Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 (7180 Views)

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Nigeria Music Video Awards 2013 Nominees List(nmva 2013) / Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) 2012: List Of Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sect(m): 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2008
Well am just saying.I enjoyed his last album and sunny neji seem to av retired from high life music.If you've listened to his latest album(off da hook),you'll know what am talking about.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sect(m): 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2008
Well am just saying.I enjoyed his last album and sunny neji seem to av retired from high life music.If you've listened to his latest album(off da hook),you'll know what am talking about.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2008
@sect/so u really mean dat d ablum is off da hook.gosh!!dats a good title for a wack album cuz i am of d opinion dat he should have stayed in is comfort zone,i mean hi-life.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Fecko(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2008
Hey fam! visit www.hiphopworldmagazine.com to vote TERRY THA RAPMAN for Best HipHop album and Lyricist on a roll.

One!
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by zigbo(f): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2008
hiphopworld waeva sucks abeg
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by skingo(m): 6:25am On Feb 14, 2008
they nominate r&b acts in hiphop categories,
thats just lame, imagine sasha being nominated for best new artiste? lol abeg!
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sect(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2008
Olayokun the album isn't wack,maybe you should listen to some of his songs like without your love,prisoner of love,abosede,goodnite etc. They are all very cool.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sect(m): 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2008
Olayokun the album isn't wack,maybe you should listen to some of his songs like without your love,prisoner of love,abosede,goodnite etc. They are all very cool.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
HHWA16 Hip Hop World Revelation

Best new artiste in the year under review

9ICE

ASA

TY BELLO

SASHA

OLU MAINTAIN

THIS CATEGORY MAKES NO SENSE. IF THEY HAD NO LISTING THEY SHOULD HAVE FASHIED THIS PART!

They all are no Revelations!
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sect(m): 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
9ice is the only new artist in that category,others are old and even the 9ice isn't that new. I've noticed that there's a category that has been dormant ever since 2face won the category in the awards maiden edition. The special recognition award. I wonder why they are no longer recognizing special artists or is it cos other artists dont have 'THE SPECIAL THING' dat kennis has got?
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by abdurrazaq(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2008
Best Male Vocalist - 9ice - Ruggedy Baba
Best Female Vocalist - Lara George - Ijoba Orun

More to come
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by abdurrazaq(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2008
Best New Artist - 9ice
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by abdurrazaq(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2008
Best Single Recording - Greenland - TY Bello
Song of the year - Olu Maintain
Producer of the year - ID Cabassa
Best Collabo - Ruggedy Baba - Ruggedman
Best Rap Single - Crowd Mentality - M.I
Hiphop world Revelation - 9ice

Let's hope the real winner emerge at the end of the day. I think the organizers did a good job on the lists of the nominations. Though there are some errors, but, only GOD is perfect.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2008
"I got another concept, yo yo yo, " It has to be Mode. Only Terry can pose a real threat to him but i know he is winning. If any of 9's song is put side by side Ruggedman's songs, any i say, for lyrical comparism, its surely 9, One down two to go,

The other guy I have not really heared about him so cant cmment but I know he is no threat, Two down 1 to go,

TERRY, i luv dis guy too cos he is soooooooooo good. The only real threat to 9 in that cayegory,

And whats Rugged doing in that category by the way, Ruggedman, Lyricist, 2 shots or sound sultan would have been better of.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by kaydee(m): 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2008
Why is it called Hiphopworld awards when 90% of the artiste nominated ain't Hip-Hop. What has Asa,Ty Bello and the others got to do with Hip-Hop? No wonder Nigerians know nothin bout Hip-Hop and someone think 9ice raps
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2008

Why is it called Hiphopworld awards when 90% of the artiste nominated ain't Hip-Hop. What has Asa,Ty Bello and the others got to do with Hip-Hop? No wonder Nigerians know nothin bout Hip-Hop and someone think 9ice raps

I agree wit u 100 %,
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2008
@sect/babaearly,Do u know d meanin of NEW ACT.example ASA,she only realised a single which is, eye adaba, not an album,so also is SASHA she only realised a single which is, e mi le gan, OLU MAINTAIN & TY BELLO were in a group before going solo.It thosen't matter if u've been in d game like babaearly as long as dats ur first album,then u r a new act.U should tell dat to channel o awards for giving Faze bet new act video after realising 2 albums.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2008
@javalove & kaydee,y is it called channel o b'cos everbody looks like O.y is it called d grammys then?.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2008
We look like O ke, ? U and who, ? Aw human being go be like O, Grammy, ?

---Grams, Gramme, Grammer(my), omo i no no, keydee, help dis guy abeg,

Jaji
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2008
I hope i have answered some of y'all bout dem new artist.
@javalove,don't crack ur brain cuz i don't nid 2 know.aight
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Viking: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2008
I observed that most of the songs in this hiphop world award are not hip hop.

Best Collabo; Ruggedman feat nice
Best Rap album; Ruggedy Baba
Song of the year; Yahoozee
Album of the year; Faze
Best Rap single; Stylee by Jimmy Jatt
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by radiodj(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2008
OJB did not produce SEE ME SO.

That nomination should go to Omololu.

It is one of four tracks produced by Lolu for Tuface.

The farce that we call music awards in naija continues, where one does not know the judges, or the criteria for selections/nominations.

Where an award commitee does not even know who produced the track for producer of the year!
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by WarfyBoy(m): 12:33am On Mar 08, 2008
LET'S VOTE FOR FAZE FANS
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by xcore(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2008
[b]Best producer:id cabasa cheesy,that guy is very good,
9nic is d boom,he is d revolution next.
best video:p square own it,they have really moved the crowd grin
i think tj tee should b felt out without a reward for his sleepless night,he has contributed so much in d music directing,he worth d award. cool[color=#000099][/color]
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tunde300us(m): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2008
Wetin now? nobody is even saying anything about ASA,I think that lady deserves some saying this year.Her album is a BOMB !
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2008
Viking:

I observed that most of the songs in this hiphop world award are not hip hop.

Best Collabo; Ruggedman feat nice
Best Rap album; Ruggedy Baba
Song of the year; Yahoozee
Album of the year; Faze
Best Rap single; Stylee by Jimmy Jatt

u sure say u sabi wetin hip hop mean at all hip hop dsnt mean rap alone
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2008
Pls, define Hiphop cos i dont know wat it really means
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2008
javalove:

Please, define Hiphop because i don't know what it really means

how i wan take explain am to a retard like u?
dnt u think that will be a waste of time
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2008
Hmmmm see pesin wey dey call me retard, omugo. I asked u a question na swaer u take reply me
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
omugo abi no be ur papa nickname be dat?
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2008
E b like say i go ring bell 4 two of una(javalove & tosin)
@Tosin,don't stress urself replin dis ass,he was on my neck sometime ago.
Oloshi Int
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2008
olayokun:

E b like say i go ring bell 4 two of una(javalove & tosin)
@Tosin,don't stress yourself replin this ass,he was on my neck sometime ago.
Oloshi Int

Oga ooo i thought only 2 foolish pple were here, who b dis one again, so una even plenty, i tink say na only skingo and dis useless tosin, pls how many una b, ? Some1 abused my popsy and u def dey support am, ? Mogbe moku modaran, !!! Who is d administrator here, plsssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Music: Joe El –ft. 2face Idibia Track Title “hold On” (download) / Download Olamide - Going To Heaven / Instrumental: Olamide - Konkobility (prod. By Freezyfofo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.