Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA (6891 Views)

Poll: Will the sacking of Berti Vogts help the Super Eagles?

Yes: 62% (75 votes)
No: 37% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Keshi Sacked By NFF / NFA Electoral Appeals Committee Upholds Pinnick’s Election. / Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Truequest(m): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2008
German born soccer tactician Berti Vogts has been sacked this morning. This was announced in far away Ghana in a world press conference by the Nigerian Football Association.

This prompt decision should be commended as it will afford us the time to plan for world cup qualifiers coming up in the middle of the year. Hope we get a better hand this time.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by oloriooko(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2008
What is Sani Lulu and his board waiting for? They should go along with Berti
I think his name should read Sani Mumu rather than Sani Lulu grin grin grin
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Hugoboi(m): 11:32am On Feb 05, 2008
Too bad the NFA finally decided to to terminate the german's appointment.I would say i'v been a fan of Vogts given his accomplishments.I was therefore awed when the whole Eagles experiment flopped major.I only wish him luck in his future endeavours.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Bblak(f): 11:37am On Feb 05, 2008
Good News cool
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by salinco(m): 11:44am On Feb 05, 2008
is the information true?
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by McKren(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2008
There is nothing to celebrate

Sani Lulu and his board members have to quit too

NFA should be managed by those who love the game not politicians
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by topeorekoy(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2008
Good news that he has been sacked but who is next and which world class coach will ever want to come to nigeria? which coach will ever be good for nigeria, i wont be amazed if we hire JM, SAF, ARSENE and still sack him after 1 year. how many coaches has coached nigeria in the last 10 years? from jo bonfere- phillipe, libret-bora-amodu-onigbide-chukwu-eguavoen-vogts and some that i can remember.

who will be the next man?
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Truequest(m): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2008
is the information true?

Authoritative it was announced by Brila Fm, he is gone for ever. Let's look forward with hope, >
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Seun(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2008
Nigeria Football Association (NFA) board was expected last night to have sacked Berti Vogts as the Super Eagles Chief Coach by the board of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA).

Also on the line to be sacked is Vogts’ assistant, Austin Eguavoen. The decision to sack the technical crew four months to the start of the 2010 Wolrd Cup qualifiers was taken by the board at a meeting that took place at the Alisa Hotel , Accra .

Vogts was fired as result of the poor performance of the Eagles at the on going Nations Cup.

The Eagles rated the top team in Africa barely struggled to reach the quarter finals of the Nations Cup. But they exited the tournament on Sunday after their dismal 2-1 loss to Ghana in the quarter final.

It is understood that NFA caved in to pressure from the Nigerian national assembly to sack Vogts for non performance.
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=102375

I think it's a shame that the national assembly has time to deliberate on football - a sport among many.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by ssdm(m): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2008
NFA , better decision.
let an hungry coach tkover the national term
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by talk2sulta: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2008
good riddance to bad rubbish.that man has no winning mentality in him.he simply tells the players to defend from the begining of the match to the end.did you see what Ghana did to us?small Ghana!.inshort Nigeria as a country needs prayers.we needed a white coach,we got it but still couldnt perform .we asked for a miracle against eleven players,God answered our prayer and we also asked for a miracle against ten man Ghana!God is a miracle man but he has really given us some powers to change things by ourselves.

I still cant understand.Inshort the problem with Nigerian football has simply defied all logic of human reasoning.

please does somebody know how to fix Nigerian football?he should come forward so that we see him. angry
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by divanaija1: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2008
angry  Belated action!!
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by ratiken(m): 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2008
Extremely true. Check out this Link http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=102375

I Can't be happier.
But It would be unfair if this dumb white fool in the name of Vogts just gets away with this embarrassment just like this.

