Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos (5830 Views)

Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Helpful Advice Needed On Student Life In Capetown, South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Guddy(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2012
Hey fellow nairalanders, He is new in Lagos (Ojo precisely) and want some helpful advice on how to stay safe and enjoy Lagos to it's maximum. Please try to be nice as your advice will be very helpful. Thanks
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
The safety rules that obtains where you came from also applies in Lagos but you have to put in more efforts because there are probably more criminals and muderers compared to where you're coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Freeopod(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
How did this make d front page wt no single comment? Ds mods sef!!!
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by eminex(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Shine ur eye well well!!!

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by markus1133: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
FP and no comments ..strange
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Ibangap(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
1st i'l ask u, wich village u from come nd wetin carry u come lagos?
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by santakris(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
Always be smart and attentive.

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by CLIQBOY(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Where you pass enter lagos....in other state border they always write welcome to kano,oyo but in lagos na THIS IS LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by AkinDavid2: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
Never leave home without your sixth sense, you need it more than your two eyes! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by surveyProf(m): 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
My candid advise to u is to just be yourself, never talk to streangers, ask question frm people expecially elders wen you miss ur way, dont enter one chance bus, e.g wen boarding a bus, dont enter frm outside the motor park, always enter frm the park for safty reasons, also make sure u arrive back home as early as possible i.e wen you go out perhaps b4 7:30pm @ most, finally, be security wise and always keep a tourch light around u wen sleeping, becos you never can tell wen you will need it, wen power goes off....

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by promkingzz(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Intresting. Even my posts haven't made front page I wonder how dis got there.
Anyways, what are we talking abt here? An educated nigerian adult? Dats what u need to be to survive...and I hope he has ears too. Ok o! Lata tinz
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by samtoye(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Just learn to mind your business and don't be a "Lagos Looker" (those that stand to watch any incident happening on the road. Avoid Night crawling and flashy living, then any other precaution you have developed from where you are coming from.
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by chinnyonwu(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
Diri sharp!

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
If its Ojo local govt area,then apply the following rules:
1.Be careful of cultist in that area,they maim,and obtain at will.(Iba,PPL,Franklass,etc)people in the area know what am talking about.
2.Never you go buy any electronics(New ones)in ALABA int'l market,na fake dem go give you.
3.Don't leave your home too early,you will be robbed at alaba rago,or before iyana-iba.
5.Most of the area no dey get lite,try buy small gen,or else,na heat go kill you,if robber no kill u.
6.Always enter coaster bus,or you are most likely to be whisked away by ritualist,along badagry road.
7.Girls there like money,cos Alaba boys don spoil dem wit cash,most of the boys can't toast,except they flash cash.
8.Manage buy small tv,and you are on your way to fvck your landlord daughter.
9.Get rainbooth,na water logged area ooo.
10. More to come.

13 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by SELFWORTH: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
Pray before you leave your home daily. This is key because its only by His grace that anyone survives in this city.

Always let someone (a TRUSTED confidant) know where you are and where you are going.

Don't act like the new boy in town.

Finally, finish your intended business in Lagos and return swiftly to where you are from.

5 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by yuzedo: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
MY ADVICE IS THAT THE JJC SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS GADDEM VILLAGE DAMMIT....

LAGOS IS FULL!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by dilbert100: 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
carry a bat !!!!
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Novice1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
yuzedo: MY ADVICE IS THAT THE JJC SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS GADDEM VILLAGE DAMMIT....

LAGOS IS FULL!!! angry angry angry

I concur. Is Lagos the only habitable place?

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Etumgbe(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
Always hold ur change when entering danfo and remember to shout owaaa when u get to ur bus stop.

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by DANILSA(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ibanga p: 1st i'l ask u, wich village u from come nd wetin carry u come lagos?
HE CAME TO DRIVE OKADA angry

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by alienvirus: 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
Move around like madman. Mad people live in Lag. If u are not mad, danfo guys will make u mad. My 5 cents sha.
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Koolking(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lagos is just like any other states/cities in Nigeria. It will be how you want it to be to you. Live uprightly, be smart, be undaunted. . . in fact, be sure you are right, then go ahead
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by juman(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
Sharp up quick quick.

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by alienware(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
guy here hard die. i suggest u return to villa.

2 Likes

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
My2Cents: Welcome to Lagos, the land of opportunities. Lagos will teach you her lessons and you will learn naturally, to advise you will mean to scare you. Use native intelligence. And Please relocate from Ojo to Lekki, we need more people here.

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Revolva(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
Welcome to the survival of the fittest haha
Ma no gere ma slow unless gbe ori e orrhoo!! The guy never see anything ojo haha okokomaiko body go tell am
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
No late nights, try to know the basic words in yoruba if you don't.

1 Like

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by poweredcom(m): 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
Always visit ashawo house cos lagos get plenty and all gals for lagos na ashawo openly or on mobile these days - at least I will get some ashawo hotel location for ojo soon. For the JJC
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Litmus: 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
Information gathering still going on and, Nigerians, generous and open minded as ever, still dolling it out... lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hope Of Getting Visa To Malta / . / Nigerian Passport For An Infant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.