Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,472 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:19 AM

How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station (17054 Views)

Cheating In NNPC Mega Station In Owerri (Dispensed Lesser But Full Reading) / Does Turning On Car AC Reduce The Fuel? / The Fuel Consumption Thread - How Thirsty Is Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by addey(m): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
I f you want to know you have been under-dispensed in the fuel filling station.

Whenever you are at the petrol station, as the attendant start to dispense the fuel the litter reading will not start from zero it either start from 0.2 or 0.3 that means they are taking 20% or 30% of a liter from every liter you buy.

But if the liter reading starts from zero then the station is giving you 100% of what you are buying. But this can only happen in few NNPC stations.

13 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by addey(m): 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
addey: I f you want to know you have been under-dispensed in the fuel filling station.

Whenever you are at the petrol station, as the attendant start to dispense the fuel the litter reading will not start from zero it either start from 0.2 or 0.3 that means they are taking 20% or 30% of a liter from every liter you buy.

But if the liter reading starts from zero then the station is giving you 100% of what you are buying. But this can only happen in few NNPC stations.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Ganys: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Well Said, But the Best and proven way is to check any Filling Station that has the Highest Number of Taxi Cab & Okada Man as its customer

50 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
For me, there's no practical way you would know, anyway not the types in my area.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Elgaxton(m): 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ganys: Well Said, But the Best and proven way is to check any Filling Station that has the Highest Number of Taxi Cab & Okada Man as its customer

And now that Okada has been banned?

4 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
There are no rules guiding this country

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by elcatino: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
So wot do we do as soon as we detect dis fraud? #just askng#
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by ebamma(m): 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wise as you wise check as you check them go still cheat you
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
The best way is to kneel down for the petrol attendant to be fair with you,cos in my area,no matter how sharp you are,those attendant are sharper than you. So beg them to be fair with you at least.

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by eklassical(m): 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
el catino: So wot do we do as soon as we detect dis fraud? #just askng#
u wud simply tell the fuel attendant that its cheating!!!tell him u saw a thread on nairaland that revealed the truth... I bet afta that, u go find filling station tire**

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Good point
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by swtcharissa(f): 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
I just buy fuel frm NNPC n move ahead,wat will =10O or little less do to the millions am working n praying hard to make?

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by nkbubu: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
e best way is to kneel down for the petrol attendant to be fair with you,cos in my area,no matter how sharp you are,those attendant are sharper than you. So beg them to be fair with you at least.[/quote]
grin u just made my day!

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by manny4life(m): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Why aren't there filling stations where drivers dispense fuel themselves? Just asking
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by mrkels(m): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
All the pumps in nigeria are adjusted, yet the regulating bodies would never do anything about it. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by yuzedo: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
Dat tin dey vex my SOUL! Wanted to start a thread on it cos Mobil especially dey vex my spirit die! How u go cheat person for fuel matter? Dat tin dey pain pass anytin na! DPR needs to monitor and enforce.. But the modafockaz dey chop bribe pass Farouk! angry

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by heed101(m): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
grin the best thing z to use lie detector. Proven and tested grin
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Jabioro: 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
You got it wrong,ur observatn completely faulty.hw do you xpect full scale dispensing when we have wrong govt,and irresponsible pple at herm of affair.At loading depot bulk ticket are sold at #98.50k,add #3.The landing cost to any filling statn within Lagos metropolis is #101.5,and ur govt is expectd d dealer 2 sell at 97.mishew!

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by dramenda(f): 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
mrkels: All the pumps in nigeria are adjusted, yet the regulating bodies would never do anything about it. Mtcheeew

that poo happens everywhere,even here in the states. try get a gallon which is suppose to be four liters.make a purchase with it and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
last year. i tried filling the tank of a 1.6litre car with tank capacity of 45litres at an AP filling station at Moloney street. then fuel still sells ffor N65/litre. at N4500 showing on the dispensing pump, the tank of this car refused to get filled up. i shouted at the attendant. 'ole ole' and at N4850, i told him to stop and drove off after paying.

lesson learnt

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yomieluv: The best way is to kneel down for the petrol attendant to be fair with you,cos in my area,no matter how sharp you are,those attendant are sharper than you. So beg them to be fair with you at least.

Abeg easy, u don finish me with laugh
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by gbogboti: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
The ones in my area are daylight robbers. Their pump count starts from N26. Honestly! The worst filling station in Lagos is MRS. I mean MRS! I repeat! So rude and dirty set of morons. All of them na Ijebu people so am not too surprised anyway. I bought from total this evening. Them collects N50 for my 50litre container. Naija!!!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by ayo111uk(m): 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
manny4life: Why aren't there filling stations where drivers dispense fuel themselves? Just asking
We dispense it ourselves here in London.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
dramenda:

that poo happens everywhere,even here in the states. try get a gallon which is suppose to be four liters.make a purchase with it and see for yourself.
Shhhhhh! Don't let nigerians hear oooo....cos for their mind, stuffs like this only happen in Nigeria lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
ayo111uk:
We dispense it ourselves here in London.
You dispense it yourself doesn't imply that the meter hasn't been adjusted. Are you a learner? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nigeria, what a messed up country. To buy fuel with keg, you must pay N20 or N50. And the worst part of it is that the pump will not start reading from 0.0. Bunch of cheaters @ those filling station.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nairaplus(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Point of correction, 1 US gallon is not exactly equal to 4 litres, but 3.78541 Litres.

Anyway, as for the matter on ground, Naija is Naija, anywhere in the world. If the head of the family is stealing, then, the children may start doing same, but probably on a lesser scale.

[size=30pt]CORRUPTION is EVERYWHERE[/size]

SOLUTION...
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by dabossman(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Jabioro: You got it wrong,ur observatn completely faulty.hw do you xpect full scale dispensing when we have wrong govt,and irresponsible pple at herm of affair.At loading depot bulk ticket are sold at #98.50k,add #3.The landing cost to any filling statn within Lagos metropolis is #101.5,and ur govt is expectd d dealer 2 sell at 97.mishew!

Er, are you saying govt no longer subsidizes? Plus, I thot landing cost was about N140? Or is that not what was said when subsidy was removed in January? Pls educate us.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Smartiegurl(f): 10:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
@OP u got 2 get use to things like this in our country. . . . . . U knw.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Smartiegurl(f): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
@OP u got 2 stat being used to thngs like this in our country. Nigeria is . . . . . . . . .u knw!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
There are no clear cut ways of checking.
i tend to use the big guys like nnpc, mobil, total and maybe ooando.

The little less known petrol stations are guilty of calibrating there pumps. these are the guys I try to avoid if im not desperate.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Clemzy16(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
The best way to avoid being cheated is to always but the fuel with a measurement litre before you turn the fuel inside the tank. I think that'll will go a long way to avoiding being cheated in the filling stations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos) / Kawasaki Reveals Futuristic Superbike With Incredible Shape-shifting Tech / Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.