Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

..... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ..... (3651 Views)

I Am Now Begging The Shock For The Death Of A Boy That I Do Not Know From Adam T / How to overcome pain of death of a parent. / I'm In Love With My Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by dockymich: 9:27am On Nov 12, 2012
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2012
Sorry for what happened dear. Calm down, let me ask a few questions first.
Did you block him? Did you hold him? Did he hit you?
You don't have to answer but before I give advice I would like to know what happened before the pushing

2 Likes

Re: ..... by Kobojunkie: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2012
Have you informed the police? Yes, I get that you are still in shock but do you plan to wait for the next time he decides to SHOCK you some more before you do what you need to, to protect yourself? I mean he has done it once . . .chances are 90%, he will do it again.
Re: ..... by jodam: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2012
Swthrt, all I can say is understand the temperament of ur husband, and know how to deal with it.
Never argue with him.VERY IMPORTANT!
Somethings are bound to happen during the early days of marriage (this might be one of them)
Maintain your calm, and always do your part in making a good wife, building a good home, and what have you (be prayerful)
I guess, you don't want your marriage to crumble.
God will surely see you through.
Stay blessed!
Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2012
OP did you kinda block him from leaving the house? I presumed he's trying to leave so he doesn't do the wrong thing ( then he pushes you out of his way).

Pele mabinu...,,, Biko no vex Abeg ..,.you guys should have a talk and don't yell at him just listen.
Re: ..... by dockymich: 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ debrief08 tanks dear I kinda blocked him but he didn't hit me. He pushed me out of the way and walked out of the kitchen. I wanted to leave the house until tempers had cool down.
@ jidegirl12 we were at d kitchen wen it happened, he told me to leave his sight but I was still dere n den he pushed me and he left.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
dockymich: @ debrief08 tanks dear I kinda blocked him but he didn't hit me. He pushed me out of the way and walked out of the kitchen. I wanted to leave the house until tempers had cool down.
@ jidegirl12 we were at d kitchen wen it happened, he told me to leave his sight but I was still dere n den he pushed me and he left.

My dear, if you blocked his path as he was trying to walk away from a heated argument, then you initiated the physical contact and you invited the push. You can't take a physically aggressive stance and expect it not to delve into the pits after that. Please don't ever do that again.

That being said, your story is now confusing. He tried to leave yet he locked you in the house when you tried to leave?

3 Likes

Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
What started the argument?

What did you people argue about? You still haven't answered the questions
Re: ..... by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
You see, why will you block someone who wants to walk away from a conflict? Why would you block him and come back to cry abuse? When you do things like this you put people in impossible situations.
He didn't hit you just pushed you out of his way when you were both obviously upset and instead of letting him walk away and cool downn you were looking to aggreviate the situation.
He didn't abuse you, and after that he didn't hit you, this is not abuse, he locked the doors maybe because he knows the drama you could have created but that was wrong, he did the same thing you did trying to block his way.
Sorry about what happened, you are a new couple, try to work things out sensibly like adults without shouting and screaming and blockig doors, you are a wife, stop with the drama and tantrums, shouting serves no purpose, when you get so angry, send a mail or text but try not to get to that point of screaming, shoving and blocking doors.
Both of you need a time out, if he came here I would advice him not to shove you again but you too should never block an upsets mans exit.
Real abusive relationships are far from this, the man won't walk away he will thoruoghly abuse you, and not leave you in doubt that abuse has occured, stop watching nollywood and using it as a standard for your marriage. Calm down and make up with your husband

8 Likes

Re: ..... by obowunmi(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ OP: how long did you date him before you guys got married or were you one of those women who got married out of a desperation to do so - you didn't take your time to know your spouse??

