Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri (13942 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) / Suspected Suicide Bomber Burnt Alive By Mob In Gombe (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by kachy: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
Owerri – The police in Owerri on Friday said a mob killed two suspected members of a four-man robbery gang, believed to have been terrorising residents of Spibat area of Akwakuma, Owerri.

The Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command, Mr Vitalis Onugu, told reporters that the suspects were arrested by members of the Special Anti-Robbery squad at the state Criminal Investigation Department (CID) who responded to a distress call.

He said the two suspects were first arrested by the local vigilance group operating in Spibat area in Akwakuma and about to be lynched by the mob when the police arrived at the scene and rescued them.

“Responding to the call, the anti robbery squad got there and found the suspects already tied down with tyres around their necks and were about to be burned alive.

“They were rescued but at the point of death as a result of machete cuts dealt on them by the angry mob. They died before we could get them to the hospital.

“However, one of the suspects, Buchi, from Akpodim in Mbaise, Imo, managed to describe to the policemen the location of their hideout before he died,” he said.

Onugu said the police immediately swung into action and arrested two other suspects in a thick bush behind Orji Mechanic Village in an uncompleted building.

The suspects were alleged to have dispossessed people of their laptops, cell phones, plasma television sets and ATM cards, Onugu said.

He said that items recovered from the suspects included Indian hemp, charms and magical instruments, assorted SIM cards, cell phones and white candles with an inscription “white confusion”.

The police spokesman also said that loaded double barrel shotguns and other dangerous weapons were recovered from the suspects.

He said a full investigation into the incident had begun. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/2-robbery-suspects-killed-by-mob-in-owerri-police/
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Freiburger(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
Killing a suspect that has not been pronounced guilty by a court, the police are not better than the so- called suspects undecided

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by ab1x: 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
Jungle justice is fast becoming a habit in our society.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Booty4me: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by scantee(m): 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
Nawa for Naija ppl dis days o, bad news everyday. Smh.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bola4dprec(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Freiburger: Killing a suspect that has not been pronounced guilty by a court, the police are not better than the so- called suspects undecided
do you understand the fact of the whole situation ?

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by mamagee3(f): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Too much backwardness in that country
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
kachy:

He said that items recovered from the suspects included Indian hemp, charms and magical instruments, assorted SIM cards, cell phones and white candles with an inscription “white confusion”.

Lol, which one be magical instrument again?

RIP dudes, crime does not pay.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Freiburger(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
bola4dprec: do you understand the fact of the whole situation ?
Fact is that they are believed to have been terrorising residents of Spibat area of Akwakuma, what alse?
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Osama10(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
This is a clear case of system failure.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by iamswizz(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
Freiburger: Killing a suspect that has not been pronounced guilty by a court, the police are not better than the so- called suspects undecided
please read thoroughly rather than skimming
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by EmmaTay(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hmmmmmmn
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Burger01(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
Candles with an inscription “white confusion”.. Now what the hell is that?
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by PapaBrowne(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
The big question is this:

Murdering of innocent people(innocent until proven guilty) or stealing of laptops, which is a graver crime?
The police is bragging about arresting the rest of the criminals?? How about the murderers that perpetuated the more grievous crime of beating to death people that were unarmed?

This society is broken. We the people are the problem. Imagine the number of potential murderers that exist in this country? Why is it that anytime there is mob action, there whole community is in support?

The guy standing next to you is a potential murderer. If someone erroneously accuses you of theft, you are turned to kpomo in less than an hour.

This is not the failure of government. This is a simply a culture of cannibalism. Probably a hundred million murderers in this country. Gotta go somewhere else men. Gotta go!!

3 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Freiburger(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
iamswizz: please read thoroughly rather than skimming
what do you want me to read again? can't your see the need for more training techniques on how to capture criminals for the Nigerian police force?
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by SELFWORTH: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
Richfella:

Lol, which one be magical instrument again?

RIP dudes, crime does not pay.

How can they rest in peace when they died in pieces terrorising innocent people?

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by SELFWORTH: 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
Osama10: This is a clear case of system failure.

... No. This is a clear case of their time was up!
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by omiobo: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
One need to be careful to avoid wrong accusation.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by SELFWORTH: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
.. You live by the gun so die by the gun. Thank God no graphic pictures this time. People seemed to have learnt that wen u post the pictures online you risk exposing yourself as a jungle judge.
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by dadicvila(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
PapaBrowne: The big question is this:

Murdering of innocent people(innocent until proven guilty) or stealing of laptops, which is a graver crime?
The police is bragging about arresting the rest of the criminals?? How about the murderers that perpetuated the more grievous crime of beating to death people that were unarmed?

