Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Ronaldo: My Personality Has Cost Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo: My Personality Has Cost Me (567 Views)

Ronaldo: My Girlfriend Steals My Boxers! / Look At What Barca Cost Me / Missing World Cup Could Cost Me Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo: My Personality Has Cost Me by thrugemaster(m): 4:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Cristiano Ronaldo believes the way people perceive his personality has meant he has become disliked by
supporters. The forward is often portrayed as arrogant by
onlookers and the Portugal captain thinks his
reputation often precedes him. "I don't want to cry about it, but sometimes I think
yes," he told CNN when asked whether his image
had cost him in the past. "It's a question to which I never give the 100% right
answer, because sometimes I really don't know. I
don't think it's allowed for people to change my
personality. "Maybe sometimes, I agree that I have a bad image
on the pitch because I'm too serious." His competitive streak helped lead Los Blancos to
the Liga title last season and he admits his thirst
for success even creeps into his personal life. "If you really know me, if you are my friend and I
leave you inside my house and you share the day
with me, you will know I hate to lose," he added. "If I am in the swimming pool with my girlfriend
sometimes we like to have a race. Sometimes you have
to give her an opportunity to be happy, but I win
because I don't like to lose. "I'm a competitive man and sometimes people interpret
that in a different way, which is a pain on me
because I don't like it, but I have to live." The former Manchester United attacker also hit back
at critics who have labelled him over-confident. "People who call me arrogant, I'm interested, not
with all of them, but most of them," Ronaldo
stated. "One day I would like to sit with them and have a
chat to see in which way they think I'm arrogant,
because I think they need to sit with me to know who
the real Cristiano is.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/11/08/3512608/ronaldo-my-personality-has-cost-me

(1) (Reply)

Brazil World Cup 2014 Mascot Unveiled / Warri Wolves Go On Spending Spree / Usain Bolt To Star In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.