Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression (3103 Views)

Pray for Muslims Being Massacred In Burma By Buddhist Extremists. (Graphic Pics) / Darfur Vs Gaza: African Muslims Are Worth Less Than Arab Muslims / Islam Forbids Aggression Against Innocent People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by vedaxcool(m): 7:22am On Nov 17, 2012
Gaza strikes: Motives and consequences

As widespread attacks and counter-attacks continue, we ask if these are the opening shots in Israel's election battle.
As Israel and Hamas fighters attack each other, fears are growing that their conflict could develop into a full-scale ground war in the Gaza Strip.
Israel says all options are on the table. Hamas says dark days await Israel. It also says it has, for the first time, fired missiles at Tel Aviv. The violence began after an Israeli airstrike killed Ahmad Jabari, Hamas’ military leader, on Wednesday.

"[Israel] did not initiate this attack .... We
continued to absorb a trickle of missiles, about
a 100 missiles every day, and at a certain point
in time the government of Israel says 'enough
is enough' and we are going to change the
basic situation."
- Raanan Gissin, one-time adviser to former
Israeli PM

Israel then launched widespread attacks on the Gaza Strip, and Hamas retaliated. World leaders have condemned the violence and loss of civilian lives, with countries including the US and Qatar urging peace and security. Khaled Meshaal, Hamas' leader, while attending a conference in Sudan, talked about Israel's attacks on Gaza:

"Today Israel is testing the pulse of the nation,
testing Egypt, testing the Arabs and Muslims ... if it
is able to dictate its orders as in the past or [if]
today’s leaders have another vision."
Elsewhere, much has been said about the use of
social media in this current offensive.
Often seen as a positive force for peaceful protest,
are we now seeing the first concrete evidence of
Twitter as a tool of military propaganda?
"Israel surprised all the parts when they came
and killed Ahmad Jabari and started to target
everywhere in the north and south, even
civilians ... so what kind of excuses and
justification is there to kill civilians or start a
round of violence against people? .... Our
message now is very clear: we will not allow
Israel to kill our people without a price."
- Ghazi Hamad, deputy foreign minister for
Hamas

The official Israeli military Twitter account announced the assassination of Hamas' Ahmad Jabari by posting an image of his face with the words "Eliminated" superimposed on it.
The Twitter account, @IDFSpokesperson, has been
working hard to update its over 100,000 followers in real time and in multiple languages. The Israeli army also has a blog. Meanwhile, the Hamas Twitter account, under the name of @AlqassamBrigade, with just 15,000 followers, has no fancy graphics or optimised tweets. But it does post the occassional link to videos uploaded on YouTube.

So, what are the motives and the consequences of
Israel's latest series of attacks on Gaza? And could
these be the opening shots in Binjamin Netanyahu's election campaign?

m.aljazeera.com/se/201211167028547136

The pathetic nature of democracy indeed! Criminal leaders who create wars to prove they are great leaders and this is what the christian conscience of tirabubu defends with religious favour we wonder how many Christians die as result of Isreal wickedness? The funny thing is that most Jews literally despise christ and christian, yet they found willing fools to defend their cruelty all because christ called they (non jews) pigs! Now really we wonder what sense people like tirabubu live by!
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:
RT: What is Israel's endgame here? What are they hoping to achieve?

GB: I don’t know how you define an end game at this point. They stated that the aim is to create deterrence. How do you determine that you created enough deterrence? Is it when you have killed enough people? Destroyed enough of the infrastructure? Destroyed enough buildings? I don’t know how you define it. What we have here is a bigger chance of escalation for a ground operation. We have to recall that Hamas rockets that they shoot into Israel are what we call a statistical weapon. They usually fall into open space, but they can fall onto a school bus, supermarket, apartment building and we can have major casualties. And if it does happen we will have a ground operation.

http://rt.com/news/peace-settlement-hamas-israel-882/

You can see that the modern missiles from Iran used by Hamas already have the Israelis quaking in their boots. They are begging for a ceasefire!
A wise person picks his battles. Iran is only interested in politics and will goad these people into the Lion's den. But you will never agree. Do you think the argument that Hamas is killing people with military training will sit well wit the international community? And Hamas cannot fight the whole world and win.

By your argument every person working in Israeli hospital, every Israeli nursing mother, every 90+ Israeli living in Old Peoples home, even the Israeli activists asking Israel to show restraint is a legitimate target!

Another argument you miss - Iran can supply its locally-made weapons to whoever
Saudi Arabis cannot do the same with weapons bought from the West, otherwise no new weapons will be forthcoming. Although that will be a huge opportunity for Iran to deliver the final solution to the "Saudi problem." Wouldn't it!
With the way you blame Saudi Arabia for every ill in the world, it would be a merciless day when you and your Iranian colleagues get an opportunity to rid yourself of this "Saudi irritation"

LagosShia:

the wahhabis whom you admire and defend blindly are the ones disguising themselves as mainstream sunnis and abusing the image of islam and muslims because of the saudi wahhabi illegal occupation of the muslim holy cities of Makkah and Madina.wahhabism is undoubtedly and proven a british colonial concept invented to cause fitnah and infighting in Islam and helping the enemies of muslim through their terrorism to falsely portray muslims as violent people and Islam as a terrorist religion.
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia: Iran ready to send humanitarian aid to Gaza: FM Salehi

Iran’s Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi says the Islamic Republic will continue supporting the people of Gaza and is ready to send humanitarian aid to the blockaded coastal enclave.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50PM

In a telephone conversation with Islamic Jihad of Palestine Secretary General Ramadan Abdullah on Friday, Salehi offered the condolences of the government of Iran to the families of the Palestinians martyred in the recent Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/16/272696/iran-says-ready-to-send-aid-to-gaza/

This does not address Tiarabubu's poser. Everyone seem to pledge aid when their is a war
Was Iran helping Hamas to pay salary before this war?
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2012
tiarabubu:

Are you completely oblivious to the silly claims that some Muslims make that a land once under Muslim rule must remain under Muslim rule? Or something like that? See how your brothers are romanticizing taking back Spain despite all these years. Already the moves have started. I am glad you think such reasoning is stupid.
Brilliant redirect! But do you concede that Israel's claim too is silly and baseless?

tiarabubu:
There is nothing negotiations will not solve.

You cannot force the Israelis and Palestinians together. It will not happen, I can bet so many things on that for the following reasons;

(i) Many allies of the Palestinians has expressed the desire to eliminate Israel
(ii)Many allies are not comfortable with the presence of Jews in that area nor the allies of Israel regard Palestinians well either
(iii) Many Jews do not want Palestinians with them as well (or at least do not trust them) neither do the Palestinians
(iv) Islam, which is major factor and the predominant religion of Arabs, does not regard Jews kindly. that further fuels the crisis as many militants are willing to give their interpretations to this problem and use it to fuel further crisis.

So you really agree that some issues cannot be resolved by negotiation
Fact is that no matter what people believe, Israel does not want the Palestinians to have a land border with any Arab country
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:
Saudi arabia is playing a negative and divisive role in the middle east and muslim world.

Saudi arabia has been sending weapons and terrorists into syria so syrians will kill themselves and that is done with the blessing of the US and israel.

Hezbollah have denied the false claims that they are fighting in syria.bashar al-assad and the syrian army are the ones backing and supporting hezbollah in neighboring lebanon.common sense doesn't allow me bashar al assad is in need of hezbollah fighters no matter how tough they are.

