Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

What Are Those Adage That You Know? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are Those Adage That You Know? (633 Views)

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings / Your Favourite Igbo Adage / Ever Heard Any Yoruba Adage Or Proverb That Fascinate You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Those Adage That You Know? by eyenCalabar(m): 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
C'mon guys, let's have some funs. What are those adage(s) that you know that make you talk as a king? Tell us let's learn too. Eventhough you heard from your granpa/ma still tell us but put it in English for others understanding and make sure it make sense. Example, the slow movement of a cat does not represent cowardice . Does that make some sense? Then hit the Like button or I may be wrong? Pls correct. But send in yours let's read why some people call you an old man. It gonna be fun anyway!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by Iaz93: 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
I've gat so many sha...lemme pick the best...
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2012
Iaz93: I've gat so many sha...lemme pick the best...

Just drop few strong ones. I want to be talking like a real son of the soil.
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by tpia1: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
As water reflects the face,
so one’s life reflects the heart.
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by tpia1: 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Stone is heavy and sand a burden,
but a fool’s provocation is heavier than both.
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by tpia1: 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
Whoever remains stiff-necked after many rebukes
will suddenly be destroyed—without remedy.
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
tpia1: As water reflects the face,
so one’s life reflects the heart.

Nice.
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by eyenCalabar(m): 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
tpia1: Stone is heavy and sand a burden,
but a fool’s provocation is heavier than both.

Do I really understand this one? No! More light here pls.
Re: What Are Those Adage That You Know? by code0: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
Where are those Igbo guys nah. There are good in this. But I think I know one that says A toad does not run in a daylight for nothing

(1) (Reply)

What Would Nigerians Do Without Super Glue? / Tips For Jumping Danfo / Who, Not The What, Nigerian Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.