Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Pls Kindly Read And Give Advice,thanks And God Bless U - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Kindly Read And Give Advice,thanks And God Bless U (1145 Views)

Pls Give Advice N Comments / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul / Please,kindly Read And Advice, Sir's And Ma's. Thanks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Kindly Read And Give Advice,thanks And God Bless U by mobiss(m): 2:41am On Nov 16, 2012
Studied mechanical engineering and after 2 years of job hunting via internet and street. I got the job i'm doing now a stone throw away frm my street, dts life 4u. I was employed as a site casual staff to help d electrical engineers @ first.

The coy is majorly into electrical projects (132kv/33kv Sub- station). The project carries a lot of civil work i.e structural,soil test and laying of foundations for control rooms,132kv/33kv D.C gantries and transmission tower line. I was given option to pick frm any of the civil department,immediately I opted for d structural aspect of the job,since its more related to Mechanical Eng' ,lest i forget i still work in d electrical field as a casual engineer 2 knw one or two things abt there nature of job.Now i av d insight knowledge of hw to set up 132/33kv sub-station switch yard. Luvly experience indeed!

Right now av been made supervisor for sorting out of structural members for transmission line,wt laborers working under my supervision. Not well knowing 2 them dt we r been paid d same amount weekly,am nt 2b blamed,as i go skul and them no go.... Sorry for them. Also av been given d design for the transmission line structure to study as a graduate as dz will help my career in dt field.

Presently i need logical and professional ideas and answers to my questions.

1- Wt software can i learn to knw d basics of structural designs,as most of the coy work designs come frm india,marcedonia and bulgaria?

2- Can i merge d structural and electrical field experience 2gether for future job vacancies(since i studied mechanical as my 1st degree)?

3- when working with d electrical engineers on site,we do climb 133Kv and 32kv gantries of 13meters and 9 meters height respectively to do some coupling and erection jobs(without safety belt or body harness,as the coy has no SAFETY OFFICER)on your own things nw. I'm ACROPHOBIC,bt still developing d techniques of climbing and working at such heights.As av done few coupling and erection jobs on top of the world meticulously. Bro,is nt easy to work at heights. The transmission towers i'm sorting out nw r as high as heaven(36meters away from land). My fear as a supervisor nw is dt to understand d structural design well there may be need 4me 2 climb dt high to see hw things av been done at dt altitude, which am dreadful of. So therefore wt way out of my acrophobic syndrome?

Note: The salary is small compared 2d nature of work stated above.

And lastly a friend is helping me wt a para-military job wt a salary above 100k,wt job guarantee as my present job is a one man show and the owner hires and fires anytime he likes,av seen dt happen couple of time during my short time of work wt d coy i.e. no job security,wt low pay which i can still cope wt if the para-military job doesn't click. Bt,ryt nw am stucked in btw which one to settle for if d anticipated job finally come through.

Considering d fact dt i'm dz kind of person dt believes in entrepreneurship and bizness oriented,i av d keen to creating my own bizness empire. Coz i tried dt after my NYSC and i knw hw it feels 2b ur own boss,d only hiccup i had dt tym was capital and some logistics problems which am trying to work on via good salary job. Also will need time to run around for my own personal business as d para-miltary job will create few-days off in a week to do my bizness thing,which,my present job never permits as there is no time 4 myself let alone of bizness.

So which way should i ply wise one's?

Thanks as u reply.
Re: Pls Kindly Read And Give Advice,thanks And God Bless U by yamakuza: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
mobiss: Right now av been made supervisor for sorting out of structural members for transmission line,wt laborers working under my supervision. Not well knowing 2 them dt we r been paid d same amount weekly,am nt 2b blamed,as i go skul and them no go.... Sorry for them. Also av been given d design for the transmission line structure to study as a graduate as dz will help my career in dt field.

Presently i need logical and professional ideas and answers to my questions.

1- Wt software can i learn to knw d basics of structural designs,as most of the coy work designs come frm india,marcedonia and bulgaria?

2- Can i merge d structural and electrical field experience 2gether for future job vacancies(since i studied mechanical as my 1st degree)?

https://www.nairaland.com/779021/civil-engineering-aspirants-practitioners

3- when working with d electrical engineers on site,we do climb 133Kv and 32kv gantries of 13meters and 9 meters height respectively to do some coupling and erection jobs(without safety belt or body harness,as the coy has no SAFETY OFFICER)on your own things nw. I'm ACROPHOBIC,bt still developing d techniques of climbing and working at such heights.As av done few coupling and erection jobs on top of the world meticulously. Bro,is nt easy to work at heights. The transmission towers i'm sorting out nw r as high as heaven(36meters away from land). My fear as a supervisor nw is dt to understand d structural design well there may be need 4me 2 climb dt high to see hw things av been done at dt altitude, which am dreadful of. So therefore wt way out of my acrophobic syndrome?

Note: The salary is small compared 2d nature of work stated above.

i doubt that there is ...

And lastly a friend is helping me wt a para-military job wt a salary above 100k,wt job guarantee as my present job is a one man show and the owner hires and fires anytime he likes,av seen dt happen couple of time during my short time of work wt d coy i.e. no job security,wt low pay which i can still cope wt if the para-military job doesn't click. Bt,ryt nw am stucked in btw which one to settle for if d anticipated job finally come through.

Considering d fact dt i'm dz kind of person dt believes in entrepreneurship and bizness oriented,i av d keen to creating my own bizness empire. Coz i tried dt after my NYSC and i knw hw it feels 2b ur own boss,d only hiccup i had dt tym was capital and some logistics problems which am trying to work on via good salary job. Also will need time to run around for my own personal business as d para-miltary job will create few-days off in a week to do my bizness thing,which,my present job never permits as there is no time 4 myself let alone of bizness.

So which way should i ply wise one's?

Thanks as u reply.

if it materializes, you can go for it ...
Re: Pls Kindly Read And Give Advice,thanks And God Bless U by mobiss(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
@yamakuzi,thanks very much 4 ur advice.

(1) (Reply)

Msc In Oil And Gas Management / Surviving A Rightsizing (in A Private Company) In Nigeria / Do You Want To Set Up A Pre-school?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.