Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! (1144 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
Hello Ladies,

2 hours ago, I was approached by a Channel 4 TV producer about ‘The Real Nigerian Housewives of the United Kingdom’ who is currently developing a parenting series and wants to hear from mum’s who would be happy to talk about parenting. This successful producer is looking for larger than life personalities with strong opinions.

She is looking for inspiring mums who have a clear and definable view on parenting and believe this works well for them. You should be a strong character who is proud of your style of parenting and believe others could learn from you. You should have two or more children.

I think this would be a very interesting watch and I know our Nigerian mothers have a lot to offer society. If you are interested please let me know. I have not discussed payment with her but the exposure is phenomenal and can go some way to improving our image becoming respected for our parenting skills.

Please join the group if one or more of these comments apply to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

http://realnaijwife..co.uk/

Kind Regards

Ella
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by tpia1: 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Please post the links as things unfold.

Hope it will be on youtube or somewhere accessible?
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 12:11am On Nov 14, 2012
Hi tpia,

I was only emailed this afternoon around 4 pm UK time so I don't know all the details, I will definitely post further details for you and others as I find out more. I have also asked if Nigerian mothers in Nigeria could be involved.
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
Maverick Television is looking for inspiring mums.

Do you have a particular parenting technique or method that you believe works well?

Are you proud of your style of parenting and believe others could learn from you?

We are developing a parenting show and want to hear from strong mums who would be happy to talk about parenting and what works for them. We are looking for mums with two or more children.

If this sounds like you or someone you know, please email s.carty@mavericktv.co.uk, don't forget to tell her Ella sent you! smiley
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by Ivynwa(f): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
Woyiiiiii! I told you so Lady Ell. I told you in your other thread that this can be real huge. I am happy for you dear.
I hope this works good for you. You go, you go!
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ivynwa: Woyiiiiii! I told you so Lady Ell. I told you in your other thread that this can be real huge. I am happy for you dear.
I hope this works good for you. You go, you go!

Lol. Thanks dear. But I am not getting anything out of it as I myself only have one child and am not eligible to feature, but I definitely think it will be interesting and can help show a positive image for one of Nigeria's most precious resources: OUR MOTHERS.

I think it will just be a series of interviews for now but who knows maybe we will see a documentary one day "The Real Nigerian Housewives"!!! grin
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 1:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
Maverick Television is looking for inspiring mums. They are the people who brought you:
-My Super Sweet World Class
-Embarrassing Bodies
-Get The Look
-Gok's Teens: The Naked Truth
-Embarrassing Bodies
-Britain's Next Big Thing (with Dragon's Den star)
-10 Years Younger and More
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
hmmmm

ella well done but i'm not sure about the way British TV likes to edit programmes to fit the agenda they have - I doubt this will be edited in a way to show Nigerian mothers positively - maybe i'm just too pessimistic and cynical, like you I only have one child anyway so wouldn't be able to apply but - i don't know o!!!

I personally have no desire to be famous for "15 mins" - hmmmmm however, I do know some people who have 2 or more kids - do they have to be Nigerian as I know a couple of mixed race families and other west african mothers
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
cotton101: hmmmm

ella well done but i'm not sure about the way British TV likes to edit programmes to fit the agenda they have - I doubt this will be edited in a way to show Nigerian mothers positively - maybe i'm just too pessimistic and cynical, like you I only have one child anyway so wouldn't be able to apply but - i don't know o!!!

I personally have no desire to be famous for "15 mins" - hmmmmm however, I do know some people who have 2 or more kids - do they have to be Nigerian as I know a couple of mixed race families and other west african mothers

Hmmm x 2!

I understand your reservations exactly. I don't know if they would try to portray Nigerian's negatively or not as I am not involved in the company but I do see it as an opportunity. It is really left to you to decipher from the questions they asked if they could make this appear negative. Nigerian women are smart and if they take the time to think before answering questions or refuse to answer leading or inappropriate questions then you can show this. I would be interested in watching mixed race families and other west African mothers too so I doubt this is limited to Nigerian mothers she merely contacted me because of the blog so please forward details directly to her I will put the email up.
Re: British Nigerian Mothers Broadcast On TV By Channel 4 Producer! by ell77(f): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
If you know how to present yourself and your family in a positive manner, please email s.carty@mavericktv.co.uk, don't forget to tell her Ella sent you! smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Man And His 4 Wives - Heart Touching Story / My Sister Need Your Advice Please / A Little Discussion Between A Child And His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.