Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? (5418 Views)

Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever / INTERESTING TRAITS OF THE DAY OF THE WEEK YOU WERE BORN ON (WITH GOOD TIPS) / Do You Ever Wish Tö Be Popular?? WELCOME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by eruudy(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2012
I often find myself dreaming how amazing it would be to have been born around 100 BC and be immortal so I could experience the whole world change, have all the time in my life to travel and see how everything evolves. Oh and the medieval clothing... I would love that so much.

I also wonder if it was the 50's or 60's 0r 70's or 80's or even the 90's would Gangnam Style be as popular and widely accepted as it is Music, life , choices have drastically dwindled ... I wish i was my dad so i could see how cool there was ... Share your thoughts please ... Below is a picture of the Gangnam style and a song by Eric Clapton ...

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by eruudy(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2012
I've always wanted to live in another time, preferably simpler but here's a few of my favorites to imagine...

During the European renaissance. The whole ordeal because it spanned awhile and each country had different apsects to it.

I wanted to also experience the Romanitc movement in Europe and the Transcendentalist movement in America.

Colonial America for it's simplicity and DIY lifestyle.

Specific decades I would like to have live through are...

Roaring 20s- Jazz and swing! I would want to have some money though so I wouldn't have to live in the cities. I heard they were quite disgusting health code wise.

50s- Birth of mainstream rock, beatniks, and pop culture. Also I am just a bit envious of how simple it seemed. Could be that way only due to television though.

60s- Largest counter cultural movement focusing on love and peace ever. Music was killer and to be honest I really have wanted to try LSD to see if I can get anything spiritually out of it.

70s- Pop culture in this decade still fascinates me as well as the music. Rock got both hard and soft with soft rock topping the charts and the underground punk scene burgeoning. Let's not forget disco!

80s- I'm not a fan of the fashion but once again the music and pop culture is what I want to live through.

90s- This decade would be the most modern for me. I was born in 1989 so I did get to really experience . The music was just a mix mash of everything.

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by abbeycial: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2012
wish i was born among nd during d legandary spartans when d only RULE for every man is to- HONOUR UR GOD,LUV UR WOMEN and DEFEND UR COUNTRY. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Mynd44: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2012
Mine would be to be born in the century when man would colonize other planets
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by k2039: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2012
Yes,when missionaries hadnt visited Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by member16: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2012
'30s
I am very inrigued by that period, the whole mob thingy, al capone, john dilinger etc
'80s
This was the fun generation, I don't thing there has been a generation that was willing to try crazy things like them, the hair, clothing(color riot).

During time of egyptian pharaho and roman empire
I have always been a fan of acient egypt history, would be awesome to see it

Finally,
During the prophet.
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by ciwi: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2012
Me I wish I was not born a nigerian

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by tpia1: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
^are you nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by greatgod2012(f): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
k2039: Yes,when missionaries hadnt visited Africa.

yes, i think their visit has done more harm dn good 4 dis country, how i also wish i was born before their visit.
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Mynd44: 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
greatgod2012:

yes, i think their visit has done more harm dn good 4 dis country, how i also wish i was born before their visit.
I think not. If we have continued the way we were, it would have been horrible
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by slimyem: 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
No!
This century is just perfect for me...
The technology...
The sex...
The music...
The dressing..
Everything is just crazy...and craziness is so cool!!!cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Mynd44: 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
slimyem: No!
The technology...
The sex...
The music...
The dressing..
The SEX? I would love to hear about that one aunty Slimyem

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by eruudy(m): 6:39am On Nov 13, 2012
The technology...
The sex...
The music...
The dressing..
The sin we've committed in this our time is even a 100x worse than that of Sodom and Gomorrah ooo .. Isn't that enough to make you want something else ... Serene, meaningful , and less tragic ?

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2012
The technology...
The sex...
The music...
The dressing..
hey dear were u reading my mind.....i so luv dis century everyfin is easy i refuse to b born in another century laye laye mi
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2012
eruudy: The sin we've committed in this our time is even a 100x worse than that of Sodom and Gomorrah ooo .. Isn't that enough to make you want something else ... Serene, meaningful , and less tragic ?
na lie joor we never sin reach AUNTY sodom and UNCLE gomorrah we are stil upcoming
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by LesbianBoy(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2012
I wish i was born in the days of our mothers, Nigerian girls of nowadays are something else!! lipsrsealed
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by yuzedo: 10:31am On Nov 13, 2012
F(u)ck No! angry
Did you see what those motherf(u)ckers did to Jesus Christ, Kunta Kinte, etc?
Heresy? Burn his arzzz at the stakes.. Hot oil please! undecided
Your neighbour you refused to give punny accuses you of witchcraft? Burn her arzzz at the stakes! undecided
Calvary-style wars? Tar-and-feather nuqqas? You think World War 2 was fun & games??
Mehn, I could go on all day! We are blessed to be in this era please.. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Nov 13, 2012
I'd have loved to be born pre-indepence and post-biafran war.
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by LesbianBoy(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2012
The technology...
The sex...
The music...
The dressing..
i knew you were CRAZY......Crazy girl!!!!
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by yuzedo: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2012
The technology...
The sex...
The music...
The dressing..

