Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (35884 Views)

Is It A Sin To Have Sex With Wife On Sunday? / Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Dotwillis1(m): 6:55am On Aug 09, 2015
I don't know. Some religion freaks will be condemning guys who are on styled haircut: gallas, afro, old-school etc. labelling them as 'bad boys'.... Please, did Jesus talk bout haircut style in the Bible

they don't even cut hairs in those days

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Bacteriocin(m): 7:00am On Aug 09, 2015
any style wey person like, he fit put am for head but the people and your immediate environment are important factors in the style you wear. Also your work and stage in life too.
I dedicate this FTC to all ebonyi people for their hospitality during my one year youth service...e.g. Ukwu, mama precious, iya munachizo, oga sunny, my proprietor, Adagba simeon, all seiro students. Idike to all of una for Ezza south.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by seemples(f): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2015
Dotwillis1:
I don't know. Some religion freaks will be condemning guys who are on styled haircut: gallas, afro, old-school etc. labelling them as 'bad boys'.... Please, did Jesus talked' bout haircut style in the Bible

If I say it isn't wrong, another will say it is. So whose will you believe?

Don't you think it's better to study the manual of wrong or right and conclude for yaself?

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nneziwili(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2015
op..wati lemme giv u ma dad's numba..mak u ask am, cuz dat always want our hairstyle 2 b low cut
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nneziwili(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2015
op..wait lemme giv u ma dad's numba..mak u ask am, cuz dat always want our hairstyle 2 b low cut

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by seangy4konji: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2015
Haircut has got nothing to do with your beliefs i think...

Speaking about Haircut.

Am sure 90 percent of our ladies wont make heaven then because the kind of haircut they give the pubic region now a days is just a perfect work of art to make an ordained pastor leave church...

From Mohawk,Landing strip ,Bushy cut,Triangle cut,heart cut,rectangle cut,pine cut,toothpick cut,V cut, a river runs through it,Airplane,Angle,Aztec,baby fat,Batman,Bird on a pole,Bottle brush,Xmas tree.V cut,tree with robot,Tornado,Torch,skin to the wind,red wood,runaway,superman,the kramer,Postage stamp.Lawn mover,Lit match,centipede,Caterpillar,Burning bush...

Its not a sin to give your self a good hair cut.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Segunod(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2015
Styling hair cut is not a sin but it won't distingush you as a child of God from the world. There must be a clear difference betwen a child of God who has experience salvation and a sinner/unbeliever. It is very important for a genuine child of God to be first seen outwardly with the mode of dressing and looks as a real christian. 1 Timothy 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;..... Modest is very essential to all who has experience salvation. Our life must a living example to unblievers with clear difference even without preaching the 'WORD' to them.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by lonelydora: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2015
I don't think so. Well, I'm here to read comment

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2015
Hell no.
Did Samson cut his hair ??
The western brought the so called religion to Africa but in America you will see a 70 year old man with dreadlocks or ponytail.
Why are Africans so over sensitive about way of life ??
In american you see cops,pastors,doctors with tattoos

24 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Gurgle(f): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2015
No, of course it isn't. If you have a bad boy hair cut but behave well wetin consign the hatersssss, Jesus wont mind jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Huh?.. Like seriously?

*cleans eyes *....

grin grin

Gerrara hia mehn

And go to church angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Segunod:
Styling hair cut is not a sin but it won't distingush you as a child of God from the world. There must be a clear difference betwen a child of God who has experience salvation and a sinner/unbeliever. It is very important for a genuine child of God to be first seen outwardly with the mode of dressing and looks as a real christian. 1 Timothy 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;..... Modest is very essential to all who has experience salvation. Our life must a living example to unblievers with clear difference even without preaching the 'WORD' to them.

Man of God, can you tell me more about Samson.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by BE811APP: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2015
Nawa oo ...

9ja ppl and Africans in General.. Always feeling holier than thou..

To me God looks inside ur heart..

Am against men Braiding their hairs.. But for christ sake.. How does that stop u from going to heaven

Sometimes I feel Religion has brought us more harm than Good!!!

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by NotNairalandi(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2015
Happy Sunday to you my beloved Nairalanders!

May the spirit of God be with you.Amen!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Barselonia(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2015
Well as a Muslim.... what I heard is either u cut ur hair complete (last skin ) or leave it to grow and b trimming it (old school )
But it condemn hairstyles which hair Have different level such as gallas, tyson... one place up,another place down....

13 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by allanphash7(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2015
Lol

The religionist bring you comments on

Only here to read comments
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by ednut1(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2015
smh

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by BigJakie: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2015
Only if you're in North Korea, then damnn right its also a crime

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by veekid(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2015
islamically, its wrong, don't ask me why

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2015
Hair style is a PERSONAL CHOICE cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by sweatlana: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by sandrel(f): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
God looks at your heart not your hairstyle and I even believe that God won't be happy with you if your hairstyle is not beautiful.....

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Samneer: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
Dotwillis1:
I don't know. Some religion freaks will be condemning guys who are on styled haircut: gallas, afro, old-school etc. labelling them as 'bad boys'.... Please, did Jesus talk bout haircut style in the Bible

Phillipians 4:5,7

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by sweatlana: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
Nope it's not a sin but remember to be modest and look responsible.
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by ayobase(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
We can go on and on arguing. Even Samson as case study.

"But as many that are led by the spirit of God are called children of God."

You might be having a terrible hair cut and be a genuine child of God, while u can have a decent brotherly cut and be child of the devil.

Another question; will you dress as u like or have any sort of hair cut for an interview?

Without levity we unconsciously take to cognizance social and professional issues, but we with flippancy we embrace spiritual matters.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2015
The Bible said we should not be equally yoke with the world, as a Christian, there must be moderation in whatever we do and it must not be patterned in worldly ways. Mind you, some of this hair cuts are not even fully embraced by the society not to talk of the church

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Different profession in life calls for different appearance. As a lawyer or a security operative, you dont wear funny hairstyles cos you need to look smart and decent but as a musician or a TV personality, you have to appear razz to please your audience.

Now study the kind of God u serve, and tell me what you think would appeal to him about your hairstyle

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by RichDad1(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Nope.
It was never stated anywhere in the Bible to have a particular hair cut.QED cool cool grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by xamoohel(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Ahba!.....dia isn't jhare
D main point is u living life in the very modest way
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by SimpleVili: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
It's a sin to get a haircut. No, seriously.

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by SKORROR(m): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2015
Up 9ja..... Before it was not a sin to cut any style that suits you but now its a sin in most places in Nigeria..............
Re: Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2015
No it isn't

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now / Did You See Pepper In The Last 8 Years, Oyedepo Asks Nigerians / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.