Iran denies a lot of things. Do you really expect me to believe them? If yes, why should I not believe denials by Saudi Arabia
Oh, sorry, I need a brain to be able to determine which denial is sincere?

LagosShia:
You should try and read to find out the position of Iran on the chechen conflict.you should also try to find out what is really happening there.the same wahhabi terrorists and foreign jihadists are the ones causing trouble in chechenya and doing harm to the cause and rights of the chechen people

The chenchen conflict is about self determination. Remember that the Baltic states are free of Russian oppression and you support possible secession by Saudi Shias. Saying wahhabi terrorists caused the problem when Iran set up Hizbollah in Lebanon is insincerity. So the wahhabi terrorists were fighting for independence on behalf of the Chenchens who just folded their arams. From time the Chenchens have been tough fighters. Even The Economist of London never makes that assertion. Of course the ambivalence of the "never erring" Iranians must be explained away in this wicked manner

So Iran is cozy with Russia, then they can have a free rein against an imaginary wahhabi terrorists sponsored by Saudi Arabia even when Saudi Arabia has its own terror problems

LagosShia:
However we muslims are mot expected to fight with every other non-muslim people we are living along with.islam also teaches us how to live in peace and co-exist.

Hahaha. Given your antecedents, you must have found this very painful to type! we should help people fight only in the middles east and encourage people to eschew fighting and live in peace (and throw out Wahabbi terrorists) in Chenchya, Dagestan, Myamar, China

Or, I am mistaken. Taqiya requires it. Live in peace! Even your language when you mention Saudi Arabia, America, Sunnis give away the game. Actually I sometime pray that you never catch me somewhere before I have the time to say Laa illah Ila Allah. Hahaha
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 9:03am On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:

Why are you judging others on paradise and hell,when you're not sure if you'd make it to paradise?

I apologise on behalf of Vedaxcool for straying into an area where the Shias have exclusive preserve to determine the inhabitants of hellfire!

Of course you (LagosShia) were an eye witness to what happened in the past while he (Vedaxcool) is clueless about what is happening in Syria

LagosShia:
as for you,someone who opposes calling Yazid an accursed person,should seek tawba or else you will inshaAllah share the abode of Yazeed.

LagosShia:

stop defending tyrants and oppressors in the name of being "companions".and stop defending the rebellious and disobedient 2 wives (out of at least 9 wives) who hurt the Prophet (sa).dont just bundle the companions and wives each into one basket.there were good and bad companions and likwise all the mothers of the believers were good wives of the Prophet (sa) with the exception of the daughters of the two tyrants (Aisha daughter of abu bakr and hafsa daughter of umar).
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2012
^
I know you're not well,but no time in this thread to cure you or give you further treatment.let us contain the wahhabi virus you're suffering from in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1094536/those-ask-why-muslims-violent

Come there and I'd give you answers as usual that will grow your wahhabi tail shorter and leave no escape route.this thread is about gaza and the massacre of its children.I will only further talk on that.sick people do not know when to talk what.I'm sure it pains you so much I keep exposing that ungodly wahhabi kingdom,and you keep bringing the same arguments.for God's sake old argument don't form new realities.don't kill yourself because even from what I'm reading online,the opinion of Sunnis in the middle east is one of disgust with saudi arabia's attitude toward israel and inaction toward the palestinians.for the first time I'm reading arab Sunnis cheering and blessing Shia Iran.the iranian weapons the palestinian resistance groups are using have caused unprecedented damage and shock to the israelis.for the first time in history arabs are able to shoot down an israeli F-16 fighter jet.hamas shot down yesterday an israeli fighter jet (and held hostage its pilot) using iranian (not saudi) made weapon.if muslims are united,israel will not continue to kill the children of gaza.can you imagine it is israel asking for a cease fire? When has that happened except with the blessings of the islamic republic of iran and the military assistance to the poor oppressed people of palestine? Ofcourse wahhabis under the disguise of being Sunnis are bent on dividing the muslims and serving their masters in the west- enemies of Islam.they prefer muslims (Sunni and Shia) fight and kill themselves than to unite and fight the common enemies of Muhammad (sa).

You care so much about israeli "civilians",while you forget that with the precision guided missiles,modern air warfare and high technology israel use from the air,the arab civilian population is what they target most.compare the over 1000 civilians israel killed in the 2006 lebanon war with the few hundreds of hezbollah fighters killed.then compare the few hundreds israeli soldiers killed by hezbollah to not up to 100 israeli "civilians" killed by hezbollah.

During the 2006,a rabbi issued an injunction that it is permissible for israel to target enemy civilian population based on "jewish law".that is what israel knows how to do best.they target with overwhelming force the civilian population to mount pressure on those fighting israel.the populations in both lebanon and gaza have learnt resilience and understood the psychology of israel.the Quran tells us to "fight them the way they fight you".previously,one of the hamas spiritual leaders (a sunni sheikh)-not sure if its Sheikh Ahmad Yassin,the cripple who israel bombed to death-had issued a fatwa that every israeli citizen in palestine is a zionist settler and is partaking in the crimes his governments have committed against palestinians.

So really what do you expect the palestinians to do? To say they don't want to fire missiles because israeli "civilians" could get killed? Those "civilians" (majority of them) are settlers/occupiers of palestinian land.they came from europe and elsewhere.if they don't want to die,they should go back to europe.their presence in palestine is to support and build israel to commit crimes against palestinians.they should leave! You can't expect the palestinian resistance fighters not to send in missiles when israel is killing civilians without feeling any shame or guilt.please what do you suppose the palestinians do? How should they fight? Saudi arabia cannot send them western made weapons because that is the slavery you commit yourself when you buy weapons from the west.they will commit you how to use them.they become more or less like toys.iran is supplying weapons and so is syria and hezbollah.hezbollah give the palestinians fighting experience and tactics.previously Iran have sent aid to gaza when there is no fighting.I've proven in another thread to tiarabubu that iran offers cash in hard currency to hamas.ofcourse iran doesn't tell the UN that is what it is doing and record should be taken! Let saudi arabia resume its funding to hamas even if the saudis cannot send weapons because they bought toys (waste of money). saudi arabia cannot send weapons to the palestinians because the weapons are from the west.but saudi arabia can send weapons and terrorists into syria (through turkey and jordan) to fight muslims (including Sunnis in the syrian army fighting for bashar al assad) because the west and israel want bashar al assad to go for the interest of israel.shame! the palestinians are using syrian and Shia iranian weapons to defend themselves against israeli occupation and agression while wahhabi saudi arabia is busy investing in fighting in syria.another shame!!!

Please if your argument are not related to gaza or the palestinians,use the other thread.you can discuss there chechenya,china,korea,mongolia and japan,and spill out all your "bad belle" against iran and the Shia while veiling your eyes from truth and reality of life on the ground.and I would only reply your points and hammer my own points.your silly bickering like bringing in "taqiyyah" (something found in the Quran to derail the thread would not be honored with reply-seems only Shia practice all that is found in the Quran especially taqiyyah and mut'ah.Sunnis are ashamed of the Quran-so instead of what God has given as guidance and outlined in the Quran rules,they form their own-instead of mut'ah marriage they formed "misyar marriage" and instead of taqiyyah when permissible they prefer simply lying.

