Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear (1208 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Testimony Of Heaven And Hell And Rapture To Soon Happen By Pastor Rodolfo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
It is a cause for concern about the numerous articles on divine revelations or should we say hallucinations of hell and heaven , and the ever constant threatening behaviour of some brethren towards the unsaved.

It goes like this, accept Jesus or you will roast in hell forever and ever. I tell you , if this is the gospel , keep it to yourself , no one wants it.
God is not in the threatening business, he is not in the Mafia business either.

Going around threatening people with the gruesome details of humans roasting in varying degrees of fire not just immediately after death , but for eternity is more likely to populate the world with atheists and agnostics than Christians. By turning God into a monster , you end up creating a world full of people who fear him rather than Love him.

As a young Christian, I was ever aware of the threatening voice of HELL in my ears and mind , not just after sermons , but from the verbal utterances of church members. Therefore , while I loved GOD , I feared him more and had this lingering worry that at the slightest mistake he would crush me beneath his might and wish me to hell forever.

To suggest that the Gospel is a threat or even blackmail to the wicked is rather silly and false. What happened to the gospel of LOVE, why are many believers so harsh when it comes to this subject ?

The truth is that Jesus talked about Hell mostly to the Christians religious Pharisees than the unsaved. This was primarily due to the hardness of their hearts, legalism , preventing others from entering the kingdom, boast about their standing with God, tithe fraud , oppression of the weak and many other vices.

This Hell Jesus talked about was not a place of eternal torment , rather it was a place prepared for the final and everlasting destruction of the devil and his angels. We should also ask the eternal torment fanatics this question, why is it that the devil and his angels are not yet in hell even though it was prepared for them ? Is it not strange that humans for which hell was not prepared are already in it

Dear Brothers and Sisters, the gospel is the good news about the kingdom of GOD , a return to the blissful state of MAN and the World which God had purposed in his heart before the foundation of the world. To partake of this kingdom, one must repent from their sins , accept Jesus as LORD and Saviour , be baptised , and by constant submission to the will of GOD , reflect both his Character ( as Jesus did ) and preach the good news to all creatures , signs and wonders following.

Everyday , we hear of terrible news, wars, hatred, murders, serial killing, malice, gossip, deep hurt, sadness, depression, suicides, greed , disobedience to parents and a host of many other vices. The world has turned into a HELL on earth and very far from the will of GOD. God is deeply grieved with the current state of affairs. Only GOD through Jesus will restore this earth to a place of bliss where we can all live in love , harmony, peace and eternal joy with our beloved GOD and fellow MAN.

It is our choice , we can decide to partake of this present wicked world or follow Jesus into the real and genuine new world order wherein dwells righteousness.

Kindly peruse the following scripture.

The fate of the righteousness :

"Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” - Revelation 21 : 3-5

The fate of the obstinate wicked :

"8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8

The Promise :

"To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. " Revelation 21:6-7

1 Like

Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
frosbel: It is a cause for concern about the numerous articles on divine revelations or should we say hallucinations of hell and heaven , and the ever constant threatening behaviour of some brethren towards the unsaved.

It goes like this, accept Jesus or you will roast in hell forever and ever. I tell you , if this is the gospel , keep it to yourself , no one wants it.

Going around threatening people with the gruesome details of humans roasting in varying degrees of fire not just immediately after death , but for eternity is more likely to populate the world with atheists and agnostics than Christians. By turning God into a monster , you end up creating a world full of people who fear him rather than Love him.

As a young Christian, I was ever aware of the threatening voice of HELL in my ears and mind , not just after sermons , but from the verbal utterances of church members. Therefore , while I loved GOD , I feared him more and had this lingering worry that at the slightest mistake he would crush me beneath his might and wish me to hell forever.

To suggest that the Gospel is a threat or even blackmail to the wicked is rather silly and false. What happened to the gospel of LOVE, why are many believers so harsh when it comes to this subject ?