Speak with him now, see a counselor before things get worse. Hopefully, he won't escalate the physical or mental abuse and violence.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
@

2 Likes

Re: ..... by ManchyBabe: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mrs Chaircover, i really apprecitae most of your comments on Nairaland, am also young in marriage, but listening and learning from people who have been in it longer helps...
There is a Thread (Husband Smokes Weed) that i read and it is almost giving me a HEART ATTACK!! Would you mind replying to it (Or you would rather not, not like i BLAME YOU! because 99% of the people are that thread have GONE BUNKERS! Due to weed smoking i guess)
undecided lipsrsealed

chaircover: You both had an argument and he wanted to leave the house/room but you blocked him and he pushed you. You later wanted to leave after the pushing but he locked the door? Did I get that right?

If I did, then this is the advise I have for you both. Marriage is a long long long journey and the foundation does matter. Build on a solid foundation and you end up with a solid structure. These are your foundation years so you need to both be very clear on how you want to build it. In short start as you need to go on.

Violence of any degree is a NO NO from either side no matter how little; so this needs to stop NOW!. This sounds silly but as you both don’t seem to have dealt with conflict resolution before you got married, so now need to both sit down ASAP and agree on how you will deal with conflict……trust me there will be tens of arguments in your married life so you both need to work this out sooner rather than later.

You both need to understand and agree that if walking away is the best thing to do when tempers are frayed, then the other person must not prevent him/her from doing just that. It’s far better not to try anything for the first time than trying to resolve the consequences when it happens.

So my advice to both of you is this. Understand that there will be arguments,
Learn to deal with arguments, without physical, verbal or emotional abuse.

However Make it quite clear in no uncertain terms in a language that he will understand, that you will not accept any form of abuse from him and you must comply with the same too. . . . . . So no blocking, no pushing, no nothing! from either of you!!!!!. If you both can’t resolve an issue there and then, then go and drink water, play gospel music loudly on the stereo and go and have a lie down. Basically walk away and sort out the issues later!!!!!

I sincerely hope that this is a one off and you have both leant valuable lessons from it.
:PMrs Chaircover, i really apprecitae most of your comments on Nairaland, am also young in marriage, but listening and learning from people who have been in it longer helps...
There is a Thread (Husband Smokes Weed) that i read and it is almost giving me a HEART ATTACK!! Would you mind replying to it (Or you would rather not, not like i BLAME YOU! because 99% of the people are that thread have GONE BUNKERS! Due to weed smoking i guess)
chaircover: You both had an argument and he wanted to leave the house/room but you blocked him and he pushed you. You later wanted to leave after the pushing but he locked the door? Did I get that right?

If I did, then this is the advise I have for you both. Marriage is a long long long journey and the foundation does matter. Build on a solid foundation and you end up with a solid structure. These are your foundation years so you need to both be very clear on how you want to build it. In short start as you need to go on.

Violence of any degree is a NO NO from either side no matter how little; so this needs to stop NOW!. This sounds silly but as you both don’t seem to have dealt with conflict resolution before you got married, so now need to both sit down ASAP and agree on how you will deal with conflict……trust me there will be tens of arguments in your married life so you both need to work this out sooner rather than later.

You both need to understand and agree that if walking away is the best thing to do when tempers are frayed, then the other person must not prevent him/her from doing just that. It’s far better not to try anything for the first time than trying to resolve the consequences when it happens.

So my advice to both of you is this. Understand that there will be arguments,
Learn to deal with arguments, without physical, verbal or emotional abuse.

However Make it quite clear in no uncertain terms in a language that he will understand, that you will not accept any form of abuse from him and you must comply with the same too. . . . . . So no blocking, no pushing, no nothing! from either of you!!!!!. If you both can’t resolve an issue there and then, then go and drink water, play gospel music loudly on the stereo and go and have a lie down. Basically walk away and sort out the issues later!!!!!