And finally even if I meet you,the Shia don't go about killing innocent civilians of any faith talkless of fellow muslims.that is a specialty of salafists/wahhabis in killing others for what they practice in contradiction of the Quran that everyone have a choice to believe or disbelieve.you know we are in Muharram and commemorating Ashura,so soon we will start to hear of the wahhabi aka salafist suicide bombers targeting Shia civilians for commemorating Imam Hussain's (as) martyrdom and denouncing their master,the tyrant Yazeed (la).wahhabi/salafists only care about israeli "civilians" who are settlers/occupiers while it is fine with wahhabis aka salafists to butcher fellow muslims.

"A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims"
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2012
Russia will back Egyptian efforts to end Israeli aggression: Putin

Russian President Vladimir Putin says his country will back Egyptian efforts to put an end to the Israeli aggression in the besieged Gaza Strip.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:9PM

In a telephone conversation with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Friday, Putin said Russia planned to support Cairo's efforts directed at normalizing the situation in the Palestinian territory, the Kremlin said in a statement.

The remarks come after Egypt’s Prime Minister Hisham Qandil visited the Gaza Strip on Friday, where he urged the world leaders to stop Tel Aviv’s attacks.

Qandil promised to intensify Egypt’s efforts to “stop this aggression and achieve a lasting truce."

On Thursday, President Morsi also condemned the Israeli aggression as "unacceptable" and warned it could lead to instability in the region.

Some 25 people have been killed and more than 250 others injured in the new wave of attacks since November 14.

The Israeli regime frequently carries out airstrikes and other attacks on the Gaza Strip, saying the acts of aggression are being conducted for defensive purposes. However, in violation of international law, disproportionate force is always used and civilians are often killed or injured.

MAM/HMV

http://presstv.com/detail/2012/11/16/272661/russia-to-back-egypt-against-israel-putin/
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia: ^
I know you're not well,but no time in this thread to cure you or give you further treatment.let us contain the wahhabi virus you're suffering from in this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1094536/those-ask-why-muslims-violent

if muslims are united,israel will not continue to kill the children of gaza.can you imagine it is israel asking for a cease fire? When has that happened except with the blessings of the islamic republic of iran and the military assistance to the poor oppressed people of palestine? Ofcourse wahhabis under the disguise of being Sunnis are bent on dividing the muslims and serving their masters in the west- enemies of Islam.they prefer muslims (Sunni and Shia) fight and kill themselves than to unite and fight the common enemies of Muhammad (sa).

You care so much about israeli "civilians",while you forget that with the precision guided missiles,modern air warfare and high technology israel use from the air,the arab civilian population is what they target most.compare the over 1000 civilians israel killed in the 2006 lebanon war with the few hundreds of hezbollah fighters killed.then compare the few hundreds israeli soldiers killed by hezbollah to not up to 100 israeli "civilians" killed by hezbollah.

During the 2006,a rabbi issued an injunction that it is permissible for israel to target enemy civilian population based on "jewish law".that is what israel knows how to do best.they target with overwhelming force the civilian population to mount pressure on those fighting israel.the populations in both lebanon and gaza have learnt resilience and understood the psychology of israel.the Quran tells us to "fight them the way they fight you".previously,one of the hamas spiritual leaders (a sunni sheikh)-not sure if its Sheikh Ahmad Yassin,the cripple who israel bombed to death-had issued a fatwa that every israeli citizen in palestine is a zionist settler and is partaking in the crimes his governments have committed against palestinians.

So really what do you expect the palestinians to do? To say they don't want to fire missiles because israeli "civilians" could get killed? Those "civilians" (majority of them) are settlers/occupiers of palestinian land.they came from europe and elsewhere.if they don't want to die,they should go back to europe.their presence in palestine is to support and build israel to commit crimes against palestinians.they should leave! You can't expect the palestinian resistance fighters not to send in missiles when israel is killing civilians without feeling any shame or guilt.please what do you suppose the palestinians do? How should they fight? Saudi arabia cannot send them western made weapons because that is the slavery you commit yourself when you buy weapons from the west.they will commit you how to use them.they become more or less like toys.iran is supplying weapons and so is syria and hezbollah.hezbollah give the palestinians fighting experience and tactics.previously Iran have sent aid to gaza when there is no fighting.

Why should I back Israel? But you don't pick a fight with a bully without some backup
Did you read what you posted - there will be ground offensive which will kill more Palestinians. Is that not foreseeable?
What would be the result of all of that
It is only a mad person that jumps into a pool to have a swim with a crazy person
4 years ago, after Israel's use of phosphorus, what happened. People expressed outrage and went home
But of course, you are a Shia, your way is the only right way. No other strategy but yours will work

LagosShia:
Please if your argument are not related to gaza or the palestinians,use the other thread.you can discuss there chechenya,china,korea,mongolia and japan,and spill out all your "bad belle" against iran and the Shia while veiling your eyes from truth and reality of life on the ground.and I would only reply your points and hammer my own points.your silly bickering like bringing in "taqiyyah" (something found in the Quran to derail the thread would not be honored with reply-seems only Shia practice all that is found in the Quran especially taqiyyah and mut'ah.Sunnis are ashamed of the Quran-so instead of what God has given as guidance and outlined in the Quran rules,they form their own-instead of mut'ah marriage they formed "misyar marriage" and instead of taqiyyah when permissible they prefer simply lying.

Sunis don't believe in Mut'ah! You can enjoy it as much as you want
What is Misyar? How many Sunnis agree with it? The beauty of Sunni's methodology is that we can accept and reject from any scholar
The only person we don't reject from is Muhhamad Rasulu Llah (PBUH), the best of mankind. Beside him, anyone is fallible and can be mistaken, no matter how many people taking such people (in hiding or able to show face to be counted, visible or invisible, real or imaginary, mythical or evidenced) as their Lord, the target of their dua and/or worship

LagosShia:
And finally even if I meet you,the Shia don't go about killing innocent civilians of any faith talkless of fellow muslims.that is a specialty of salafists/wahhabis in killing others for what they practice in contradiction of the Quran that everyone have a choice to believe or disbelieve.you know we are in Muharram and commemorating Ashura,so soon we will start to hear of the wahhabi aka salafist suicide bombers targeting Shia civilians for commemorating Imam Hussain's (as) martyrdom and denouncing their master,the tyrant Yazeed (la).wahhabi/salafists only care about israeli "civilians" who are settlers/occupiers while it is fine with wahhabis aka salafists to butcher fellow muslims.

"A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims"
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

My "bad belle" against Shia is about the misuse of Taqiyyah, those who declare the blood of Sunnis to be lawful
You like to write long stories without addressing the hateful ideas of Shias who declare blood of sunni lawful
today you talk about unity, tomorrow it is about no unity

If I met you, the end has come. You have fatwa already. The only thing remaining is to implement it!

