Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption (12350 Views)

SOLD.Neat Nigerian Used END OF Discussion ** MANUAL Drive.less Fuel Consumption. / Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost? / How i saved 30 - 70 Percent of my Daily Fuel Consumption Using Energy Shell 2! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by einstein1: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
In a trying economy with fuel prices up, saving money on fuel is on everyone’s priority list. By making a few small changes in your routine and keeping an eye toward conservation, you can save thousands of naira in a year on fuel costs and consumption.

1. Always plan your trip. Combine your auto trips whenever possible. If the dry cleaners is next to the post office is next to the bank, that’s one trip, not three. A little planning can save you a lot of money.

2. Buy gasoline during coolest time of day - early morning or late evening is best. so you can get more fuel for your money. During these times petrol is densest. Keep in mind - petrol pumps measure volumes of gasoline, not densities of fuel concentration. You are charged according to "volume of measurement".

3. Get your foot off the pedal. While vehicles vary at which rate of speed they reach optimal fuel efficiency, the general consensus is that you see a marked decrease in efficiency over 60 mph. By some estimates, every five miles over the speed equals to a loss of fuel efficiency comparable to 40 naira per gallon.If your tank holds 15 gallons and you can save 40 naira per gallon and you visit the petrol station twice in a week, that’s approximately 64,000 naira in a year.

4. Don’t brake and accelerate like a racecar driver. Those aggressive stops and starts are horrible on your mileage and your engine. Use cruise control on the highway to maintain a constant rate of speed.

5. Take the junk out of your car or truck. The less your vehicle weighs the better the fuel efficiency, so if you still have a fifty pound bag of sand in your car’s trunk from your last projrct, get it out.

6. Maintain your automobile. Inflate and regularly check tire pressure. Improperly inflated tires force your car to work harder and burn more fuel.

8. Try fuel additives. Though some of the fuel additives on the market are little more than worthless scams, there are a few fuel additives out there that do a genuinely good job of making sure your engine uses fuel in the most efficient manner possible.

9.Invest in a GPS. Particularly if you frequently travel in unfamiliar territory, a GPS that gets you directly to your destination without getting you lost can save you hundreds of dollars in fuel costs

4 Likes

Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by sweeteasy(m): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2012
@poster, nice tips. As regards using fuel additives, not all car manufacturers recommend that.
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by santakris(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2012
Nice one poster.
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by dilbert100: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2012
get a bicycle.

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2012
1. Pust your car instead of driving

2. Ride a bicycle.

3. Start trekking

4. Public transport [img]http://3.bp..com/-KPVkUI0R_KQ/Tgzsoe87X3I/AAAAAAACObA/XQ_jpRQyic4/s1600/funny_public_transportation_10.jpg[/img]

5. Get a horse [img]http://2.bp..com/-jcSnfl1SD84/Tyck2q0DO3I/AAAAAAAADT0/BxktIZ4vdYc/s1600/funny+horse+and+rider.gif[/img]

6. Start roller blading [img]http://chzgifs.files./2011/12/funny-gifs-psa.gif[/img]

7. Become a witch and get a broom.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by baturezango(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
If you put on your AC, be ready for 15 % additional fuel consumption than without. angry
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Abujafood: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
These are essential fuel scarcity tips for people living in Abuja!

http://www.abujafood.com/news-digest/bite/899--essential-fuel-scarcity-tips-for-abuja-people.html

My contribution to this thread!
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Jblx(m): 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nairaland? I dont hate this your thread.
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by MMM2(m): 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
10. Use kerosene if fuel is expensive undecided
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Zico0(m): 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2012
bature - zango:
If you put on your AC, be ready for 15 % additional fuel consumption than without. angry
but then yu'll reduce by 30% health risks
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by feekman(m): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
I still don't beliv that puting on ur a/c will consume more petrol than puting it off,it depend on d liters u buy,some ALAGIDI cheesy ppl will buy 4or5 liters and they want to used a/c...
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Lordave: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
For those of u wey de use small tiger generator, no on the fuel tank finish just on am make e dey chanfa.
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Funjay(m): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nice 1 bro, just a quick 1, is it tru that the more the number of people you carry in ur car, the more fuel u consume(based on heavy stuffs in your boot theory).
I have this ibo friend dt does not like carrying colleagues because he doesnt want to charge them and he doesnt want to waste his fuel.

I like helping people stranded at the b/stop on my way to and from work, does this have any significant cost implication on my fuel??, ur opinion pls, not that it will change my stand.......
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nice post but I need a private jet. No be only me go dey for road
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by kuluTemper: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
bature - zango:

This is not proven. Many Nigerians live with this mentality but in my over 20 years of driving I have found out that there is no significant difference in fuel consumption when you are using air conditioning and when you are not.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by jamp: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lordave: For those of u wey de use small tiger generator, no on the fuel tank finish just on am make e dey chanfa.

