Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny (9264 Views)

Divine Destiny Versus Personal Ambition / God-kind Of Love Vs Natural Selfish Human Love / Your Divine Destiny Starts In Christ- Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by julietjuks: 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:30).

There’re two destinies for every person that’s born into this world: A natural destiny and a divine destiny. Most people only find themselves fulfilling their natural destinies. Natural destiny is guided and controlled by such factors as lineage and place of birth, where you grew up, and your existential values.

Divine destiny, on the other hand, is the destiny of God in or for a man’s life. It describes the course of events in one’s life, organized or structured by God to fulfil His divine purposes. In fulfilling divine destiny, your life becomes the expression of God’s grace and the unveiling of His love. Some have asked, "How can you tell whether or not one is fulfilling divine destiny?" It’s simple. First, who gets the glory in your life? Whose power is behind what you do? For whom do you live? If the answers to these questions turn out to be the Lord, then you’re in line to fulfilling divine destiny. Along with the foregoing is the specific leading of the Holy Spirit.

Are you treading the path of natural destiny or divine destiny? Divine destiny doesn’t start until you make that divine contact with the Spirit of God. Until Moses encountered Jehovah, his divine destiny didn’t begin. Saul of Tarsus began his divine assignment only after his encounter with the Lord on the Damascus road.

If you’re born again, let the Holy Spirit lead you into the destiny He has for you, and be faithful to fulfil it (Colossians 4:17). But if you’re yet to be born again, it means you’re only fulfilling natural destiny. Ask the Lord Jesus to come into your heart today and set you on course to fulfil your divine destiny in Him.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by AdeniyiA(m): 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
human being shaa!, we like to complicate issues for oursefs,wch one is natural again, can there b any natural thing wiout divine intervention or initiation?
wat u even call natural destiny is wat i call 'artificial destiny', cos the destiny of God for a man is constant,but man,due to his lack of vision n his unconsciousness of God's plans n purposes for him(jer.29vs11),n disobedience to His word,derail by charting a new path for himsef(artificial d) wch of course might lead to frustration n uncertainties.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by julietjuks: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
human being shaa!, we like to complicate issues for oursefs,wch one is natural again, can there b any natural thing wiout divine intervention or initiation?
wat u even call natural destiny is wat i call 'artificial destiny', cos the destiny of God for a man is constant,but man,due to his lack of vision n his unconsciousness of God's plans n purposes for him(jer.29vs11),n disobedience to His word,derail by charting a new path for himsef(artificial d) wch of course might lead to frustration n uncertainties.
there is such a things as natural destiny means when a mans life flows in the natural course of this world from childbirth to old age. it has to do with a structure of life man has created for himself. u are mistaken.not everyone is functioning in Gods destiny. man is a free moral agent and has been the rite to choose.submittin to Gods lordship means a start in his destiny for u. please read my post carefully with an open mind and u will understand it.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by AdeniyiA(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
if i may ask,wats d relp betw DD& ND.
or can u completely absolve DD from ND.
dont u think we can categorise ND as experience-gatherin school under DD e.g Moses n david as shepherds in prep for leadin ppl.
i ask, wen did d divine destiny of joseph begin...
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by julietjuks: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
dont u think we can categorise ND as experience-gatherin school under DD e.g Moses n david as shepherds in prep for leadin ppl.
if u
if u must know its everything a man does within Gods destiny.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by julietjuks: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
if u
if u must know its not everything a man does thats within Gods destiny.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by pastormustwacc: 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
@OP, you are completely wrong about destinies, what if:

Do you know the 3 levels of wills of God? The good, acceptable and perfect will. And do you also know the permissive will of God?

I can for instance jump out of this window in my room right now straight to my death - God aint gonna stop me?
*Looks outside the window* Shivers, this aint bugs bunny, i aint jumping anyway

Then, what happens if i decide to leave my christian life and become a satanist? Is that one natural destiny?
Or i decide to start serving sango? because i come from such a lineage?
Or start worshipping osun, because i had a very interesting encounter with an osun priestess?
Or i just decide to become an atheist - not a likely possible, not after all i have experienced, i will just die of madness/suicide (will actually jump out of the window or a higher window and slit my throat before i get down just in case i dont die from the fall) ASAP

How about classifying as Natural and Unnatural destinies? Mehn, let us not even go there at all. You need to go back to the drawing board.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by julietjuks: 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
pastormustwacc: @OP, you are completely wrong about destinies, what if:

Do you know the 3 levels of wills of God? The good, acceptable and perfect will. And do you also know the permissive will of God?

I can for instance jump out of this window in my room right now straight to my death - God aint gonna stop me?
*Looks outside the window* Shivers, this aint bugs bunny, i aint jumping anyway

Then, what happens if i decide to leave my christian life and become a satanist? Is that one natural destiny?
Or i decide to start serving sango? because i come from such a lineage?
Or start worshipping osun, because i had a very interesting encounter with an osun priestess?
Or i just decide to become an atheist - not a likely possible, not after all i have experienced, i will just die of madness/suicide (will actually jump out of the window or a higher window and slit my throat before i get down just in case i dont die from the fall) ASAP

How about classifying as Natural and Unnatural destinies? Mehn, let us not even go there at all. You need to go back to the drawing board.
thank u for ur elaboration. all those instances u have mentioned still fall within the natural course of life. natural destiny is a destiny man creates for himself.for instance jumping out the window it was ur decision and so u created ur destiny that way.divine destiny is one inwhich starts with one being born again.it is when God has taken charge and he is leading u by the word and his spirit...
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by pastormustwacc: 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
Anyway, when it comes to destinies, i am not an expert, but i dont think you can just classify them into natural and divine destiny. You will agree with me that even born again christians led by the holy spirit knowingly commit blunders atimes.

And at every point in our life, we led natural/divine destinies like you put it. Putting all these into consideration, this classification e get as e be.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by julietjuks: 9:53am On Nov 13, 2012
pastormustwacc: Anyway, when it comes to destinies, i am not an expert, but i dont think you can just classify them into natural and divine destiny. You will agree with me that even born again christians led by the holy spirit knowingly commit blunders atimes.

And at every point in our life, we led natural/divine destinies like you put it. Putting all these into consideration, this classification e get as e be.
alot of people live their lifes without knowing what their purpose in life that is Gods purpose for their lifes so they walk in darkness and confusion living short of it.
Re: Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny by IdPnSD: 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Moment by moment our life is precisely predictable. There are many people, all over the world, who have made such predictions for many ordinary and famous people. Any high level yogi will be able to tell you what you will do or say in next 10-15 minutes, as well as all your past and future life events. Take a look at the destiny chapter in the free book at the blog site of soul theory https://theoryofsouls./

Therefore, every event in our life is a destiny event. If my car breaks down on the road, is a destiny event, for example.

(1) (Reply)

The Word Of God Is Powerful! / Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi / Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.