Sunnis are Kufar 0:54
Sunnis are bigger enemies of Shias than the Jews 1:50
The people (Sunnis) who will be in hellfire 3:53
Sunnis should be killed 4:35 & 5:19
Allah should curse unity between Shia and Sunnis 5:51
Worship of Ali and Mahdi 9:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnwJVURgEvE
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by vedaxcool(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:

O: what are teaching the boy, tell him to lower his gaze!!! grin grin grin grin in any case most arab countries do not recognize Isreal as a sovereign state let alone have any peace treaty with it! And just because Assad hates isreal does not justify the murder of innocent, remember I ask, in shia theology is it an excuse to kill people all because you hate the devil? Does hating Isreal make every action of Assad halal? Even his Ali worshipping ways? Please, the spirit of Islam requires that we stand on the side of truth and justice and hence no matter how unquatifiable Assad hatred is for Isreal, Allah says who ever kill unjustly is as if he has killed the whole of humanity, that simple fact will continue to ring louder than any propaganda you or your iranian/Assad buddies can muster!
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
BetaThings:

Why should I back Israel? But you don't pick a fight with a bully without some backup
Did you read what you posted - there will be ground offensive which will kill more Palestinians. Is that not foreseeable?
What would be the result of all of that
It is only a mad person that jumps into a pool to have a swim with a crazy person
4 years ago, after Israel's use of phosphorus, what happened. People expressed outrage and went home
But of course, you are a Shia, your way is the only right way. No other strategy but yours will work

Sunis don't believe in Mut'ah! You can enjoy it as much as you want
What is Misyar? How many Sunnis agree with it? The beauty of Sunni's methodology is that we can accept and reject from any scholar
The only person we don't reject from is Muhhamad Rasulu Llah (PBUH), the best of mankind. Beside him, anyone is fallible and can be mistaken, no matter how many people taking such people (in hiding or able to show face to be counted, visible or invisible, real or imaginary, mythical or evidenced) as their Lord, the target of their dua and/or worship

My "bad belle" against Shia is about the misuse of Taqiyyah, those who declare the blood of Sunnis to be lawful
You like to write long stories without addressing the hateful ideas of Shias who declare blood of sunni lawful
today you talk about unity, tomorrow it is about no unity

If I met you, the end has come. You have fatwa already. The only thing remaining is to implement it!

Sunnis are Kufar 0:54
Sunnis are bigger enemies of Shias than the Jews 1:50
The people (Sunnis) who will be in hellfire 3:53
Sunnis should be killed 4:35 & 5:19
Allah should curse unity between Shia and Sunnis 5:51
Worship of Ali and Mahdi 9:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnwJVURgEvE

Let me answer the two points I see as relevant for the sake of clarification to dispel lies (and not any other false claim in order not to derail my thread):

1.Sunnis according to you accept or reject from any scholar and that is exactly why you have so many illitrates around posing as scholars and they issue ridiculous fatwas.and that is the same reason you got freaks issuing fatwas and fools blowing up themselves,specifically the wahhabis aka salafists among Sunnis.

You can see an example of such ridicule here:

"'Tomatoes Are Christian,' Egyptian Salafist Group Warns"
https://www.nairaland.com/976055/tomatoes-christian-egyptian-salafist-group/1

2.The Shia have a recognized number of scholars known as "marjaiyyah" or juris-consults who usually carry the title of Ayatollah.I can challenge you that not one of our Ayatollahs who are the only ones that can issue fatwas the Shia follow,that have considered Sunnis as unbelievers.other (ordinary) Shia or even learned men with no influence may use emotions and talk a lot against Sunnis.I too may have done that.but the bottom line is not one Ayatollah consider the Sunnis as "unbelievers" or kuffar-maybe "misguided" but not "kuffar" to the extent of permitting killing Sunnis.I don't consider Sunnis "kuffar" and not anyone who recites the Shahadatain.even non-muslims are not allowed to be killed talkless of our fellow muslims.there is no place in Shia theology or in islam that would allow any muslim to kill anyone for believing as he please.if anyone kills another human being for believing what he chooses to,that would be going against God's will who in the Quran have told us "let him who wills believe and let him who wills disbelieve".it is ONLY a minority Sunnis who adhere to salafist/wahhabi movement ideology that make it possible to kill others for either being misguided,heretics of unbelievers based on their rulings.that conflicts with Islam because its forbidden to kill others because of their religious beliefs.islam promotes freedom to choose whatever you want to believe.non-salafist Sunnis do not consider Shia to be unbelievers either.a fatwa was passed in al-azhar that confirms the Shia as Muslims and the Shia Ja'fari school of thought as one of the islamic schools of thought alongside the four sunni schools of thought (hanbali,maliki,shafiee,and hanafi).Shia theology is taught in al-azhar,the fountain head of Sunni scholarship.all the church bombings in nigeria and suicide bombers in pakistan,afghanistan and iraq targeting Shia are carried out by Sunnis with wahhabi/salafist leaning same as what the majority of saudis follow.mainstream Sunnis don't behave like that.it is wahhabism/salafism that is fueling boko haram's hate and driving them to commit crimes against humanity against others who simply have other beliefs and have done no physical harm to muslims.for you to claim the Shia do this or say this,bring a fatwa from an Ayatollah permitting Shia to kill Sunnis.you will find none!tell me when last did a Shia strap himself with a bomb and enter a Sunni mosque to kill them for being Sunnis or "misguided".you will find none! The best you can bring is Shia retaliating in Iraq for killings done by extremists Sunnis like alqaeda members who are intoxicated and blinded by the wahhabi/salafist movement.even at that,Ayatollah Sistani was quick and swift to issue a fatwa forbidden retaliation against Sunnis.may be you should ask Oritsejafor the "area boy" of CAN to pass a ruling to fanatical christian thugs in jos and kaduna not to target Muslims in reprisal attacks when boko haram goes mad or ignorant and backward fulani herdsmen display barbarity.if you think the Shia are killing Sunnis,then feel free to open a thread like the one taking record of the attrocities and killing against/of the Shia.

The hypocrisy is so disgusting when someone tries to attribute the filth he abides by to others who are the victims of that filth!

"Egypt Presidential Candidate Said That The Shiites Are More Dangerous Than Jews"
https://www.nairaland.com/970957/egypt-presidential-candidate-said-shiites#11188773
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
vedaxcool:

O: what are teaching the boy, tell him to lower his gaze!!! grin grin grin grin in any case most arab countries do not recognize Isreal as a sovereign state let alone have any peace treaty with it! And just because Assad hates isreal does not justify the murder of innocent, remember I ask, in shia theology is it an excuse to kill people all because you hate the devil? Does hating Isreal make every action of Assad halal? Even his Ali worshipping ways? Please, the spirit of Islam requires that we stand on the side of truth and justice and hence no matter how unquatifiable Assad hatred is for Isreal, Allah says who ever kill unjustly is as if he has killed the whole of humanity, that simple fact will continue to ring louder than any propaganda you or your iranian/Assad buddies can muster!

It is in accordance with the spirit of Islam I am asking you to stand in the side of truth and justice and to support Assad,regardless of his alawite faith and what he believes personally.his beliefs are his business not ours.

The war in Syria is an israeli war against the regime of bashar al assad,and is been fought through proxies.no matter what assad believes,we must be fair and just as muslims even if the person we are passing judgement on be a mushrik!

What is presently going on in gaza should open the eyes of many.where are those countries (saudi arabia,turkey,qatar and NATO members) sending weapons into Syria for muslims to kill themselves? Why are they not sending weapons and particularly anti-aircraft missiles to the palestinians to enable them defend themselves? It clearly shows that what those countries are doing against assad got ulterior motives.they are acting by the orders of the west.

Today the palestinians in gaza are using syria and iranian made weapons,at a time other muslim countries are sending weapons to destroy syria.they send weapons into syria to incite sectarianism and for muslims to kill themselves.sunnis are killing sunnis.it is sunnis that are fighting for assad.the majority of the syrian army fighting for their president against rebels,foreign jihadists and terrorists are sunnis.

