Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (14696 Views)

I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by leonshom(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
If someone is told to deny Christ or acknowledge another religion or god under the threat of death, is it sinful to give in out of fear? I know modern culture doesn’t demand this kind of heroic virtue, but in Revelation 2:10, Jesus says, “Be faithful unto death."
Is it sinful to deny Christ under threat of death?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
Yes. It is sinful.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Vision4God: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
Yes it is

8 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by robinicule(m): 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
But whoever denies Me in front of people, I also will deny him in front of My Father in the heavens. (Matthew 10:33)

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by sammieguze(m): 1:47am On Feb 15, 2015
leonshom:
If someone is told to deny Christ or acknowledge another religion or god under the threat of death, is it sinful to give in out of fear? I know modern culture doesn’t demand this kind of heroic virtue, but in Revelation 2:10, Jesus says, “Be faithful unto death."

there goes the answer to your question

in Revelation 2:10, Jesus says, “Be faithful unto death."

But whoever denies Me in front of people, I also will deny him in front of My Father in the heavens.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Profkomolafe(m): 2:25am On Feb 15, 2015
e depend on the type of death grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Claroo(m): 2:25am On Feb 15, 2015
Peter denied Jesus Thrice

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 15, 2015
Peter did, 3 good times.

And he is still St. Peter the apostle.

19 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by chrysso83(m): 2:32am On Feb 15, 2015
Biggest sin one can commit. U ve denied ur lord and personal savoir.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Adesam09(m): 2:33am On Feb 15, 2015
See question

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by salt419(m): 2:34am On Feb 15, 2015
Not a Sin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Samunique(m): 2:38am On Feb 15, 2015
@ OP, u've answered ur question rev 2: 10.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by olorunthobby(f): 2:38am On Feb 15, 2015
you dont deny christ with your mouth. you deny him with your deeds. you can shout i deny christ as many times as possible but if you are walking according to his ways, you are not denying him

titus 1 vs 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 15, 2015
In my honest opinion, you should actually deny under death threats so you can repent later and convert more people to his kingdom.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by free2ryhme: 2:53am On Feb 15, 2015
wastedsperm:

God can help your frustrations don't give up . Jesus is all you need

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by helphelp: 2:56am On Feb 15, 2015
Of course it is a sin...

Meanwhile, why not try your luck, don't deny Christ, it might be your one way ticket to heaven after your many many atrocities on earth...

That above, is thinking outside the box

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Onyiibazz: 3:26am On Feb 15, 2015
Right and wrong are only relative terms, the same applies to all other dichotomies including sinful and unsinfil! So if you know u still love your life to some extent, and that there are people looking up to you for survival, my dear, your Jesus will understand!

And i made front page the day Buhari's victory would have been announced! Sign of good things to come!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by cold(m): 3:27am On Feb 15, 2015
It will be foolhardy to hold on to a delusion to the point of death. No one is stùpid enough to pull a stunt like that. Because in the end everybody knows god does not exist,they're only hoping he does.
Why do you think people praying to god for protection in a church will scatter in different directions at the sound of boko haram or a deranged man with a deadly weapon? Who wan die for the sake of a god that clearly doesn't exist. Hence the expression..everybody wan go heaven but nobody wan die. Self preservation is the first law of nature jare. God can wait..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by benega: 3:33am On Feb 15, 2015
Hmm
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Texykool: 3:39am On Feb 15, 2015
leonshom:

In most cases where people are asked to deny Christ or risk death and they chose to deny Christ, they were still killed after the denial.

Any good Christian should not even mention Peter in this matter grin . Jesus had to first exemplify his love by dying before his disciple can follow suit.

Have you bothered to enquire how Peter eventually died

5 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Donjcco(m): 3:40am On Feb 15, 2015
deadly sin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Rapture, Are You Prepared? / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.