This ND Militants would have utilized their economic importance here than wasting their energy in the creeks.
Am still trying to recover from my mixed feelings, I am so happy he's been sacked but not happy he left scotch-free.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by jeshua(m): 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2008
I am in scotland and I know this guy called Berti. He accused the scottish people of bigotry and the Nigerian media of racism. When nigeria hired him, my mates at work made fun of me saying we were in trouble. He has no idea at all how to select a team and he loves to try out future teams for present time winnings. i have followed the Nations cup and did anyone notice how many strikers were fielded in the first match? grin grin grin
He shouldnt just be allowed to go like that, I sugest he should be invited to lagos and allowed to be "entertained" by the area boys for just 30 minutes as a parting gift.
shame!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Truequest(m): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2008
My major problem with Berti his lack of winning mentality, imagine after our loss to Ivory Coast he said that we lost to the best club in Africa, we lost to Ghana he said his boys lost to a more experienced side. So Yobo is not experienced, Kanu is not experienced, Osaze not experienced. Abeg it has been nightmarish, he should go I mean bye bye forever. I couldn't watch the last match just because I was not sure what to expect, but I learnt we played well, that means if he has a winning attitude all he needed would have been to urge the boys to victory. Instead he was preparing the excuse give for his failure. I also learnt that he has submitted his world cup plan may be he should use that for Germany if he cares.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by adefes(m): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2008
Good news.
The board members that gave him the job should also leave.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Emperoh(m): 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2008
Nigeria has been added to his list of flops. After Scotland. The Man is outdated with tactics. He was even quoted as saying that Nigerian players lacked experience. Pls give the Angolan coach Goncalves or Guinean coach Nouzaret the type of players Super Eagles have and see what they will do with it.

He is out dated as far as coaching is concerned.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by ratiken(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2008
The crew that hired that white Gold-digger should be given same treatment.
NFA should feel the heat.
Area Boys should do their job.
Militants could help.

This is a national call; We have to let both the NFA and Vogts know that Nigerians can't be fooled all the time. That might give the next Coach a glimpse or a full description of his bargain and what he is in for.

Abeg make una no allow this guys go like dat, Two bitch slaps will do either at the Airport, Hotel, On the road, Anywhere you see them.

Anyway I trust, Naija no dey fail.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2008
the core duty as far am concern is to SACK  lipsrsealed
It pays Vogts right as well
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by twinstaiye(m): 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
For God's sake, sacking the coach can never solve the problem, it has never solve our problem of football. Truth is, Our real problem is the administration itself. The NFA are just hiding behind one finger, we all know they are the problem. If they are not the problem, how come they employ a coach who is not good enough? They are just using the sack to hide their sins. I think NFA should be contracted to a foreigner to run our football for us. The issue at stake here is administration, planning, and good football programme, and I must add very sadly, that for a very long time, up till now, it has eluded us. Those North Africans countries will continue to excel in football because they have proper administration of their football. There is no any coach that we employ today, the poor administration will not let him perform. And by the way, why do they continue to employ european coach for us, for God sake we play Jogo Bonito, they should employ south american coach for us for a change. Enuff Said.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by kufreabasi(m): 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2008
V ogts is gone ,gud enough 4 Nigeria,they rely on foreign coaches,what  are nigeians doing guys doing.should we learn on hw 2 believe on ourselves rather than putting trust our trust on foreigners.All these made Nigeria to always remain slave to the so-called "whitemen".pls lets try our peoples against world cup.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by emmydee(m): 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2008
I[b] trust[/b] Nigeria. At times like this, the authorities act swiftly, even the presidency [/b]watch football, so I knew that fool must leave [b]immediately. Now the Sani Lulu and co should leave at once. Football should simply be managed by footballers and not a [b]stupid quota [/b]system that brings mediocrity.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by iromba: 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2008
The problem have been there before Vogs came, he only compounded it.
Hos sack is good, looking inward for the solution is better.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Lasun(m): 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2008
hello,

Am not happy that Berti Vogts has been sacked.Why is it that the cartel at NFA/Sport Commission alsways look for a scape goat each time we fumble in a major tournament.