It is not in the interest of assad to kill his people because he surely knows if you kill the ones you want to rule then no one would remain for him to rule.the children of houla were massacred and assad was blamed.it only came out later that those children are from Shia and Alawite families and it was the NATO backed terrorists who killed them to incite sectarianism and terror,and then milk the crime to blame assad for political gain and international pressure.during war,it is inevitable civilians die.the same NATO backed terrorists calling themselves "free syrian army" have carried out kidnappings,beheadings,suicide bombings and killings.are we to blame assad for those too? Are we to blame him as the leader of a sovereign country seeing his country been overrun by terrorists,for defending himself and his country?assad is been punished for the immense support he offers to both palestinians and lebanese resistance groups against israel.as we speak,sunni palestinian resistance fighters are firing syrian missiles into israeli occupied territories.I don't see how undemocratic authoritarian countries like qatar and saudi arabia want to export democracy into syria.if today assad accepts to become a toy to the west and stop offering support to those threatening israel,he would become a darling of washington.but he refused because he knows the interests of the arab people comes first.finally,it is beyond doubt that the majority of syrians support assad,who has in the last year or so passed so many reforms in a democratization process and have called for dialogue with the opposition,that is been used to fight an israeli war.those syrian civilians killed are no different from the civilians in gaza killed.they are all victims of israeli wars!if the people were not for assad,he would have fall.more brutal rulers have fell by the power of the people.but what we have seen in syria several times are millions of syrians demonstrating in major squares in support of assad.not one major square is occupied by anti-assad protesters because a minority is against him.when the iranians decided to get rid of their shah,who was very brutal,they did that in 1979 through non-violent protests and many civilians sacrificed their lives.that was a time there was month internet,facebook,mobile phones or aljazeera.the iranians stood against a brutal pro-west monarch while the world stood watching.I see no reason why a people of any country that is made up of millions,cannot bring down the most brutal ruler to his knees if the majority will.
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
Locations of Hamas Leaders Identified during Qatari Emir's Recent Visit to Gaza

TEHRAN (FNA)- The residence and offices of a number of Hamas leaders were identified during the recent visit to the Gaza Strip by Qatar's King Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and later targeted by Israeli missile and bomb attacks, informed sources disclosed.

The emir of Qatar gifted a number of watches and ballpoint pens to Hamas leaders, which transmitted low-frequency signals to Israeli satellites, the sources, who asked to remain unnamed due to the sensitivity of the information, told FNA, adding that the Israeli military officials would then use the received signals to spot and assassinate senior Hamas officials.

Sheikh Hamad arrived in Gaza on October 23 to become the first head of state to visit the besieged enclave since the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, took power in the territory five years ago.

Qatar's emir have repeatedly met with Israeli leaders, and is working hard to boost the diplomatic clout of his small Persian Gulf country.

The Israeli military frequently carries out airstrikes and other attacks on Gaza Strip.

The new wave of Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip has claimed more than 41 lives since November 14. Ahmed al-Ja'abari, the popular and influential head of the Hamas military wing, the Ezzedeen al-Qassam Brigades, was assassinated in an Israeli attack on his car on Wednesday.

On Friday, Ahmed Abu Jalal, a field commander of the Ezzedeen al-Qassam Brigades, was also killed in an Israeli airstrike on the central Gaza district of Maghazi.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9107119940
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by BetaThings: 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:

Let me answer the two points I see as relevant for the sake of clarification to dispel lies (and not any other false claim in order not to derail my thread):

1.Sunnis according to you accept or reject from any scholar and that is exactly why you have so many illitrates around posing as scholars and they issue ridiculous fatwas.and that is the same reason you got freaks issuing fatwas and fools blowing up themselves,specifically the wahhabis aka salafists among Sunnis.

Yes because no one is infallible. But anybody who asserts has to bring his evidence.
And that is why there is bid'ah as warned by the Prophet (PBUH)
Simply because people will say/do things that do not have evidence. But we are able to reject them because they lack evidence
Your people keep on insisting that Mut'ah is allowed, but I have not seen any grand Ayatollah allowing his daughter to partake of this "blessed" arrangement

When a Shia AyatoLlah errs, nobody can correct him otherwise he is a dead man. So everybody falls in line with that misguidance
So is Kulaini correct when he says that the Qur'an that we have is complete or not. You (LagosShia) have claimed that the Qur'an is complete. So what is the truth? And why do two Shias differ. Are you Sunnis now?

So why was Montazeri placed under house arrest? And Shirazi too?
Here are Iraqi Shia youths stoning and killing people for their hair and dressing style. So who gave them fatwa for that? Sistani?

Stoned to death for being an emo: NINETY Iraqi students killed for having 'strange hair and tight clothes'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112960/90-students-Iraq-stoned-death-having-Emo-hair-tight-clothes.html#ixzz2CUXXNOYs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LagosShia:
2.The Shia have a recognized number of scholars known as "marjaiyyah" or juris-consults who usually carry the title of Ayatollah.I can challenge you that not one of our Ayatollahs who are the only ones that can issue fatwas the Shia follow,that have considered Sunnis as unbelievers.other (ordinary) Shia or even learned men with no influence may use emotions and talk a lot against Sunnis.I too may have done that.but the bottom line is not one Ayatollah consider the Sunnis as "unbelievers" or kuffar-maybe "misguided" but not "kuffar" to the extent of permitting killing Sunnis.I don't consider Sunnis "kuffar" and not anyone who recites the Shahadatain.even non-muslims are not allowed to be killed talkless of our fellow muslims.there is no place in Shia theology or in islam that would allow any muslim to kill anyone for believing as he please.if anyone kills another human being for believing what he chooses to,that would be going against God's will who in the Quran have told us "let him who wills believe and let him who wills disbelieve".it is ONLY a minority Sunnis who adhere to salafist/wahhabi movement ideology that make it possible to kill others for either being misguided,heretics of unbelievers based on their rulings.that conflicts with Islam because its forbidden to kill others because of their religious beliefs.islam promotes freedom to choose whatever you want to believe.non-salafist Sunnis do not consider Shia to be unbelievers either.a fatwa was passed in al-azhar that confirms the Shia as Muslims and the Shia Ja'fari school of thought as one of the islamic schools of thought alongside the four sunni schools of thought (hanbali,maliki,shafiee,and hanafi).Shia theology is taught in al-azhar,the fountain head of Sunni scholarship.all the church bombings in nigeria and suicide bombers in pakistan,afghanistan and iraq targeting Shia are carried out by Sunnis with wahhabi/salafist leaning same as what the majority of saudis follow.mainstream Sunnis don't behave like that.it is wahhabism/salafism that is fueling boko haram's hate and driving them to commit crimes against humanity against others who simply have other beliefs and have done no physical harm to muslims.for you to claim the Shia do this or say this,bring a fatwa from an Ayatollah permitting Shia to kill Sunnis.you will find none!tell me when last did a Shia strap himself with a bomb and enter a Sunni mosque to kill them for being Sunnis or "misguided".you will find none! The best you can bring is Shia retaliating in Iraq for killings done by extremists Sunnis like alqaeda members who are intoxicated and blinded by the

Shirazi is even a Grand Ayatollah. Check the video above from 5:09. He called Sunnis disbelievers and declared that they should be killed

In any case, why does Khamenei (who is actually junior to Shirazi) to need to call Sunnis Kufar when he can get his foot soldiers to do so? So the Supreme Leader cannot call his erring minions to order. Has things so degenerated in Shiadom?
We are not babies? You have said you don't want religious unity while Khamenei says the opposite. So we should believe that LagosShia, the assiduous Shia protocol upholder and light bearer, has gone bonkers and now contradicts Khamenei? Taqiya, Tagiya.