I sincerely hope that this is a one off and you have both leant valuable lessons from it.
Re: ..... by coogar: 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
dockymich: Hi everyone I have been reading topics on nairaland but this is ths first time I would ever post anytin. Am still in shock and I have cried my eyes out. Yestrday I had and arguement with my hubby and he pushed me, I fell but sustained no injury. I still can believe it cos my marriage is barely 3months old n dis is our first major quarrel. The sad part is dat am in a new state far away from my family and friends. When it happened I Wanted to leave the house to prevent any tin from happening to me, but my hubby locked the doors and prevented me from leaving the house. I cried out my hart and latr called my hubby elder sister and told her what happen. She was really upset and told her brother a piece of her mind, she also calmed me down n advise me to avoid further arguements. I have read so many stories of spousal abuse and am wondering if I wld end up been a victim of it too. It so crazy, am confuse and am wondering the next line of action to take

you brought this upon yourself - when a man is trying to walk away from a conflict, let him or use his formular by locking all the doors so he doesn't leave.....matter of fact, lock all the doors first before bringing up the argument.......but don't block his path...you cannot initiate the first physical contact only to cry later!
Re: ..... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
Interesting.
From a push to a slap, to a kick.

You were both wrong. Never block an angry man.
Even if your husband lost his cool, did he apologize for being physical later?

Anyway, stop whining, it's just 3 months.
Re: ..... by coogar: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
BlueDiva: Interesting.
From a push to a slap, to a kick.

You were both wrong. Never block an angry man.
Even if your husband lost his cool, did he apologize for being physical later?

Anyway, stop whining, it's just 3 months.

you mean 3 months is too short to whine?
how many years experience have you copped in the institution of marriage, bluediva?
Re: ..... by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

you mean 3 months is too short to whine?
how many years experience have you copped in the institution of marriage, bluediva?

3 months is too early to begin to post sad tales on NL. Haba.
The honeymoon never suppose finish sef.

Been rocking the boat for about 168 months now.
Re: ..... by ifyalways(f): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
@OP,what led to the argument?
Never block anyones path in the face of an argument.NEVER
Too early to start calling family and friends.It's your home,man up,sit tight and row your boat.

No victor,no Vanquished.You both need to go back to the drawing boards.
Re: ..... by coogar: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2012
BlueDiva:

3 months is too early to begin to post sad tales on NL. Haba.
The honeymoon never suppose finish sef.

Been rocking the boat for about 168 months now.

goddamit! 14 fabulous years!!!
you deserve a medal - a car - 3 chateaux in any village of your choice
Re: ..... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

goddamit! 14 fabulous years!!!
you deserve a medal - a car - 3 chateaux in any village of your choice

LOL. . .i married very early.
Re: ..... by coogar: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
BlueDiva:
LOL. . .i married very early.

i trust you.....you don't waste time, do you? grin
bluediva and the male gender go hand in hand and this has always been the case since your primary school! i met a guy who knew you in dublin! tongue
Re: ..... by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

i trust you.....you don't waste time, do you? grin
bluediva and the male gender go hand in hand and this has always been the case since your primary school! i met a guy who knew you in dublin! tongue

LOL. . .
Re: ..... by subzidi: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ Post
This reminds me of when i ran to NL to post my complaint during the early part of my marriage! My dear, i totally agree with almost everything Debrief posted!I really may not add much you just copy and paste. I guess your hubby didnt want you to leave the house and continue with the drama!
Also, try as much as possible and learn to resolve issues within yourselves before running to family/friends! I know you would be feeling really hurt now and prolly he has not even apologised cheesy Men have this childish ego that even when they know they are wrong they would still somehow want to show their muscle...
In fact if you are beefing him or not talking ,please try to cheer up and possibly carry on like normal then find the right time to discuss the issue and the best approach for conflict resolution in your marriage!
Marriage is tolerance, mutual respect and love. Please do not read so much meaning into what happened since it is a one off! You can look for my post and read for yourself what my own scenario was like too..
May God grant you wisdom you need at this time...hugs
Re: ..... by ronkebp(f): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Cry-baby...lol.....don't mind me ooooo, it is just funny....

1. my dear you still have alot to learn, people that have spent 20-30 years in a marraige are still learning everyday.

2. if i were you, this first couple of years is for you to study the type of man your hubby is, regular dating relationships are usually different from a marraige...so you have a long way to go.

3. you blocked him, he pushed you....2/4, both of you were wrong and you started it.

