Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,539 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:38 PM

Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? (8095 Views)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by gen2briz(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink: My friend is a dedicated Christian; he killed in self defense, though acquitted in court, he still feels guilty of murder and think it's terrible sin! Do you guys think it's a sin?

Did he kill with hand,gun or plank?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by advocate666: 10:12am On Nov 16, 2012
^^^ wetin concern muslims here
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by cheddarking(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2012
maclatunji: No sin at all.

Like we would expect you to say anything different...
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Lxgking(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2012
uj_sizzle:
I'm tempted to call you an idiat, but i won't.

I don't have to have experienced something to actually feel one's pains or joy.
well my dear, u actually do, wat if i tell u dat cement once pour on me(on my lngtin exactly which caused my flesh 2 start peelin off, nd which by d way was very very painful(i cundnt walk or lie dwn witout holdin it) u can as well tell me u undastand, wen u dnt actually av a phallus.....u nw get my point nd tanks 4 nt callin me an idiat, i jst told u pple wat i avnt told any1 b4.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by advocate666: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2012
Lxgking: well my dear, u actually do, wat if i tell u dat cement once pour on me(on my lngtin exactly which caused my flesh 2 start peelin off, nd which by d way was very very painful(i cundnt walk or lie dwn witout holdin it) u can as well tell me u undastand, wen u dnt actually av a phallus.....u nw get my point nd tanks 4 nt callin me an idiat, i jst told u pple wat i avnt told any1 b4.

how u take know say she no get phallus?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2012
ijawkid:
Lol...

But when a disciple does cut off the ear of his persecutor the same Jesus would rebuke that disciple...:-).....

We could emulate the examples of the apostles who emulated Jesus......

And it is true that when Jesus is given all the kingdoms by his Father he'll carry out war against the nations.....but for now we gotta be careful.....let's wait till then....

Remember I was only trying to ask:::

Hope this scenario is not the same when a christian faces persecutions for righteousness sake and decides to fight back.........

Brah, I won't let anyone kill me, even if it's persecution! Na wa oh, I be Jesus? We go throw blow tire grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Digriz(m): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2012
if its an ordinary fight and he killed him then its a murder, bt if he was an armed robber or assasin then nt a.murder.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by UjSizzle(f): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2012
Lxgking: well my dear, u actually do, wat if i tell u dat cement once pour on me(on my lngtin exactly which caused my flesh 2 start peelin off, nd which by d way was very very painful(i cundnt walk or lie dwn witout holdin it) u can as well tell me u undastand, wen u dnt actually av a phallus.....u nw get my point nd tanks 4 nt callin me an idiat, i jst told u pple wat i avnt told any1 b4.
you've never had someone share your pains, have you?
You're a Christian right? If you're one then I'll expect you know that the reason why Jesus makes a good mediator is coz he can feel n understand our pains and sufferings. You don't think there are humans like that? It really is a gift not many possess, just like the ability to make trouble is not foreign to some people.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Born2beRich1(m): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2012
advocate666:

No. You are wrong. Jizz-Us said "turn the other cheek". He also told people not to defend themselves.

Matthew 5:38-40

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Well your name said it all.....and by the way the spelling is JESUS not Jizz us...... angry [
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Lxgking(m): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2012
advocate666:

how u take know say she no get phallus?
cos of d (f) word.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by pastormustwacc: 10:21am On Nov 16, 2012
The next question I should ask is - is it right for a christian to learn martial arts for self+defence?
Is it right for a christian to fence his house and install alsatian dogs and buy guns keep for house?
Is it right for a christian with martial arts knowlege watch an unarmed man molest his wife/fiance and do nothing?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by abdullkabar(m): 10:26am On Nov 16, 2012
NA BABA GOD GO JUDGE...
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink:

Brah, I won't let anyone kill me, even if it's persecution! Na wa oh, I be Jesus? We go throw blow tire grin
grin grin grin
advocate666:

No. You are wrong. Jizz-Us said "turn the other cheek". He also told people not to defend themselves.

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.
AHHH BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN IN PARABLES AND HIDDEN WORDS. PSALMS 78 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things <<<< HOW THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN. PARABOLIC. THAT STATEMENT IS NOT A LITERAL STATEMENT. YOU SHOULD NOT TURN THE OTHER CHEEK LITERALLY IF SOMEONE IS SLAPPING YOU. THAT VERSE YOU QUOTED IS A EUPHEMISM FOR 'LONG-SUFFERING'. ITS A HIDDEN WAY OF TELLING YOU THAT YOU SHOULD BE LONG-SUFFERING. ITS NOT A LITERAL VERSE.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Lxgking(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2012
uj_sizzle:
you've never had someone share your pains, have you?
You're a Christian right? If you're one then I'll expect you know that the reason why Jesus makes a good mediator is coz he can feel n understand our pains and sufferings. You don't think there are humans like that? It really is a gift not many possess, just like the ability to make trouble is not foreign to some people.
nt really, dos present were my fellow workers, nd dey shared d pains(i meant dey shared d laffta) nd dey were all christains by d way....nd dey gave me many useless ad..sry, many useful advice lk d one we re giving 2 dis bro here....nd re u saying dat u av dis....special gift? Nd am nt gud at makin trouble.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by phadat(m): 10:29am On Nov 16, 2012
Murder and manslaughter no be the same thing and they don't carry the same punishment in law but I wonder what will nw happen to moses when he smote and killed that egyptian that's definately murder ,now one wonders where moses his ?*did the bible nt say heaven* confusion
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by megxo(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2012
U WANNA PIERCE ME THROUGH WIF UR SWORD, SO I SHUD RAISE MA HANDS UP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> angry
BLAADDY NO..............
AMMA PULL MA GUN N SHOOT U FIRST