LagosShia:
"Egypt Presidential Candidate Said That The Shiites Are More Dangerous Than Jews"
https://www.nairaland.com/970957/egypt-presidential-candidate-said-shiites#11188773

So when you guys say our blood is lawful, what do you expect him to say? That you are his best friend?
This matter is simple. When Al Qaeda kills 2, they make a lot of noise. When a Shia kills 10, he says nothing but the victim knows where his misfortune comes from
So because nobody has taken credit for assassinating Iranian scientists, we should just assume that they were killed by "things falling off lorries"?
Same tactics by similarly deadly forces

BTW Shia says it is wrong to eat cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIAna2QiCwc
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by vedaxcool(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:

It is in accordance with the spirit of Islam I am asking you to stand in the side of truth and justice and to support Assad,regardless of his alawite faith and what he believes personally.his beliefs are his business not ours.

So you are asking to stand side by side with someone that blasphemes Allah? You can't be serious, muslim will be amazed at the fact that his faith suddenly takes the level of personal business, so in Iran and shia doctrine a Kafir can rule a shia state? One that insults Allah can rule a shia state? Offcourse the proves how hypocrisy is seriously undermining your argument, in iran only shia of the twelver sect
can be president, maybe you own Ayatollah tells you garbage but are you saying if a Khariwajee was to be president of Iran, his belief is personal?
By Allah maybe lagosshia tolerate blasphemy and sees it as being right and just, but me I will never go to such lows just to defend Iran! I wonder what has stop you from sending lanat upon him?

LagosShia:

The war in Syria is an israeli war against the regime of bashar al assad,and is been fought through proxies.no matter what assad believes,we must be fair and just as muslims even if the person we are passing judgement on be a mushrik!

Assad is not different from Israel, while Isreal shells civilian buildings of their enemies Assad shells the building of his country man, the same Assad will slaughter innocents and just like isreal and lagosshia call them terrorist, yes we see how he opposes Israel by using their tactics

LagosShia:

What is presently going on in gaza should open the eyes of many.where are those countries (saudi arabia,turkey,qatar and NATO members) sending weapons into Syria for muslims to kill themselves? Why are they not sending weapons and particularly anti-aircraft missiles to the palestinians to enable them defend themselves? It clearly shows that what those countries are doing against assad got ulterior motives.they are acting by the orders of the west.

grin the same Assad and Iran are acting the orders of Russia and atheist China, No? Anyone would know sending weapon into Palestein territory is tricky as most Rockets are made locally, yes they have ulterior motives, to prevent Assad from murdering innocent people under the guise of terrorism! That is the ulterior motives over 30, 000 dead all because Assad refused them the simple right of demanding he resign!

LagosShia:

Today the palestinians in gaza are using syria and iranian made weapons,at a time other muslim countries are sending weapons to destroy syria.they send weapons into syria to incite sectarianism and for muslims to kill themselves.sunnis are killing sunnis.it is sunnis that are fighting for assad.the majority of the syrian army fighting for their president against rebels,foreign jihadists and terrorists are sunnis.

It is not in the interest of assad to kill his people because he surely knows if you kill the ones you want to rule then no one would remain for him to rule.the children of houla were massacred and assad was blamed.it only came out later that those children are from Shia and Alawite families and it was the NATO backed terrorists who killed them to incite sectarianism and terror,and then milk the crime to blame assad for political gain and international pressure.during war,it is inevitable civilians die.the same NATO backed terrorists calling themselves "free syrian army" have carried out kidnappings,beheadings,suicide bombings and killings.are we to blame assad for those too? Are we to blame him as the leader of a sovereign country seeing his country been overrun by terrorists,for defending himself and his country?assad is been punished for the immense support he offers to both palestinians and lebanese resistance groups against israel.as we speak,sunni palestinian resistance fighters are firing syrian missiles into israeli occupied territories.I don't see how undemocratic authoritarian countries like qatar and saudi arabia want to export democracy into syria.if today assad accepts to become a toy to the west and stop offering support to those threatening israel,he would become a darling of washington.but he refused because he knows the interests of the arab people comes first.finally,it is beyond doubt that the majority of syrians support assad,who has in the last year or so passed so many reforms in a democratization process and have called for dialogue with the opposition,that is been used to fight an israeli war.those syrian civilians killed are no different from the civilians in gaza killed.they are all victims of israeli wars!if the people were not for assad,he would have fall.more brutal rulers have fell by the power of the people.but what we have seen in syria several times are millions of syrians demonstrating in major squares in support of assad.not one major square is occupied by anti-assad protesters because a minority is against him.when the iranians decided to get rid of their shah,who was very brutal,they did that in 1979 through non-violent protests and many civilians sacrificed their lives.that was a time there was month internet,facebook,mobile phones or aljazeera.the iranians stood against a brutal pro-west monarch while the world stood watching.I see no reason why a people of any country that is made up of millions,cannot bring down the most brutal ruler to his knees if the majority will.

Lagosshia uses the same tactic Isreal, US and Russia apply whenever they kill innocent muslims, simply call them terrorist and that does the tricks and robs them of their humanity! Assad shells civilian building Israel does the same, unless I am missing something they both shell all this building to drive away "terrorist". You really brought everything to table!
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2012
^

1. Alawites are not kuffar.they believe in Allah and the Prophet (sa) and also the 12 holy Imams (as) from the Prophet's (sa) household.they may be "misguided" just as Sunnis or,they may even be Ghulat,but definitely not "kuffar".they don't worship Imam Ali (as) according to them.the Sunnis especially have accused them of that while they deny,just like Wahhabis falsely accuse Shia of "grave worship" and christians/non-muslims see muslims as"Ka'ba worshippers" out of annoying stupidity.so regardless,beliefs should be no reason why you should wrong another human being and treat him bad.

2.Assad doesn't need to kill his own people.israel is a foreign enemy that doesn't care about arab and muslim life.assad is syrian.it is the terrorists fighting israel's war against assad that are killing civilians.

3.Iran is 90% or more Shia.Syria is divided across both sectarian and ethnic lines.Sunni arabs barely make up to 50% of the population and they are divided with at least half of them supporting assad (i.e. 25%).sunni kurds who make up 20% are with assad.alawites and Shia are about 15% and are pro-assad.druze are about 5% and are divided.christians make up about 10% and are fully pro-assad.the assasinated defence minister of syria killed by terrorists,dawud rajha,is christian.