4. stop thinking about running away from home or reporting your relationship with your hubby with family and friends on every little squabble.

5. this is your marraige....make it work and avoid unnecessary "contentions".
Re: ..... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
Thanks Debrief and chaircover I couldn't have said it better myself.

That's what I'll tell my sister, don't block a man when he's trying to walk away for a break , they have bigger hands and muscles, what is just a push will feel like a shove/ hit on us, ma binu, pele , Biko kiss

and enough already with the back and forth excuses ,

you're married now and there are some things you both have to work out and talk about

about instead of yelling and shouting, he's your best friend ,

and don't start saying it around ,

if you sell him cheap to your friends and family... you can't regain the respect back....be careful and regroup
Re: ..... by slimchi2k2(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
@dockymich
sis i'm sorry for the pushin,but is too early to call his family, ur marriage is just 3 month old u started callin his sister,dnt allow them to come inside ur family because u we regreat it later,i think u are mutual befor u get married try to handlin somtins by urself and avoid some argument wit him
remember there's somtin u said in ur argument that lead to the pushin and u still block him
sis i may sound stupid but is tooooooooooooooo early to invit whoever to ur own house,pls just apply wisdom that's wat u need

2 Likes

Re: ..... by SisiKill1: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ronke went straight to our Grandmomma's type sayings for this kind of situation. - "Two ge four"

That cracked me when I saw it!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: ..... by semid4lyfe(m): 1:03am On Nov 13, 2012
coogar:

you brought this upon yourself - when a man is trying to walk away from a conflict, let him or use his formular by locking all the doors so he doesn't leave.....matter of fact, lock all the doors first before bringing up the argument.......but don't block his path...you cannot initiate the first physical contact only to cry later!

+50000
Re: ..... by ronkebp(f): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Ronke went straight to our Grandmomma's type sayings for this kind of situation. - "Two ge four"

That cracked me when I saw it!!! cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin Abi naaa, no need wasting time.....
Re: ..... by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
ileobatojo:

My dear, if you blocked his path as he was trying to walk away from a heated argument, then you initiated the physical contact and you invited the push. You can't take a physically aggressive stance and expect it not to delve into the pits after that. Please don't ever do that again.

^^^
Viewing this topic: *Kails* and 1 guest(s)
Re: ..... by pak: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
debrief08: Sorry for what happened dear. Calm down, let me ask a few questions first.
Did you block him? Did you hold him? Did he hit you?
You don't have to answer but before I give advice I would like to know what happened before the pushing

Wow, how come your first guess was what actually happened.
Its like you've started consulting crystal balls now abi ?
Re: ..... by pak: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
I think the advices here have been wonderful and on point.

@Debrief , Ileobabtajo - Sorry if it seems am digging up old dirt but isn't this what was causing the ruckus in a previous thread ? We somehow now seem to be on the same page as regards always having to probe deeper into sensitive issues before reaching conclusions/giving advice
Re: ..... by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pak, I guessed so because when someone shoves you normally its because you are blocking them and they have asked you to move you refused.
What caused issues on the other thread was insistance that abused spouses must do something to start or instigate abuse. It is not normally the case especially around people who accept abuse as a way of life.
Abusive people break you down mentally before breaking you down physically, you are made to feel you did something wrong and constantly have to change and adjust to avoid abuse.
In this case there was no abuse, she started it by blocking him, she was the initiator of physical contact, he moved her out of his way and didn't hit her.
Read where I told her that if she had been abused she will have no doubt that she has been abused.
If she was with an abusive husband who born her to block his path, she will be too timid because he will have absolute power and doing that is a challeneg to him and when you challenge him hmmmm, No words can describe what you will get that day
Abuse is not just physical but also emotional, women who break men down with horrible words that the man becomes drawn just to avoid abuse, you need to understand that some people are just damaged and use abuse as a power trip not because they need instigagtion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PLEASE READ! Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC) Customerss / How Come Women In My Family Don't Marry / Meet My Son, Pics- Zikamax The Best Mum In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.