Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

New African Writers' Forum - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New African Writers' Forum (2302 Views)

'League of Writers' Formerly Known As 'NL Super Writers Forum' / Nigerian Women Writers’ Forum (niwowf) / Do Contemporary African Writers Actually Sell Books? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New African Writers' Forum by adeashaye(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
Yes, we can have a forum for upcoming writers in Africa and Nigeria precisely where they will not be taken advantage of.
This forum will start from here and nobody will be asked to pay any money into any bank account. Administrators and pseudo-administrators in this part of the world are known for extorting money from people who are looking for means of survival, but we are not going in that direction.
Anyone who is interested in becoming a member should indicate and we will begin to share ideas. Many things are involved in writing and I can assure you that they are things anyone whose IQ is, at least, average can easily understand. It is a big lie to assume or say that some people are born writers! I can tell you with all confidence that I have discovered that writing skills can be meticulously acquired.
Let us come together and share ideas and extricate ourselves from the shackles of superstitions, ignorance and poverty!

4 Likes

Re: New African Writers' Forum by Pharoh: 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
This is nice, though am not a writer but a promoter of anything good and this is a good initiative, so you have my support.

1 Like

Re: New African Writers' Forum by adeashaye(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
Thanks a million, Pharoh.
Re: New African Writers' Forum by Coolval222(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nice idea

1 Like

Re: New African Writers' Forum by adeashaye(m): 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
Also, workshops abound where one can acquire the skills.
Re: New African Writers' Forum by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
adeashaye: Yes, we can have a forum for upcoming writers in Africa and Nigeria precisely where they will not be taken advantage of.
This forum will start from here and nobody will be asked to pay any money into any bank account. Administrators and pseudo-administrators in this part of the world are known for extorting money from people who are looking for means of survival, but we are not going in that direction.
Anyone who is interested in becoming a member should indicate and we will begin to share ideas. Many things are involved in writing and I can assure you that they are things anyone whose IQ is, at least, average can easily understand. It is a big lie to assume or say that some people are born writers! I studied Literature in English at Obafemi Awolowo University and now, I can tell you with all confidence that I have discovered that writing skills can be meticulously acquired.
Let us come together and share ideas and extricate ourselves from the shackles of superstitions, ignorance and poverty!
Re: New African Writers' Forum by Gazadiel(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
so how and when do we start
Re: New African Writers' Forum by Gazadiel(m): 10:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
[quote author=tony ayo][/quote]
Re: New African Writers' Forum by omidhe(f): 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
I am interested . Am a writer , both literary, and scripting(scren plays for tv movies , and radio)here is my Facebook account ema Omidhe let's do this

1 Like

Re: New African Writers' Forum by GentleCID(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
m interested to join the forum. send me mail on ocid2011@yahoo.com
Re: New African Writers' Forum by adeashaye(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2014
The goal here is for us to become good storytellers.
I think we should begin by cultivating the habit of reading and paying attention to details; a good writer must be a good reader. In other words, we need to read extensively and intensively.
We lose many things if we can read but choose not read. Reading broadens our perspectives of the world. It makes us more aware of life's possibilties as well as its subtleties and intrigues. It sharpens our perceptions.
Mark Twain says a person who chooses not to read has no advantage over a person who is unable to read. So, let us begin by reading. It is the best route to acquiring writing skills.

(1) (Reply)

"Clocking 30" By Mercy Obidake / Pastor's Second Wife - Episode 12 / ROMANTIC NOVEL: The NYSC Experience By Henry Batubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.