Nwafor grin
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by bknight: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
U go fear wen u see people dey mize AC inside heat na grin
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by mcevans1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
grin
Lordave: For those of u wey de use small tiger generator, no on the fuel tank finish just on am make e dey chanfa.

LWKMD grin. I dey do am wella! Remove d pipe, adjust d flow from the fuel tap then put it back

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by ochukoccna: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
einstein1:

2. Buy gasoline during coolest time of day - early morning or late evening is best. so you can get more fuel for your money. During these times petrol is densest. Keep in mind - petrol pumps measure volumes of gasoline, not densities of fuel concentration. You are charged according to "volume of measurement".
Noted
Such simple common sense wink wink

2 Likes

Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Lordave: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
mc~evans:
grin

LWKMD grin. I dey do am wella! Remove d pipe, adjust d flow from the fuel tap then put it back
confirm
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by femi4: 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
kuluTemper:

This is not proven. Many Nigerians live with this mentality but in my over 20 years of driving I have found out that there is no significant difference in fuel consumption when you are using air conditioning and when you are not.
Its proven, Abeg read your car manual
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by ayobase(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
All these to save how much in a year?
Abeg, if una reach to buy car, no go buy o...SIMPLE!.
OP....nice tips sha, especially the first tip!
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by phadat(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
10.Park the car grin
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by ayobase(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2012
Okaija Juju....u no well o!
LMAO!
Re: 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption by Hindulodge: 9:52am On Sep 09, 2016
visit the great (HINDU PEACE TEMPLE) Brotherhood and get initiated as
a full member, for your
spiritual assistance, like money invocation, love spells
political achievements, freedom, protections, fruit of the
wombs, wisdom and spiritual powers , power to move your
church or ministry, commanding tone and lots more' you
can call the lord here to get more information on
+2347062813359 or whatsapp on. +2348171265462. contact him on this and follow him on facebook on Hindu Temple, or
Go to our page on. https://m.facebook.com/Hindu-Temple-914807675224743/. Or Email him on
lordrahaj@gmail.com, rahjadrahaj@gmail.com

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, WHAT DO YOU SEEK, WHAT DO
YOU DESIRE AND DREAM FOR?
THE GOD OF WHITE MAGIC, god KRISHNA OFFERS:
POWER TO COMMAND OBEDIENCE
POWER TO FORCE LOVE (LOVE SPELL)
POWER OF WEALTH (OVER NIGHT MONEY INVOCATION)
POWER TO GAIN EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT QUALIFICATION
POWER TO MAKE A FOREIGNER PAY YOU MONEY AND
PHONE CALL TALK AND AGREE (COMMAND)
DETECTING OF SPIRITUAL WIVES AND HUSBANDS AND
SOLUTION
POWER TO WIN ALL CUSTOMERS IN A MARKET
CASTING OUT OF BLACK MAGIC WITCHCRAFT FROM HOME
AND OFFICES
UNLIMITED WEALTH WITHOUT EFFORT
GET HUSBAND OF YOUR DESIRE
LUCK TO WIN WIN LOTTERY, POOL. LOTTO, AND OTHER
BETS
POWER TO CALL A MAN OR A WOMAN'S NAME AND PUT
HIM/HER UNDER YOUR COMMAND
POWER TO WIN ELECTION
POWER TO GAIN APPOINTMENT
E.T.C
Lovely people of the universe, i am a lovely care giver
priest
peacefully loving people of the universe... Some of you may
have acquainted with me, know me pretty well, gained
fame, extreme wealth, political achievements, freedom
protections, fruit of the wombs, wisdom and spiritual
powers from my Temple. While some of you will not know
me. Okay, for those who haven't hear about me I am PEACE
LORD RAHAJ, popularly known as BLACK LORD OF
FORTUNE, THE GIVER OF WEALTH, THE SUPERIOR OF RICHES
OR KAJAKALAHAM the leader of the Great HINDU LODGE BROTHERHOOD. Born by a Nigerian and Indian
parents. Raised in New Delhi (India) and currently residing
here at my mothers Land... After your initiation all the
spells we are going to cast for you are going to be free of
charge including the spiritual fire bath for protection and
success, all you are required of is to provide the items for the work you need, (WITHOUT DARKNESS YOU CANT SEE A STAR) there
is no risk no reward so give my powers a trial and you will
not regret it...Come And Be Helped...

(1) (Reply)

Best Deals In Automobiles: Click To See... / Man Diesel N Mack Truck Difference / Toks 2002 Model Toyota Sienna Xle Leather Lntiro For Sale.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.