Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Your Divine Destiny Starts In Christ- Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Divine Destiny Starts In Christ- Pastor Chris (1200 Views)

"Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie / Blinging For Christ: Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Rocks Expensive Gold Jewellry / Divine Destiny Vs Natural Destiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Divine Destiny Starts In Christ- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:41am On Jun 01, 2011
Acts 26:16
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee

The account in Acts chapter 9 shows us how Paul, who was hitherto a notorious persecutor of the Church of Jesus Christ, received salvation on his way to Damascus. His encounter with the Lord changed him forever. Not only did the Lord save him from sin, He also brought him into His divine destiny in God, giving him the responsibility of taking the Gospel to the Gentiles:

“…He is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake” (Acts 9:15-16).

No one in the Scriptures ever began to journey in their divine destiny until they first had as encounter with the Lord. Paul lived as a blasphemer, and a persecutor, injurious to the Church until he met with Jesus. Prior to his conversion, he was out of God’s divine destiny for his life. But immediately after his glorious encounter with the Lord his life became structured in line with divine destiny. Paul testified of this in 1 Timothy 1:12-13 when he said,

“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”

2 Corinthians 5:17
  “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

Until a man submits to the Lordship of Jesus, he isn’t in God’s divine will and his life is out of course. Your divine destiny begins at the point you receive Jesus as Lord of your life. That’s when you’re set on God’s preordained pathway of glory and success, which He prepared for you before the foundation of the world.

So, if you’re born again, happy are you; for it means you have a destiny in God which you must fulfill. But if you’re yet to give your heart to Christ, you must do that right away by confessing Jesus to be the Lord of your life, and that He died on account of your sins, and was raised back to life for your justification. Then and then alone are you awakened to the fatherhood of God and ushered into your divine destiny in Him!

Ephesians 2:10 AMP
For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Colossians 4:17
And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it

(1) (Reply)

Is Speaking In Tongues Learnt Or Divine ? / Is Tithing A Must In The New Covenant? / Are The Israelis We See Today True Descendants Of The Jews In The Bible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.