4.It is the rockets and missiles of assad and his iranian allies that the palestinians are using.fajr missiles,cornet among others are syrian and iranian missiles palestinians are using right now in gaza.follow the news.it is syrian and iranian long range missiles that have hit far away tel aviv and jerusalem.the locally produced firecrackers (you call rockets) of the palestinians fired from gaza mainly target nearby (to gaza) settlements.they don't reach as far as tel aviv and jerusalem.the "kaffir" assad is being punished by Vedaxcool's "muslim" USA and its authocratic wahhabi allies for supporting Sunni palestinians.what an irony!
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2012
Stop pretending the US is an uninvolved, helpless party in the Israeli assault on Gaza

The Obama administration's unstinting financial, military and diplomatic support for Israel is a key enabling force in the conflict

Glenn Greenwald

guardian.co.uk, Sat 17 Nov 2012 17.20 GMT

A central premise of US media coverage of the Israeli attack on Gaza - beyond the claim that Israel is justifiably "defending itself" - is that this is some endless conflict between two foreign entitles, and Americans can simply sit by helplessly and lament the tragedy of it all. The reality is precisely the opposite: Israeli aggression is possible only because of direct, affirmative, unstinting US diplomatic, financial and military support for Israel and everything it does. This self-flattering depiction of the US as uninvolved, neutral party is the worst media fiction since TV news personalities covered the Arab Spring by pretending that the US is and long has been on the side of the heroic democratic protesters, rather than the key force that spent decades propping up the tyrannies they were fighting.

Literally each day since the latest attacks began, the Obama administration has expressed its unqualified support for Israel's behavior. Just two days before the latest Israeli air attacks began, Obama told Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmud Abbas "that his administration opposes a Palestinian bid for non-state membership of the UN". Both the US Senate and House have already passed resolutions unequivocally supporting Israel, thus earning the ultimate DC reward: the head-pat from Aipac, which "praised the extraordinary show of support by the Senate for Israel's struggle against terrorist attacks on its citizens". More bipartisan Congressional cheerleading is certain to come as the attacks continue, no matter how much more brutal they become.

In reflexive defense of Israel, the US government thus once against put itself squarely at odds with key nations such as Turkey (whose prime minister accused Israel of being motivated by elections and demanded that Israel be "held to account" for mounting civilians deaths), Egypt (which denounced Israeli attacks as "aggression against humanity" ), and Tunisia (which called on the world to "stop the blatant aggression" of Israel).

By rather stark contrast, Obama continues to defend Israel's free hand in Gaza, causing commentators like Jeffrey Goldberg to gloat, not inaccurately: "Barack Obama hasn't turned against Israel. This is a big surprise to everyone who has not paid attention for the last four years" (indeed, there are few more compelling signs of how dumb and misleading US elections are than the fact that the only criticism of Obama on Israel heard over the last year in the two-party debate was the grievance that Obama evinces insufficient fealty - rather than excessive fealty - to the Israeli government). That the Netanyahu government knows that any attempt to condemn Israel at the UN would be instantly blocked by the US is a major factor enabling them to continue however they wish. And, of course, the bombs, planes and tanks they are using are subsidized, in substantial part, by the US taxpayer.

If one wants to defend US support for Israel on the merits - on the ground that this escalating Israeli aggression against a helpless population is just and warranted - then one should do so. As I wrote on Thursday, it's very difficult to see how those who have cheered for Obama's foreign policy could do anything but cheer for Israeli militarism, as they are grounded in the same premises.

But pretending that the US - and the Obama administration - bear no responsibility for what is taking place is sheer self-delusion, total fiction. It has long been the case that the central enabling fact in Israeli lawlessness and aggression is blind US support, and that continues, more than ever, to be the case under the presidency of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner.

The US is not some neutral, uninvolved party. Whatever side of this conflict you want to defend - or if you're one of those people who love to announce that you just wish the whole thing would go away - it's still necessary to take responsibility for the key role played by the American government and this administration in enabling everything that is taking place.

Media coverage

Due to extensive travel the past few days, I've been subjected to far more television news coverage than is probably healthy, and it's just been staggering to see how tilted US media discourse is: Israeli officials and pro-Israel "experts" are endlessly paraded across the screen while Palestinian voices are exceedingly rare; the fact of the 45-year-old brutal occupation and ongoingIsraeli dominion over Gaza is barely mentioned; meanwhile, every primitive rocket that falls harmlessly near Israeli soil is trumpeted with screaming headlines while the carnage and terror in Gaza is mentioned, if at all, as an afterthought. Two cartoons perfectly summarize this coverage: here and here.

On a related note, the Nation's Jeremy Scahill was interviewed on Tuesday night after a Sundance Institute panel on political documentaries which I moderated. Scahill, who is working on a documentary entitled "Dirty Wars" about the US violence in Yemen and other parts of the Muslim world, spoke for 12 minutes to We Are Change about Obama's terrorism and foreign policies; I highly recommend it:

UPDATE

According to Haaretz, Israel's Interior Minister, Eli Yishai, said this about Israel's attacks on Gaza: "The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages." Let me know if any of the US Sunday talk shows mention that tomorrow during their discussions of this "operation".

http://guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/17/israel-gaza-us-policy?cat=commentisfree&type=article
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by proo212(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
LagosShia: A Powerful Picture of Egyptian Prime Minister Hesham Qandil Kissing the Forehead of a Dead Palestinian Child Carried By Hamas' Prime Minister of Gaza,Ismaeel Haniya.The Child Was Killed By An Israeli Air Strike in Gaza.Egypt's Prime Minister is in Gaza on a Three Hour Visit to Broker a Possible Truce to the Fighting

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A70v7WpCIAA5YIs.jpg:large[/img]
Let me say that I do not believe the life of a Palestinian is worth less than that of an Israeli and all form of war should stop ASAP but when lies are being printed to elicit sympathy then that is also victim-hood under false pretences

@Lagosshia, I trust you know that this piece of news is false!!! Israel did not fire rockets when the Egyptian PM was there. Other news sources can accurately verify this

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/world/middleeast/in-gaza-tragic-result-for-misplaced-hopes-of-cease-fire.html?_r=1&

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/9685564/Israeli-forces-prepare-for-war-as-troops-mass-on-Gaza-border.html

But there were signs on Saturday that not all the Palestinian casualties have been the result of Israeli air strikes. The highly publicised death of four-year-old Mohammed Sadallah appeared to have been the result of a misfiring home-made rocket, not a bomb dropped by Israel.
The child’s death on Friday figured prominently in media coverage after Hisham Kandil, the Egyptian prime minister, was filmed lifting his dead body out of an ambulance. "The boy, the martyr, whose blood is still on my hands and clothes, is something that we cannot keep silent about," he said, before promising to defend the Palestinian people.
But experts from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights who visited the site on Saturday said they believed that the explosion was caused by a Palestinian rocket.
In the chaos, it is highly unlikely that Mr Kandil or anyone else at the hospital suspected that the death was the result of anything but an air strike.
Sharif Khalah, 26, was standing at the end of the alleyway by the road when the explosion happened.
"Suddenly there was this whistling noise, a whoosh and then bang," he told The Sunday Telegraph."I couldn’t see anything for about 10 minutes because there was so much dust and smoke. Then I saw the little boy."

