Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Candid Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Candid Advice Needed (1137 Views)

Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship / Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / Face With A Divorce Decision And I Need Ur Candid Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Advice Needed by andy24(m): 7:40am On Nov 15, 2012
Good morning my brothers and sister on NL.

Please i need your advice. My kid bro wants to go into a blood oat[i][/i][color=#990000][/color] sad with his girlfriend and i am not okay with this development. Please what are the side effect of undergoing a blood oat and can i say to discourage him from this bad intention of his. Thank you
Re: Candid Advice Needed by k2039: 8:19am On Nov 15, 2012
Any promise made must be kept.

Since it has to do with blood he can get HIV and other horrible disease that has to do with blood.

MY2CENT 4 YOUR BROTHER:I have a feeling the girl found out something bad about herself(health wise or any other thing that could jeopardise the relationship),so she knows if your brother knows he will likely leave her,so she is only trying to make him commit and once your brother commits their is absolutely nothing that he will do to get out.
So if he goes ahead with the oath the girl won.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Enoquin(f): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2012
How old is your kid brother? How close are you guys and what level of respect does he have for you?

I am asking because the level of respect between sibling these days is crazy...anyways, tell your brother the implications of an oath much less one that involves blood...

If all advice fails, call the girl and tell her that your brother has got a blood disease...and that you are grateful that she still loves him and even wants to do an oath with him regardless of the disease or illness...the girl would surely think twice...but your kid brother should be in on the deal oh

I am thinking that your kid brother has slept with this girl, probably deflowered her and she doesn't want to let him go
Re: Candid Advice Needed by andy24(m): 9:48am On Nov 15, 2012
[color=#990000]My kid bro is about 21 years old and we are very close that's why he would open up and tell me such things. The girl in question has succeeded in making him think that bu having a blood oath with her it would reduce the way he flirts to the barest minimum and also the way other girls are attracted to him cos he is very handsome. cry
Re: Candid Advice Needed by ifyalways(f): 11:41am On Nov 15, 2012
Is ASUU on strike again undecided
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Popsicle: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2012
In this day & age? How old is he that he doesnt know the grievious implications of taking a blood oath? Does he want to run mad or suffer other spiritual problems if he backs out later? What about the dreaded HIV & AIDS disease? Pls tell your parents cos they will be in a better position to talk some sense to the senseless young couple!.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by 234GT(m): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tell him to take the blood oath so that he will be a lesson for others.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by slimyem: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
*checks the calendar to see if this year is still 2012 or if a time machine has transported me back to 1942*cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Candid Advice Needed by AdeniyiA(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
in this era of civilisation,blood covenant/oath? wt their past lives in focus,there is no way they will not betray each other -of wch repercussion is terrible.
methink your brother needs candid whipping not advice
Re: Candid Advice Needed by andy24(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
slimyem: *checks the calendar to see if this year is still 2012 or if a time machine has trasported me back to 1942*cheesycheesycheesy

Omo the matter just tire me. how can a young man be thinking of such a thing in the modern age
Re: Candid Advice Needed by andy24(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
in this era of civilisation,blood covenant/oath? wt their past lives in focus,there is no way they will not betray each other -of wch repercussion is terrible.
methink your brother needs candid whipping not advice
lol
Re: Candid Advice Needed by CrazyMan(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
I'm not in support of blood oaths....When you love someone badly that it hurts, the best you can do in order to avoid ending up with a high blood pressure is to give the person the benefit of the doubt, and profess your love.

For your brother's girl to think that making him (your brother) take an oath so that he wouldn't b*ang another person in the near future or jilt her is utter rubbish!

The pure truth is that blood oath doesn't actually work...imo, I see it as an occultic practice, and also as an avenue to glorify satan.

You cannot not possible tell me that piercing my thumb with a neddle or so, uttering some gibberish, and finally licking it...or vistting a native doctor, would make someone you claim to love stick to you.

In case you don't know....love is a gamble. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't...There's no way either of them would know whether the love would last for years to come or not. This is the risk involved in a relationship...and if he's planing to go into a relationship, he must be prepared to take this risk...therefore I would suggest that he forgets the blood oath rubbish, and face reality.

Finally, I would second k2039...the girl might be hiding something about her health, her character, it could be that she has a child for some other guy....whatever the reason[s] is/are, it doesn't look good.

So tell your baby brother to keep stay away from her, and face his studies.

2 Likes

Re: Candid Advice Needed by baby124: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yea, who ever suggested it is a psychopath and a vampire. What is the fascination with blood? Yuck. The willing participant may get cooked and eaten one day by the person that suggested it. Who knows how far they think blood connection can go? hmmm undecided
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Omolola1(f): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
YUCK!!! Do people still take blood oaths this days

Am so sure your lil bro knows better than to do such!
Re: Candid Advice Needed by tasandra: 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Funny kids sad
Re: Candid Advice Needed by slimchi2k2(m): 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
let him underst dat oat s nt what we lead them to marriage,how his sure dat the girl is his futures wife,
women shouldn't be his goal,he need to have a focus in future nt women,is easy to go into convenant hard to come out,he need to think abt HIV,wat abt if he\she trave far away,new day new life new thikin new understandin,i think what the girl need is honest in they relationship

1 Like

Re: Candid Advice Needed by andy24(m): 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
CrazyMan: I'm not in support of blood oaths....When you love someone badly that it hurts, the best you can do in order to avoid ending up with a high blood pressure is to give the person the benefit of the doubt, and profess your love.

For your brother's girl to think that making him (your brother) take an oath so that he wouldn't b*ang another person in the near future or jilt her is utter rubbish!

The pure truth is that blood oath doesn't actually work...imo, I see it as an occultic practice, and also as an avenue to glorify satan.

You cannot not possible tell me that piercing my thumb with a neddle or so, uttering some gibberish, and finally licking it...or vistting a native doctor, would make someone you claim to love stick to you.

In case you don't know....love is a gamble. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't...There's no way either of them would know whether the love would last for years to come or not. This is the risk involved in a relationship...and if he's planing to go into a relationship, he must be prepared to take this risk...therefore I would suggest that he forgets the blood oath rubbish, and face reality.

Finally, I would second k2039...the girl might be hiding something about her health, her character, it could be that she has a child for some other guy....whatever the reason[s] is/are, it doesn't look good.

So tell your baby brother to keep stay away from her, and face his studies.

You have said it all. I really appreciate your idea
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Candid Advice Needed by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:25am On Nov 16, 2012
chaircover: A 21 year old guy is not that experienced in life and relationships so If it were my brother, no long story for me. . . . . . .and first things first, I will make sure that I do everything in my power to break up that relationship.

Correct advice. Blood oath bi ti bawo? Please hammer it into his head to end that relationship. The girl has self esteem and trust issues; he wants to destroy his future because of a girl who is selfish and inconsiderate.

That girl is an enemy of progress. Spoken oath is a serious matter not to mention when blood(the life of any being is the blood) is involved. Don't people learn from what they see in movies? Or do they think these movies are for entertainment alone?

If he is adamant, then you've to involve your parents.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Johndoe100(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2012
My sister na you get am OH!!

ifyalways: Is ASUU on strike again undecided

(1) (Reply)

WICKEDNESS: Mother Roasts Her 7-year-old Son's Hand In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Photos: Girl Exposes Privates To Crowd While Dancing At CokoBar Concert (18+) / 21-year-old Nigerian Arrested And Charged With Murder Of His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.