Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

"A Christian Masquerade" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "A Christian Masquerade" (1302 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"A Christian Masquerade" by Royalty1(m): 2:29am On Nov 11, 2012
Sunday- I go to Church, nicely dressed, neatly shaven.
I raise 'holy hands' and dance with joy.
I take notes, and 'eye' the fine chorister. "Maybe I should just get her Number". wink

Monday- Got to work 8:30, signed 7:55. "No one is Watching". Told my Boss I sent the letters on Friday while I just passed it to the dispacth guy. "I can't kill myself joor". angry

Tuesday - I just feel like playing Don Moen Songs. Be Magnified on repeat. Tought about going for Bible studies, but left work late. lipsrsealed

Wednesday - She came around, we kissed. We were about to get down, but we were cut short by the knock on the door. "Abeg no more watching ball at my place! Yeye Fun-stopper"! angry

Thursday - Booring Day at work. Traffic was terrible! What the Heck? undecided

Friday - Rocking my Blue Guinea and Damask Cap. Rita is having a bash after work. Ran into a hot chick. Danced late into the night. She ended up on my bed. What's her name again? embarassed

Saturday - Hangover, Laundry, shopping and more football. wink

Sunday - Where is my Bible? Am late for Church!

I am a Stained glass Masquerade.

1 Like

Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by pastormustwacc: 2:36am On Nov 11, 2012
*Coughs* a revival is needed. . .
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by Royalty1(m): 2:56am On Nov 11, 2012
This is a Wake Up Call to all Children of the Kingdom.
If only we can live our sunday lives throughout the week;
If only we can truly stop gratifying the Desires of the Flesh;
If only we can pull down our Masks and let People know who we really are;
If only we can truly depend on the Cleansing power of the Blood of Christ.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Chorintians 5:17

Have a splendid time in Church. Hope you found your Bible? wink
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by CrazyMan(m): 5:41am On Nov 11, 2012
Matthew 6:24.  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Joshua 24:15.  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Make up your mind on who your true lord and master is...cos God hates lukewarmness.
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by dridowu: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2012
Speechless
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by OmoAlata(f): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2012
Carry on going to church on Sundays. One day, Jesus will visit you and you will forsake all else wink
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by Royalty1(m): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2012
pastormustwacc: *Coughs* a revival is needed. . .

so correct! todays church needs a revival.

1 Like

Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by Royalty1(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan: Matthew 6:24.  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Joshua 24:15.  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Make up your mind on who your true lord and master is...cos God hates lukewarmness.

Perfectly Said.... But your username kinda scares me. wink
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by Royalty1(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2012
dridowu: Speechless
I was inspired to write this when I heard the song 'Stained Glass Masquerade' by Casting Crowns.
It is my desire to open people's eyes to what we have turned Christianity to these days.

I Hope you and I can truly live our lives for Christ. Have a lovely Sunday.

1 Like

Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by CrazyMan(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2012
Royalty1:
Perfectly Said.... But your username kinda scares me. wink
You don't have to be scared...its just a name. wink
Re: "A Christian Masquerade" by Royalty1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Omo Alata: Carry on going to church on Sundays. One day, Jesus will visit you and you will forsake all else wink

Jesus is already at the door of our hearts, knocking.
If only we will open the door to him.

(1) (Reply)

Why Criticise Religion. A Jamaican Perspective. / THE PRODIGAL CHURCH / END TIME CHURCH - Highway To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.