Who can tell me since when Amos Adamu has been in the sport ministry?what is Sani Lulu responsibility regarding our flopping in Ghana?

What were the cahrlatans in the sport ministry looking while our boys were camping in a cold teperate region? why did'nt they take them to the middle east to camp?

As it is now we've tried local and foreign coaches,we've blended local and foreign players,we now need an expatriate NFA Chairman and an expatriate top dog at the sport ministry,that is what is left for us to try.

when those chaps at the sport ministry and NFA will refuse to do the right thing because of small chin chin the players and coaches will dole out to them.

Look at what Angola has achieved with a local coach,shame on us the Giant of Africa.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Jairzinho(m): 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2008
oloriooko:

I think his name should read Sani Mumu rather than Sani Lulu grin grin grin
he. . he . . . he. . . . Sani Mumu? HA ha hahahaha
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by triistar86: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2008
Well from the last game we played against Ghana I would like to say we played our best game so far in the tournament atleast with that I was a bit impressed with Berti. I dont his sack would resolve any problems with the Nigerias football as awhole. Honestly I think "Nigerian Football" should be taken for total spiritual cleansing. What is happening to this great country's football defies logical reasoning. I hope u guys agree with me. Lest I forget, About the cleansing hmmm we could start in Synagogue,  eheehe ;D
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by faketan(m): 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2008
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by dee02(m): 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2008
our football house just need a major overhaul and repositioning
our management levels of football and sport affairs in nigeria has always been shambolic generally
we need passionate people who are young,competent and disciplined,
we all know vogts is tactically deficient and lack the managerial concept, but we appointed him and paid him astronomical salaries while we are suffering in the country, NFA is clueless and hopeless!
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by clareomiz(f): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2008
GOD HELP US!!!! 2 STEPS FORWARD AND 4 STEPS BACKWARD!!!! NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!
 People keep saying each time the "super eagles" fumble that we should go back to the drawing board and get our acts together! as it appears, I think there is really no drawing board to go back to!

Truth is: Evil flourishes when Good men fail to act!
Bottomline: where are our professionals (ex-footballers)why are they not the ones running our football house
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by coollove: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hugoboi, what and what are Vitus's track records. Pals let me know,
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by McKren(m): 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
Does anyone have the contact of Heineken Lokpobiri (Senate Committe Chairman on Sports)

Or House Commitee Chairman on sports

I think all soccer loving fans should fill the inbox of these two guys with e-mail.

They must hear the buzz

The sack of Berti Vogts is Superficial

NFA board should be dissolved, Ex-Footballers and Ex-Coaches should be managing the game. We must not play politics with everything.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by omoashion(m): 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2008
I think his name should read Sani Mumu rather than Sani Lulu

I think all the people on the board of the NFA should go as well. But we have to admit that Vogts was a huge disappointment with Nigeria especially in that humiliating defeat against 10 man Ghana. Although i'm not a coach. For every manager who wants to win a game like that, you shouldn't play with negative tactics. Ghana had 10 men and he couldn't come up with something to beat a ghanian team without a midfield. He saw that the midfield was gone and he still played with one tired striker(Yakubu) when he had a very pacey striker(Martins) who can trouble any defence and poses a constant threat on the bench. Martins would have made the Ghanians think more about defending and trying to see the game out to penalties is someone like martins had come on for a defender cos Agogo was stranded upfront alone and wasn't that much of a threat. Vogts as far as i'm concerned is no longer a good manager. He made so many tattical blunders durin this AFCON. His style of play is too negative for the kind of football that is being played in the world today. As for the heavy players, their own story is for anoda day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NFF To Pay Keshi's Outstanding Salary / Manchester United 1 - 0 Sheffield --- WATCH HIGHLIGHT / How Onitsha Born Francis Obikwelu Became Cristiano Ronaldo Best Friend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.