Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Sidney Sam Wants To Play For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sidney Sam Wants To Play For Nigeria (966 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Germany Snubs Sidney Sam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sidney Sam Wants To Play For Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 9:27am On Nov 10, 2012
I'm keen to play for Nigeria - Sidney Sam
Written by Tobi Folorunsho Friday, 09 November 2012

GERMAN-BORN Sidney Sam, says he wants to play for Nigeria following talks with the Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi.

Keshi had revealed recently that he had done enough to convince Sam to pledge his international future to Nigeria.

Yesterday, Sam told German tabloid, Kicker, he was convinced he could wear the Nigerian colour.

“I had a very harmonious, good and convincing talk,'' Sam said Kicker

"There were intense discussions and I am keen to play for Nigeria," Kicker quoted Sam as saying.

"The country (Nigeria) has a great football tradition, the team is full of good players."

Sam also underlined why he has opted to play for his father's country despite being born in Kiel, Germany.

"There were intense discussions and I am keen to play for Nigeria," Kicker quoted Sam as saying.

"The country (Nigeria) has a great football tradition, the team is full of good players."

The Bayern Leverkussen's midfielder plans to discuss with his adviser, Dirk Hebelg on switch his plan to international career to Nigeria.

"He will address the issue exactly with his consultant Dirk Hebel and clarify the situation with his employer," reported Kicker on Thursday.

Sam needs Fifa's clearance to play for Nigeria after representing Germany at Under19, 20 and 21 levels.He has scored four times this season in the German Bundesliga.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/50639-im-keen-to-play-for-nigeria-sidney-sam

(1) (Reply)

Fifa Exposed / Blessing Okagbare Wins Gold, Breaks Common Wealth 100m Record (pix) / Hurray!! Nigeria Wins Three More Gold In Wrestling and weight lifting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.