Less than 24 hours after her youngest son’s death, Esmat Sadallah, Mohammed’s mother, was too bereft to apportion blame. It was possible he was struck by a rocket fired by Palestinian fighters, she said. It was also possible he was killed in an Israeli strike, she added, although nobody had heard the sound of a drone or plane in the sky just before the explosion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OImcBKEIIs&feature=player_embedded

This is another one....
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2012
^
Israeli propaganda is not only trying to deceive people but disrespecting the dead as well.let us assume,this kid with the egyptian PM in the pic was killed mistakenly by a hamas rocket intended to be fired at israel,how many more palestinian children have been killed by israeli air strikes? Yesterday alone israeli air strike killed 11 members of the same family.was it also mistaken rocket or friendly fire that killed them or deliberate israeli strike?I was about posting the news from the UK guardian when I saw your post.the palestinians are victims of israeli agression and have no need whatsoever at all to pretend, and have no need to lie.there are enough palestinian children killed by israeli strikes,to choose one body for a pic.when the egyptian PM was in gaza,there was a 3 hour cease fire.it is therefore not suprising there was still blood on the boy's body.but of course the pic is very touching and israel is trying to discredit it to salvage its image while forgeting it has killed many children both during this present aggression and previous times too.in this current aggression the 11 month old baby of the BBC correspondent in Gaza was killed and he was pictured carrying his baby with tears flowing.may be israel is asking for the egyptian PM to have visited more dead babies.let us also assume as alleged that this boy in particular was killed mistakenly by a palestinian rocket.when did the incident take place and which news outlet announced before the pic was taken? Was the boy the boy the only victim?
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 9:20am On Nov 19, 2012
Gaza: four children killed in single Israeli air strike

Attack believed to be aimed at Hamas official wipes out 11 members of a single family as onslaught continues

Harriet Sherwood in Jerusalem

The Guardian, Mon 19 Nov 2012 06.39 GMT

At least 11 members of one family, including five women and four children, were killed when Israel bombed a house in Gaza City on Sunday as the five-day-old war claimed more civilian lives with no sign of a let-up in the intense bombardment.

The air strike flattened the home of the Dalou family in the Sheikh Radwan district of Gaza City, causing the biggest death toll in a single incident since the offensive began last Wednesday.

On Monday morning the Israeli defence force appeared to admit the family had been killed by mistake. The Haaretz website quoted the army as saying their house was either incorrectly pinpointed or a missile malfunctioned.

Elsewhere in the city early Monday an air strike levelled two houses belonging to a single family, killing two children and two adults and injuring 42 people, including children, said Gaza heath official Ashraf al-Kidra. Rescue workers were frantically searching for 12 to 15 members of the Azzam family under the rubble. Shortly afterwards, Israeli aircraft bombarded the remains of the former national security compound in Gaza City. Al-Kidra said flying shrapnel killed one child and wounded others living nearby.

After the Dalou family home was destroyed, the bodies of the children were pulled from the rubble and taken to the morgue at Shifa hospital. The dead also included an 80-year-old woman.

Ismael Haniyeh, the Hamas prime minister, described the deaths as an "ugly massacre" and the Hamas military wing, al-Qassam Brigades, said: "The massacre of the Dalou family will not pass without punishment."

Diggers at the scene of the explosion were scooping rubble from flattened buildings as rescuers tried to locate survivors.

Witnesses said there were chaotic scenes as the dead and injured were brought to the Shifa hospital, which has been on emergency footing since the start of Operation Pillar of Defence.

The bodies of four young children lay on two metal trays in the morgue, covered in dust and blood. A crowd of onlookers outside became increasingly distressed as the body of the children's mother was wheeled in, covered in blankets.

The strike was originally thought to have been aimed at a Hamas official, Mohamed Dalou.

In all, 84 Palestinians, about half of them civilians, have been killed in the five-day onslaught and 720 have been wounded. Three Israeli civilians have died from Palestinian rocket fire and dozens have been wounded.

After an overnight lull in rocket fire from Gaza, Hamas and other groups renewed their attacks on Sunday. Sirens were activated in Tel Aviv for the third day running. Israel Army Radio reported that two rockets fired at the city were shot down by Iron Dome defence system. Late night, there were reports of renewed shelling in Gaza by Israeli navel vessels.

The tactic of targeting militants' homes carries the risk of further high casualties in the densely populated areas of Gaza's main cities. Many militants have moved their families to safer areas before going into hiding themselves. The Israeli military has also expanded the scope of its targets to take in Hamas-run government offices and compounds.

Some families living near militants or government buildings are leaving their homes to move in with relatives in signs of increasing internal displacement within the small and crowded Gaza Strip.

Israel claims it is carrying out "surgical strikes" and making strenuous efforts to avoid civilian casualties. "It is our intention to avoid what is called collateral damage," Moshe Yaalon, minister for strategic affairs, told a press conference in Jerusalem. "We operate slowly, identify the target and clean the area around it," he added, referring to warnings issued via dropped leaflets and text messages to civilians to stay away from individuals and locations likely to be targeted.

"But when they use civilians as human shields, what is our choice?" he said. "If they position rockets in densely populated areas, such as mosques and schoolyards, we should not be blamed for the outcome."

The World Health Organisation warned that Gaza's medical facilities were being overwhelmed as the number of people injured in air strikes topped 400, about one-third of whom are children.

"Many of those injured have been admitted to hospitals with severe burns, injuries from collapsing buildings and head injuries," the WHO said in a statement issued in Geneva. The UN body appealed for $10m (£6.3m) in immediate international support to help them cope with the casualties.

Sunday's death toll came after a night of heavy bombardment, including repeated and intensive fire from gunboats stationed off the Gaza coast.

Two buildings housing media organisations were struck in the early hours, injuring eight Palestinian journalists including a cameraman who lost a leg.

The al-Shawa building, which includes the studios of al-Quds television, which is associated with Islamic Jihad, and the al-Shuruq building, housing Sky News, al-Arabiya news network, Dubai TV and an office of al-Aqsa TV, which is affiliated with Hamas, were hit.

In a statement, the Israeli Defence Forces said: "A communications antenna used by Hamas to carry out terror activity against the state of Israel, was ... targeted." The IDF denied that journalists were targeted.

Israel opened the Kerem Shalom crossing to Gaza briefly to allow humanitarian aid to enter and 26 patients and their families to leave for medical treatment.

http://guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/18/gaza-israel-children-killed-air-strike?cat=world&type=article
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by proo212(m): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Maybe this video from Al-Aqsa TV that shows rockets in residential areas will convince you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SciFayG9jak&feature=player_embedded
Re: Pray For the Palestinians-Gaza Under Renewed Israeli Aggression by LagosShia: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
^
No it will not convince me because the palestinians have a right to defend themselves.israel is the occupier and the palestinians are the victims of israeli occupation.

Israel is a terrorist state.the establishment of israel itself was not a peaceful one.the founding father of israel,ben gurion,was a zionist terrorist.the zionist did not ethnically cleanse palestinians and took over the entire land waving a white flag.they did that through massacres like the massacre of deir yassin where an entire village was wiped.how do you expect millions of jews coming to settle an inhabited land without removing the inhabitants? Are rockets too been fired from palestinian homes that continue to be demolished and land confiscate to pave way for jewish settlers?

Yes,everytime israel kill children,there is an excuse.first the child in the picture was killed by friendly fire.then,israel is killing children because their houses are used to launch missiles.seriously,I don't care what israel,the terrorist state say.since this current aggression against gaza,over 100 palestinians have been killed while hundreds have been injured.only about 10 israelis have been killed while about 100 have been injured.so who is the terrorist here? Do you think if hamas wants to be launching over a 100 missiles daily into israel (like hezbollah did in the 2006 lebanon war) more israelis wouldn't have died? Please who is the terrorists here? The "good guy" (israel) always kill more civilians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explaining The Fundamentals Of Faith : Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen Chapter 2 / Relying On Allah: A Path To Ease And Provision / Al-fatih-ul-quareeb Forum! - Just established!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 269
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.