Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Mtn At It Again - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn At It Again (2387 Views)

MTN At It Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn At It Again by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
DEAR Nairalanders ,

Mtn nig is at it again with its SCAM PROMO

PLS dial *556# to check your mtn balance and under that , you will see a promo "ENJOY 100% AIRTIME BONUS ON EVERY RECHARGE THIS WEEKEND!! JUST RECHARGE WITH *888*PIN# FROM 6PM ON FRIDAY"

Just 10minutes ago , i loaded 1,500naira using the above code and a message pop-up that it was successful and that i should check bonus via *889# i did and this is what i saw "YOUR WOW MAIN ACCOUNT BALANCE IS 1,500 ,EXPIRES ON NOV 11 2012; YOUR WOW BONUS ACCOUNT BALANCE IS 1,500;EXPIRES NOV 11 2012."

i did not understand that message at all , then i decided to check my main balance and lo and behold i saw 0.00naira , i was confused and i quickly call mtn customer care and lol i was told that once i load any card using the code *888*PIN# ,no amount will be credited to my main account and every card i load will surely expire by Sunday midnight including the 100% bonus

PLS IS THIS MTN WOW PROMO NOT A SCAM ? WHY DIDNT MTN STATE IT CLEARLY THAT EVERY RECHARGE CARD LOADED USING *888*PIN# WILL EXPIRE ON SUNDAY MIDNIGHT , MEANING ONCE ONE LOAD 5000NAIRA RECHARGE CARD AROUND 11.50PM , THE 5K AND THE BONUS OF 5K WILL BOTH BE WIPE-OFF BY 11.59PM

CAN MTN TRY THIS NONSENSE IN SOUTH-AFRICA ?

WHAT IS NCC DOING TO CURB ALL THESE ILLEGALITIES ?

IS THIS HOW WE AS A COUNTRY WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP SILENCE

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

PLEASE SPREAD THIS NEWS ROUND BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
Re: Mtn At It Again by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
I also saw it and I chose to ignore it because I have learnt that MTN promos almost always comes with ridiculous conditions attached to it.

My friend learn to ignore their stupid promos and you will give yourself serious peace of mind.

Thanks.
Re: Mtn At It Again by adefash(m): 9:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
I experienced the same thinh my brada. When i dialed *556# to check my main balance i saw the previous balance. I tot the recharge wasnt succesful after having thrown the card away.imagine! I called them with anoyance and what the guy told me was that i should have called their customer care line before subscribing for the package. The worst thing is that the useless network no come dey go. Maybe we should mobilise mtn users nationwide not to recharge for 3 days. I believe something will be done asap.
Re: Mtn At It Again by neyostica: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2012
Nigerians are fools and uneducated, terms and conditions apply
Re: Mtn At It Again by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
neyostica: Nigerians are fools and uneducated, terms and conditions apply

ARE YOU FROM TOGO ? OTONDO

YOU SHOULD BE IN JSS1
Re: Mtn At It Again by swaggerkid(m): 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
lol
Re: Mtn At It Again by Skynet247(m): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
neyostica: Nigerians are fools and uneducated, terms and conditions apply
your too harse... Buttt you hit the nail on the head

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Offering Business Account In Nigeria / Buy Double A4 Paper (75gms) For 4k Per Carton / Flutterwave- My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.