shocked shocked shocked
Slimmie, sweerie, I've always loved you inugo? So wuz yo numba? wink tongue
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 10:37am On Nov 13, 2012
grin SEX IS FREE AND CHEAP IN DIZ CENTURY why would i need another century
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Truckpusher(m): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2012
Wish I was born during the slave trade era to witness man's injustice to another race while in the other hand they have the bible.
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by logica(m): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2012
Funny people. As a black man, you are lucky to be born in this era. Any other generation and you would wish you were never born.

1 Like

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:48am On Nov 13, 2012
[b]There is no such thing as the 'PERFECT AGE' or 'ERA'...

In the 20's, 30's and even the 60's and early 80's, Blacks were slaves. It was okay to call a black man Nigga. They may have dressed decently back then, but again being a Black man was not a thing of pride. You couldnt ride on the same bus with the white folks, you couldnt eat in the same restaurants, you couldnt get certain jobs, in Africa we were still suffering, Rock music was considered Devil music, Rap was also not widely accepted, they dressed funny, Alcohol was illegal, burning a Nigga was okay, the gun slinging wild west era when bandits ran wild like billy-the-kid, Butch Cassidy, the Sundance Kid, Jesse James, John Wesley.. Abi the era of Ichie Kunta Kinte, abi the time in America when a Black man couldnt vote talkless of being voted for, or the era when women couldnt vote?!

ABEG!!!!

I am happy I was born in the age of the Internet.. When I can pick up a mobile phone and call someone thousands of miles across the globe, even see the person live, when I can download my music and movies from anywhere on my phone, when I am free to do what I like and the white man cant call me Nigga to my face anymore without dire consequences, when I can dress up and look and feel good in it, in an age when a decendant of SLAVES and a NIGGA is today the President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

This is the right era for me.. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Revolva(m): 10:57am On Nov 13, 2012
I wish I was born In the 60s life was so innocent and no too much leak of camera rubbbish pics and less struggles and open eyes - music was sensible and education was done without mago mago - this era is so bad our times is so hard
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by omocheche(f): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2012
NO! i love my generation.
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2012
Always wish I was born in ethiopia

Reason: All their girls get big nyash grin grin grin
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by dilbert100: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2012
not a century.....but i would love to have been around in the 70's
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Kagawa: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2012
Paris In the 20's

Gil: This is unbelievable! Look at this! There's no city like this in the world. There never was.
Inez: You act like you've never been here before.
Gil: I don't get here often enough, that's the problem. Can you picture how drop dead gorgeous this city is in the rain? Imagine this town in the '20s. Paris in the '20s, in the rain. The artists and writers!
Inez: [/b]Why does every city have to be in the rain? What's wonderful about getting wet?

[b]Adrian:
I can never decide whether Paris is more beautiful by day or by night.
Gil: No, you can't, you couldn't pick one. I mean I can give you a checkmate argument for each side. You know, I sometimes think, how is anyone ever gonna come up with a book, or a painting, or a symphony, or a sculpture that can compete with a great city. You can't. Because you look around and every street, every boulevard, is its own special art form and when you think that in the cold, violent, meaningless universe that Paris exists, these lights, I mean come on, there's nothing happening on Jupiter or Neptune, but from way out in space you can see these lights, the cafés, people drinking and singing. For all we know, Paris is the hottest spot in the universe.

Culled from the movie - Midnignt in paris
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by Peterpan1(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2012
I reall love this, i always that i was living in the BC era, and i was a general in the army, bt i thank God for my present life.
Re: Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? by IlCapitano(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2012
Chicago in scarface Al Capone's time. I'd have my consigliere,caporegime and button-men holding things down Corleone style. But then I heard they tortured terrible musicians in the middle ages. I'd love to go back and take a few nigerian musicians with me just to see them in stocks with looks of terror on their faces.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Most Expensive Toilet Made Of GOLD Cost $10 Million / Would U Allow Ur Girl To Do Dis? (check Picture) / Jos Bomb Blast Government Are Not Helping The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.