and helps me to my
feet.
My name is Tony Adams and am an actor. http://etisalatprize.com/unforeseen/
pls....fellow nairalanders Click d link 2 VOTE for this story...Tanks a lot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by sss341: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
grin nice 1......voted!

1 Like

Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by amiebeauty(f): 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
tanks a lot @ sss341....gudnite n sleep tite and please for every oda person viewing....pls just use few seconds 2 vote ....na beg i dey beg oooo.....ur VOTES will make a very big difference...it takes few seconds n very few megabite to vote....n please...ur comments,suggestions,criticisms...etc...will b highly appreciated....ese gan

2 Likes

Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by emy245(m): 12:15am On Oct 12, 2013
VOTED i browsed through the gallery of writers and this was the best@op well done

1 Like

Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 12, 2013
grin. Naija Movie. . . . . . plzz unto d nxt one!!!!!! tongue
Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by princemicky(m): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2013
Nobody: grin. Naija Movie. . . . . . plzz unto d nxt one!!!!!! tongue
I VOTED. ..Personally I think this is one of the best stories in this category.
Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by amiebeauty(f): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
tanks a lot @ emy,nobody n princemickey...God bless u....n 2 every one viewing d thread....PLEASE...help a nairalander win this prize by following the link and voting
Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by Ntasays(f): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
Very nice story . I hope you also check out Dressed LikeA Prince, also by a nairalander, together we achieve more. www.etisalatprize.com/dressed-like-a-prince . THANK YOU!

1 Like

Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by amiebeauty(f): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
@ ntasays.....just did n voted 2....nyc story btw...hope it has a happy ending...Tanks again
Re: The Best Story For Etisalatprize For Flash Fiction by amiebeauty(f): 6:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Hi everyone sometime ago I asked U 2 vote for ma friend Nnaemeka Ugochukwu....who is competin 4 d Etisalat flash fiction competition. . .This is a personal message from him 2 u.....Dear Friend, I wish to thank all of you for voting for me in the Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition. I am very grateful. Danke,obrigado,una try well well.God bless you all My name is among the TOP 20 list that they released some days ago,out of 570 contestants. So evenif na recharge card Etisalat give me, I go still tell una.Thank you!!! God bless u all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your All Time Favourite Novel?? / Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure / 20 Ways To Live Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.