Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt (952 Views)

Let Share How To Hack Wifi Using A Command Prompt / How Do I Remove This Virus "ahsan Mana Khan Bhutta" From My System? / How Do I Remove A Windows Multiple Boot Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by bacco2000(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2012
Please Nairalander i need your help... I have just formatted my pc with windows xp service pack 3. And each time i turn ON the system it rpompts for administrative password when it boots finish. And i've tried my possible best to turn off this feature but i didnt get it cos i dont want to password the system. Pls. How do i go about it.
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by deji2009(m): 11:48am On Nov 12, 2012
bacco2000: Please Nairalander i need your help... I have just formatted my pc with windows xp service pack 3. And each time i turn ON the system it rpompts for administrative password when it boots finish. And i've tried my possible best to turn off this feature but i didnt get it cos i dont want to password the system. Pls. How do i go about it.

Can you see press ctl+alt+del to restart?
Can you see a drop down box ?

we need to know whether is windows or
bios password. if you need further asistance
get back to us
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by NoQualms1(f): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Please how can I disable automatic updates of softwares on my laptop? I bought data meant for a month and it finished within 2 hours. I guess it's d updates that finished the data. Someone should please help.

Thanks.
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by deji2009(m): 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2012
No Qualms: Please how can I disable automatic updates of softwares on my laptop? I bought data meant for a month and it finished within 2 hours. I guess it's d updates that finished the data. Someone should please help.

Thanks.

click start, control panel on your right and look for update. Its not advisable but the choice is yours.
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by bacco2000(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2012
deji2009:

Can you see press ctl+alt+del to restart?
Can you see a drop down box ?

we need to know whether is windows or
bios password. if you need further asistance
get back to us

No i can't see something like that, moreover its windows password though i don't have issue with the password but been a desktop computer another person might want to work on it when i'm not arond thats why i want to stop windows from prompting for administrative password...
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by femi4: 8:23am On Nov 13, 2012
bacco2000:

No i can't see something like that, moreover its windows password though i don't have issue with the password but been a desktop computer another person might want to work on it when i'm not arond thats why i want to stop windows from prompting for administrative password...
If its XP

Step 1 : Click on Start , Control Panel and User Accounts in order.

Step 2 : In the following User Accounts screen, click on your Windows XP user name.

Step 3 : Click the Remove my password link.

Step 4 : In the text box on the next screen, enter your current password.

Step 5 : Click the Remove Password button to confirm that you'd like to remove your account password.
Now your Windows admin password has been successfully removed, and you can log on Windows with your Admin account.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by bacco2000(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2012
femi4: If its XP

Step 1 : Click on Start , Control Panel and User Accounts in order.

Step 2 : In the following User Accounts screen, click on your Windows XP user name.

Step 3 : Click the Remove my password link.

Step 4 : In the text box on the next screen, enter your current password.

Step 5 : Click the Remove Password button to confirm that you'd like to remove your account password.
Now your Windows admin password has been successfully removed, and you can log on Windows with your Admin account.

Thanks, i'll try that and get back to you asap...
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by NoQualms1(f): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2012
deji2009:

click start, control panel on your right and look for update. Its not advisable but the choice is yours.

Thank you Deji. Why did you say it's not advisable, my antivirus still updates automatically?

Also, I noticed that the memory on my hard drive started reducing by itself without saving anything on the system. My drive C: is showing red now. What can I do to stop this?

The last time something like that happened, I gave it to a Computer engineer but I don't have access to any now. Thanks.
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by yilia: 7:58am On Nov 27, 2013
Hey, it is uncomplicated to remove Windows password with a correct tool for your website.
And then, the tool I'd like to recommend to you is Windows Password Unlocker.
It has ever helped me for Windows 8 Password Recovery, you can take a try with it.
Re: Help!!!, How Do I Remove Windows Password Prompt by dangding: 4:27am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello, it is very important to backup your password after you set. Some people forgot it, you can follow this turial: How to reset Windows password

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Loading Blank Page On All Browsers / About Pups And Pums : Pls Assist / Neatly Used Dell Insiprio Corei5 16gig 750gig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.