BLEEPIN BAS.TARD
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by davades(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2012
cheddarking: It is a bigger Sin to Die without trying to defend yourself

Hmmm...†ЂΞ Aluu 4 comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Psylas(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2012
advocate666:

go tell jihadists
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Lxgking(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2012
megxo: U WANNA PIERCE ME THROUGH WIF UR SWORD, SO I SHUD RAISE MA HANDS UP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> angry
BLAADDY NO..............
AMMA PULL MA GUN N SHOOT U FIRST

BLEEPIN BAS.TARD
if u wanna shoot...SHOOT...dnt TALK....badas nigga.....in d army we say obey b4 complain nd dats exactly wat our body does in such conditions, nd mind u, our creator made it so.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by 5much(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2012
NOT A SIN, AT ALL
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by greatgod2012(f): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2012
I think its not a sin, its an instinct, a survival instinct.

Stands to be corrected anyway, if im wrong.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Truckpusher(m): 10:44am On Nov 16, 2012
if the person that was killed have been subdued and could've been taken hostage/arrested and your friend, still agravated went ahead to give the final blow then he has committed murder.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Truckpusher(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin grin AHHH BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN IN PARABLES AND HIDDEN WORDS. PSALMS 78 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things <<<< HOW THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN. PARABOLIC. THAT STATEMENT IS NOT A LITERAL STATEMENT. YOU SHOULD NOT TURN THE OTHER CHEEK LITERALLY IF SOMEONE IS SLAPPING YOU. THAT VERSE YOU QUOTED IS A EUPHEMISM FOR 'LONG-SUFFERING'. ITS A HIDDEN WAY OF TELLING YOU THAT YOU SHOULD BE LONG-SUFFERING. ITS NOT A LITERAL VERSE.
Parables are earthly words with heavenly meaning and only the ILLUMINATED ones can decipher it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by ayobase(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink: My friend is a dedicated Christian; he killed in self defense, though acquitted in court, he still feels guilty of murder and think it's terrible sin! Do you guys think it's a sin?

Your friend might actually be guilty of murder since his conscience is still pricking, or rather he has a very soft heart to absorb the fact that a life was snuffed out by him.
Were u there when it happened?
No?
Its not a sin killing in defense. ''you are fool to have died like that, can't you even try. Thats akin to suicide.'' God will say when u meet Him!
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by ayobase(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2012
phadat: Murder and manslaughter no be the same thing and they don't carry the same punishment in law but I wonder what will nw happen to moses when he smote and killed that egyptian that's definately murder ,now one wonders where moses his ?*did the bible nt say heaven* confusion

Moses was still an unbeliever then.
Besides, he didnt mean to kill the Egyptian. He had to run away. He was remorseful about what happened.
In a way ''Im sorry God'', and sin forgiven!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Ucheemmanuelll: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2012
Is it a sin to die in self defence?mtchwe
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 16, 2012
even if it is a sin to kill in self defence, who cares?? U guys knw i dnt... If u try to kill me, i will do d same, it is either u kill me or i kill u,... period!!!!
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by pappilo(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink:

That was what I told him, but he still feels killing in self defence is murder and sin too! Maybe he instigated it, I tire for the guy sef!

Are you friends with George ''Gringo'' Zimmerman?
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Truckpusher(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2012
phadat: Murder and manslaughter no be the same thing and they don't carry the same punishment in law but I wonder what will nw happen to moses when he smote and killed that egyptian that's definately murder ,now one wonders where moses his ?*did the bible nt say heaven* confusion
O ye blind one!!!ask the illuminated ones and all your questions would be answered and with diligence on your part, darkness will fly away and you will begin to understand what the great 'I AM' truly stands for.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by ijawkid(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2012
seriallink:

Hahahahaha......

Serialink you don kill me finish with laugh.....cheiiiii....

So if to say you be stephen you for carry ya own stone,stone those guys wey being come to stone am.........

Lmao.....
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by candieangel12(f): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2012
pappilo:

Are you friends with George ''Gringo'' Zimmerman?

LOL, the idiot that murdered that innocent boy, Trayvon Martins.
Re: Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2012
ayobase:

Your friend might actually be guilty of murder since his conscience is still pricking, or rather he has a very soft heart to absorb the fact that a life was snuffed out by him.
Were u there when it happened?
No?
Its not a sin killing in defense. ''you are fool to have died like that, can't you even try. Thats akin to suicide.'' God will say when u meet Him!

No, I wasn't there! There were witnesses though! What baffles me is, he still feels guilty of killing the man!

Thanks for your contribution brah!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Owns The Cock That Crowed As A Result Of Peter's Deniall / God knows I love Frank / The Love Of Money Is The Root Of All Evils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.