The truth is that Jesus talked about Hell mostly to the Christians religious Pharisees than the unsaved. This was primarily due to the hardness of their hearts, legalism , preventing others from entering the kingdom, boast about their standing with God, tithe fraud , oppression of the weak and many other vices.

This Hell Jesus talked about was not a place of eternal torment , rather it was a place prepared for the final and everlasting destruction of the devil and his angels. We should also ask the eternal torment fanatics this question, why is it that the devil and his angels are not yet in hell even though it was prepared for them ? Is it not strange that humans for which hell was not prepared are already in it

Dear Brothers and Sisters, the gospel is the good news about the kingdom of GOD , a return to the blissful state of MAN and the World which God had purposed in his heart before the foundation of the world. To partake of this kingdom, one must repent from their sins , accept Jesus as LORD and Saviour , be baptised , and by constant submission to the will of GOD , reflect both his Character ( as Jesus did ) and preach the good news to all creatures , signs and wonders following.

Everyday , we hear of terrible news, wars, hatred, murders, serial killing, malice, gossip, deep hurt, sadness, depression, suicides, greed , disobedience to parents and a host of many other vices. The world has turned into a HELL on earth and very far from the will of GOD. God is deeply grieved with the current state of affairs. Only GOD through Jesus will restore this earth to a place of bliss where we can all live in love , harmony, peace and eternal joy with our beloved GOD and fellow MAN.

It is our choice , we can decide to partake of this present wicked world or follow Jesus into the real and genuine new world order wherein dwells righteousness.

"Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” - Revelation 21 : 3-5

"8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8

The Promise :

"To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. " Revelation 21:6-7

Nice article frosbel! Subscribing...
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by alexleo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
Partly truth and partly false

frosbel: It is a cause for concern about the numerous articles on divine revelations or should we say hallucinations of hell and heaven , and the ever constant threatening behaviour of some brethren towards the unsaved.

The Promise :

Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
alexleo: Partly truth and partly false

I respect your opinion , can you tell me which aspect is false.
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Joagbaje(m): 1:16am On Nov 11, 2012

I got born again by message of hell and Antichrist. Even though I preach the love of christ now. But I've learned not to criticize any message so long as God can work through it.

Philippians 1:15-17
Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Horus(m): 1:41am On Nov 11, 2012
The threat of Hell is about Money!.The concept of hell and a devil with a pitchfork standing in front of an open furnace, are all things put in your minds by religious leaders and the media for their own personal gain. The more you believe in their concept of hell, the more frightened you become and the more you will pay for the religious leaders to forgive your sins and redeem your souls.

1 Like

Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
Important to know !
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by yommyuk: 4:18am On Dec 24, 2012
I beg to partly disagree. smiley

The bible says that the wages of sin is death. Therefore, to preach the gospel without reminding people of the ultimate consequence of living an ungodly life will render the gospel incomplete.

2 Timothy 2:25-26
“Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. They will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.”

Agreed!!!

We must preach the gospel in a humble manner that will not further chase the unsaved into the hands of the enemy. But the truth also has to be preached, firmly of the consequences that await those who oppose the truth.

What is the truth?

Jesus explain in his own words in MARK 9:43-48
"If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell[a] with two hands.[b] 45 If your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one foot than to be thrown into hell with two feet.[c] 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It’s better to enter the Kingdom of God with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where the maggots never die and the fire never goes out.’[d]

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. And this is the gospel truth
God bless
smiley
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Affiliated(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sighs. When the book or the supposed God cannot say something and stick to it, how are we supposed to believe?
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by turnstoner(m): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
If by simply not believing you are destined for hell, what is all the noise, brother frosbel, you are still preaching the gospel of fear. You are no different from the others!
Re: The Threat Of Hell And The Gospel Of Fear by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
FYI.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Are Arrogant, I Confess. It Is True / Free Christian Podcast / Man And Religion: Enduring Hope Or Despair? Lets Have An Honest Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.