This society is broken. We the people are the problem. Imagine the number of potential murderers that exist in this country? Why is it that anytime there is mob action, there whole community is in support?

The guy standing next to you is a potential murderer. If someone erroneously accuses you of theft, you are turned to kpomo in less than an hour.

This is not the failure of government. This is a simply a culture of cannibalism. Probably a hundred million murderers in this country. Gotta go somewhere else men. Gotta go!!
did u read the article at all?how dare you say they were unarmed?i pray armed robbers pay your family a visit this night then you will know they are armed....they should have burnt them joh!why delay till i.diot policemen rescue them??there are many armed robbers on nairaland advocating for the right of their colleagues to rob and maim innocent Nigerians and go scot free

6 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bobosydney: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
I don't blame people that make jungle justice or kill robbers . I really support the action of jungle justice for arm robbers because if you or your family ever be the victim of arm robbers , you will never pity robbers . They came to my parents house and beat my mother and grabbed my 7 years old sister with machete and gun that if my mother didn't bring money ,they are going to kill my sister . If i see any arm robber suspects , i will be the first person to cut off his head . The situation still traumatizing my 7 year old sister now

2 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Obinoscopy(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2012

The police should not be blamed in this case. In my opinion, I think they even tried by obtaining the intel from the dying criminals on their hideout
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Freiburger(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
bobosydney: I don't blame people that make jungle justice or kill robbers . I really support the action of jungle justice arm robbery because if you or your family ever be victim of arm robbers , you never pity robbers . They came to parents house beat my mother and grabbed my 7 years old sister with machete and gun that if my mother didn't money ,they are going to kill my sister . If i see any arm robber suspects , i will be the first person to cut off his head . The situation still traumatizing my 7 year old sister now
All these has got to do with failed system.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by pak: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
Freiburger and PapaBrowne,

I don't know if you've been in the country for a while but you have to understand the peculiarity of this jungle we call Nigeria.

First off, I do not in anyway support jungle justice - its absolutely barbaric

but you have to understand that the average nigerian has been cudgeled into that line of thinking by so many incidences, the inadequacies and complicity of our security operatives. Most in Nigeria feel they do not have options hence they opt for what seems to be the fairest of a bad bunch of alternatives. Conscience has been seared long ago.

When the average mob apprehends a robbery suspects. The line of thinking is this - what are our options ?

1. Hand them over to the police
Con - most likely from whence they came and got their weapons in the first place. And most 'armed robbers' operate as syndicate. The likely hood of a well connected godfather securing their release is high. So if they are eventually set free by the police, what do you think will happen to those that caught them in the first place ?? Your guess is as good as mine.

2. Beat them thoroughly and let them go
con - last line of the last paragraph applies. when the wound heals, what happens to the beaters.

3. Just look away - the maddest of all the alternatives

So what's left ? Kill them

Jungle justice has dire consequences in any society (the possibility of killing the innocent) but when citizens are no longer left with an alternative then . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bobosydney: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
Freiburger:
All these has got to do with failed system.
You are right . I'm still getting angry whenever i remember what they did to my parent and i believe that nobody will be happy if arm robbers beat any of their parent . I'm ready to supply petrol and tyres to burn robbers . Because police failed and we will deffend ourselves through jungle justice for criminals if police can't safe us.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by tomakint: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
Jungle justice has come to stay in Nigeria. The Police have most times failed in their duties, hence, cannot be trusted! Nigeria is secretly boiling and I foresee the same jungle justice being visited on the corrupt politicians and other looters soon! cool

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by lumeneng22: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
.Which court? Naija court that will not conclude a case for 20yrs?

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by SELFWORTH: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
dadicvila: did u read the article at all?how dare you say they were unarmed?i pray armed robbers pay your family a visit this night then you will know they are armed....they should have burnt them joh!why delay till i.diot policemen rescue them??there are many armed robbers on nairaland advocating for the right of their colleagues to rob and maim innocent Nigerians and go scot free

Don't mind them. I can't believe anyone will support armed robbers who kill and maim innocent people unless you yourself are a armed robber.

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by Obinoscopy(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
If the mob had burnt the robbers, the police wouldn't have arrested the other two
Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by bobosydney: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
i'm ready to offer money to anyone that can burn armed robbers.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Robbery Suspects Killed By Mob In Owerri by yinchar(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
I think you one of them right, thats why you supporting armed robbers....mcheww angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Good News Today! My Mom Has Been Released From SARS / Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers / Student Impersonates Emir Sanusi, Demands N1.8m From Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.